Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Iconoclasts, huh. That's pretty amazing.

...unfortunately I already spent my coins. :notlikethisblob:

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
...Bullshit?
obviously, lol :p

well, i mean, i don't know about PSN or Xbox ... but they literally HAVE TO set the prices themselves on steam :p volvo won't do it for them ...

even on egs they have control over it ... they just have to ask them nicely to change the price :p

Reactions: PC-tan

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Welp... really wanted Iconoclasts but I only have 13k... oh well, I'll just get it in the sale or wait for a bundle.
Does anyone want me to get them Moon Hunters, The Hex or Space Beast Terror Fright?

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
hell yeah I managed to get an Iconoclasts key before it sold out. wish I hadn't missed some of the other recent games like Yono and some others, but oh well

Reactions: Nabs

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The dev thing is weird because there are some devs that people will always praise and all of that and then some that they will criticize.

Why do developers always feel like they have to defend themselves? In some cases let's say it's a very small group of devs and they are indie, sure okay. The game that they are working on is their passion project and all of that so they would try to defend their stuff.

But what about the big AAA games? Some of the devs for this will still defend the game even though they themselves know that it's bad and stuff like that. I have doubts that everyone working on AAA games is very passionate about that game and will defend it sort of a thing. Its weird because for some it is just a job that they go to and get paid money and they may or may not care about the end product since it's just about what they know how to do.

People are going to always criticize but butting heads with them will only make things worse. Remember the Oblets devs? Sure their game is whole some and all of this other stuff. They poked fun of people, which is not always a good idea. They could have just stopped there but now they got involved and things became rather ugly.

Do people act like this in other industries? Because I doubt that someone working at a fast food place would get into an argument with people other the company that they work for sort of thing.

Another thing that happened recently was the whole Sonic Fox thing, it seems that it's only when people get involved that things don't do well. It could have just been a small little thing but no it just grows.

Anyone one need to sell turnips in Animal Crossing? My island is buying turnips for 396 each
Crytek? Never heard of them. Ubisoft has been the sole developer of Far Cry this entire time.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
$586.95
Naw man. , I'm cool.
I'ts a good Quality/Price balance.

Hey everyone, as I had a bit rough day, I want to wish you a good weekend and give you a huge virtual hug, here's hope your weekend is an amazing one and you have a great time.

:cat-heart-blob:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Any leaks for when the steam summer seal starts? I wanna pick up like 4 or 5 things but I really wanna see if they get discounted.

Next week gonna be exciting
New bundles
Some bottom fodder Sony games
PC Gaming show

Also we need a subtitle for the June thread.
Yea if Sony is really gonna push a $500+ console out the door I expect them to moneyhat a lot of timed exclusives and even permanent exclusives. They really gonna need to give people that incentive to run out and buy. Outside of a Call of Duty or the new Capcom game (RE8 probs) I don't expect much big 3rd party games at their event.

Also really happy to finally get this Non-E3 thing going. Microsoft's event not until July is gonna be crazy tho. Sony will dominate a lot of news with PS5 and if they start taking preorders it will be huge for them not having to compete with Series X in anyway for the time being.

Deleted member 113

I own every full motion video game I can find on Steam (heck, even weird Chinese-only games).
All, except the titles from this "studio".

Really, I buy anything with live action footage, and a lot of it is pure crap, but even I won't touch these. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

You know what? The game is launching on my birthday!
So no, don't give them $2, to make them $2 richer (actually, they don't even know their math, since they get, at best, 70% of that, before tax deductions).
Instead, on July 22nd, give ME $2, to make me $2 richer. :thumbsupblob:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
obviously, lol :p

well, i mean, i don't know about PSN or Xbox ... but they literally HAVE TO set the prices themselves on steam :p volvo won't do it for them ...

even on egs they have control over it ... they just have to ask them nicely to change the price :p
This seems to be a thing bigger companies tell their support staff for some reason. If you contact Paradox, they say the exact same thing. I've been bugging them about the pricing issues with Surviving Mars DLC / Season Pass / First Colony Edition for the better part of a year and every time they essentially blow it off or "pass it to marketing" and they've never addressed it, even on their own store.

Just means I won't ever play the game or buy their DLC, I guess if that's what they want :shrugblob:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This seems to be a thing bigger companies tell their support staff for some reason. If you contact Paradox, they say the exact same thing. I've been bugging them about the pricing issues with Surviving Mars DLC / Season Pass / First Colony Edition for the better part of a year and every time they essentially blow it off or "pass it to marketing" and they've never addressed it, even on their own store.

Just means I won't ever play the game or buy their DLC, I guess if that's what they want :shrugblob:
yeah, apparently none of the bigger publishers really give a fuck about their pricing (or regional pricing) ... for some reason

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
I own every full motion video game I can find on Steam (heck, even weird Chinese-only games).
All, except the titles from this "studio".

Really, I buy anything with live action footage, and a lot of it is pure crap, but even I won't touch these. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

You know what? The game is launching on my birthday!
So no, don't give them $2, to make them $2 richer (actually, they don't even know their math, since they get, at best, 70% of that, before tax deductions).
Instead, on July 22nd, give ME $2, to make me $2 richer. :thumbsupblob:
I wonder how much he made with his previous "game". Maybe it was worth it for the amount of work he put in. If people are giving him money, why would he stop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.