Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I can guess the franchises. More would need effort and I don't feel like putting any kind of effort into anything today :(

Therefore it's:
Serious Sam / Legacy of Kain
You get a cookie for the first answer
No cookie for the 2nd one ;P

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
More on that.
Cat just sat on the mouse, and made something appear I NEVER saw on my desktop.
For a brief moment, in the upper left of the screen next to an icon, there was something like a tiny vertical grey bar, the lower par of it was blue.

For the sake of OCD, what was this shit ?
Look, you better stop asking questions.
If you see something strange and it involves your cat, you play dump as if nothing happened. My uncle once saw his cat pushing a briefcase across his garden. He told people and vanished for 2 weeks. He is no longer the same person.
You get a cookie for the first answer
No cookie for the 2nd one ;P
🤔
That's not
"Kain" and "Raziel"
?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
interesting thread about how side activities came to be in first AssCreed
This would explain a number of things, AC1 is not bad but some of those other activities like chancing the flags, were sort of fun but also didn't make sense. By fun I mean just using parkour to move around as part of an objective is fun. It would be used more later on in the series when exploring tombs but those were not timed though.

Guess the game
Or not
Just oogle at these screenshots I took

Also, guess the game~
I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Aaron D.
I'm playing LobCorp. Didn't gel yesterday but I'm slowly getting in the groove of things. That being said, I've just unlocked a new department and... what's the point ? Gameplay wise, AFAIR the department has other passive bonuses, other researches, but it will play just as the first one and basically be 4 more containment units to tend to ?
Are they automatically more difficult ?

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Satisfactory may not release next week, but in first week of june, they don't know an exact release date, they aimed for 26th may (like I predicted), but it might be pushed back (2nd june).

Im a at the freaking edge before I smash that purchase button on Epic. I tried a pirated version for some minutes a while back which was a huge mistake cause I loved what I played.

godammit this is a huge crisis. I will get the Steam version no matter what, but when they keep pushing back the Steam release I don't know how long I can take it. I almost hit the purchase button yesterday.

I basically feel like Troy these days:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I will wait till the last day of the EGS spring sale, if the game has not released or received an official release date by june 11th I will buy the game on Epic with a coupon before the sale ends.

That's all I have left in my waiting power. So the devs have 3 more weeks on them or I will cave in.

The fact that I have waited 1 year and 2 months so far is quite frankly a miracle. And I don't believe in miracles.

Reactions: Alexandros and sk2k

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Anyone want anime FEAR?

How is this anime? more like "who wants a wire-fu FEAR" ?
Though the video looks shallow as fuck, so hopefully it fleshes out.

Anyone here try out Maneater? im not going to EGS it, but id like to know what it's like before it gets patched up for. Steam/etc

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Around 6 hours for this.

Remember, while no announcement is expected, Suda has an strange tradition of announcing stuff at MomoCon every year.

MomoCon 2018 = Killer7 Steam
MomoCon 2019 = Travis Strikes Again Steam/PS4

For this year, who knows if we will see something new but still exciting ^^

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Aaron D.
I'm playing LobCorp. Didn't gel yesterday but I'm slowly getting in the groove of things. That being said, I've just unlocked a new department and... what's the point ? Gameplay wise, AFAIR the department has other passive bonuses, other researches, but it will play just as the first one and basically be 4 more containment units to tend to ?
Are they automatically more difficult ?
New departments expands your base out with more containment units to maintain simultaneously. It broadens your staff pool and gives you more research projects that benefit the entire facility. It also introduces increasingly difficult anomalies.

There's also story beats that coincide with each new dept. as you're introducing new AI dept. directors into the narrative. They have autonomous personalities that often conflict with each other. Often reflecting different value judgments concerning the facility's very existence.

So overall base expansion leads to more complex moment to moment gameplay strategy and story progression.

Reactions: Li Kao

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Well the Epic deal is done, it's been done for 2 months, this is just the devs taking their sweet ass time to finish the Steam version up. This is not something I blame on Epic
Satisfactory would have been on Steam for over a year if it wasn't for Epic. Their shitty money hatting practices and long term goal to "compete" by convincing devs and publishers to keep their games away from other storefronts are reason enough for me to ignore their store completely.
[UWSL]That's all I have left in my waiting power. So the devs have 3 more weeks on them or I will cave in.[/UWSL]
I'm confused now. Why bother waiting at all if you're fine with buying games on EGS? 🤔

You can do with your money whatever you want of course. I'm not judging you. But seeing even people here on MC caving in to Epic's money hatting makes me sad. I really hoped that pc gamers would stand up against this kind of anti-consumer practices.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm confused now. Why bother waiting at all if you're fine with buying games on EGS? 🤔
Im not fine with it, it's why I haven't bought it yet. I can buy and play the game any time I want, I have more than enough money to do an eventual double dip with the Steam version, but I have kept waiting.

Im doing everything in my willpower to not cave in.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
here we go ...

I hope this is not over $600USD.

Being in the middle of stuff is weird since you can't really be in the high end unless you have special stuff or the low end without selling them for cheap.

The only "middle" that exist is the Oculus and they have exclusives to help with that.

Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Im not fine with it, it's why I haven't bought it yet. I can buy and play the game any time I want, I have more than enough money to do an eventual double dip with the Steam version, but I have kept waiting.

You're doing fine so far m8! 😊

Here's some extra motivation:

1) Remember how you refunded the games you bought on EGS because you felt bad for supporting them? Don't make the same mistake twice.

2) Also, if you buy Satisfactory on EGS now, your waiting was completely useless.

3) Read this: I Don't Support EGS (Epic Games Store)

Just a few more weeks 😉

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019

You said it yourself that you got a pirated copy at some point. Why not just keep playing that while the game doens't release on steam?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You said it yourself that you got a pirated copy at some point. Why not just keep playing that while the game doens't release on steam?
It's kinda complicated to update the pirated version, so I stopped bothering with it.

Right now Im playing Xcom Chimera Squad and The Witcher. Thronebreaker to keep my mind off Satisfactory.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Rage 2 is $9.99 on Amazon right now:

Amazon product
I think that's Bethesda Store key... :/

The main thing that ticks me off and will probably prevent me from buying Rage 2 forever is a lot of game content is in-game real currency purchases only. Meaning even the most deluxe edition of the game doesn't include the whole game. And those in-game purchases require use of the Bethesda store.

That pretty much puts Rage 2 on the perma-shitlist for me. I'd even rather throw my money at Tim...

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've played through both versions of Mafia 2, and yeah, that's a lazy remaster:

It's not as terrible as it on the consoles, I haven't encountered any game-breaking issues after playing through the first 5 chapters. Something was improved, something was broken, so yeah, unless you got it for free, wait for patches and a very deep sale before getting it.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Waypoint podcast: Yeah, Boreal Tales is a strange adventure/horror hybrid with retro 32-bit fixed camera presentation style. It follows in the footsteps of Kentucky Rt. Zero & Night In The Woods where the setting is a dying blue-collar industrial town. You should check it out, it's only $3.

I made it through 1 minute of the trailer before saying, "Well I've seen enough. Buying now and not spoiling any more by watching further."

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Definitely feeling I, Dracula: Genesis at this point. There's really a lot to the game. It can be a bit much to manage several held weapons with wildly different powers, special weapons, alien techs, special items, etc etc etc,

Feeling more like Binding of Isaac as I play.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

Waypoint podcast: Yeah, Boreal Tales is a strange adventure/horror hybrid with retro 32-bit fixed camera presentation style. It follows in the footsteps of Kentucky Rt. Zero & Night In The Woods where the setting is a dying blue-collar industrial town. You should check it out, it's only $3.

I made it through 1 minute of the trailer before saying, "Well I've seen enough. Buying now and not spoiling any more by watching further."
Art direction looks ridiculously good. It oozes athmosphere.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat
Status
Not open for further replies.