Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Just in case you missed it.

GJ Randy. :steam_pig_deadpan:
Heavy sigh

In other news, Original Sin 2's music really surprises. It's not Kirill's but I like it. What I like less is how downright abusive and overall treating you like crap the people on your own side treat you. Seriously, between Malady and Siva, what the hell? Even Magisters are appearing sympathetic by comparison.

Reactions: lashman and Stevey

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Anyone played Resolutiion?

The game is now in a bundle with CrossCode, making it cheaper for those who already own that game:

---

Also, I haven't followed Disintegration closely.

"Sell me" on the game.

Is it actually going to have some decent single-player content, or is it yet another multiplayer-focused game, with the single-player portion an afterthought?

If it helps, I played the beta, didn't like it, the whole aspect of being a ship on the air who commands a squad of four on the ground got boring pretty quickly.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
It's not perfect but I fail to see how "shite" applies to it. At worst it is designed in a way that does not agrees with you and that's fine. I can definitively see the things that can irk, but saying this sort of thing is a little too meme-y for my taste :).
It's weightless and janky in all sorts of ways. Swords feel like they cut through air unless they get blocked in which case they suddenly weigh 50 pounds, signs are very imbalanced as is par for the course in Witcher games and it only gets worse when you fight non-human enemies.

It's going to take a lot more than "functional enough" for me to praise a combat system, specially one that tries way too hard to be more complicated than it actually is. It's the best combat in action-based WRPGs I've played so far but when your competition is Elder Scrolls that ain't saying much. If I could play through TW3 with no combat I would absolutely do that.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It's weightless and janky in all sorts of ways. Swords feel like they cut through air unless they get blocked in which case they suddenly weigh 50 pounds, signs are very imbalanced as is par for the course in Witcher games.

It's going to take a lot more than "functional enough" for me to praise a combat system. It's the best combat in action-based WRPGs I've played so far but when your competition is Elder Scrolls that ain't saying much. If I could play through TW3 with no combat I would absolutely do that.
I'm not going to try and invalidate you by speaking of my own opinion and feelings about it. Instead I'd say that one of the criticism that I can definitively agree on is that I wish there was more to the purely martial, sword-fighting style than a few attacks. Not necessarily combos, but a bit more variety. The stun animation after you have been parried is not very enjoyable either, I agree there.

It sucks that you haven't been able to enjoy it, that's for sure.

Reactions: Stone Ocean

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I'm not going to try and invalidate you by speaking of my own opinion and feelings about it. Instead I'd say that one of the criticism that I can definitively agree on is that I wish there was more to the purely martial, sword-fighting style than a few attacks. Not necessarily combos, but a bit more variety. The stun animation after you have been parried is not very enjoyable either, I agree there.

It sucks that you haven't been able to enjoy it, that's for sure.
I really, really wish CDPR had expanded on the stance system from 1 instead of scrapping it and going for what 2 and 3 use.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I really, really wish CDPR had expanded on the stance system from 1 instead of scrapping it and going for what 2 and 3 use.
Also agreed, stances are a fun addition to any combat system. Jedi Outcast comes to mind, stances were fantastic in there.

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Oh Randy, it took me a while to get the whole picture of what was going on. But killing cops? Or well the act of "advertising" that you can kill cops in your game, sure is something else.

Reactions: Stevey

Deleted member 113

Like I previously mentioned, yesterday I played the demo of Heavy Rain, and I enjoyed it.
It was the typical Quantum Dream game: appealing premise and "mood", and "janky" gameplay, with unnecessarily complex motions to trigger the most simple movements.

Today I tried the demo of Beyond: Two Souls, and my reaction couldn't be farthest from Heavy Rain.
Loud and stupid, and with the "jankyness" turned up to eleven. I kept failing to trigger anything, because the game appears to lack any and all logic in its controls.
So, first I make a small motion up to get up. Makes sense, right?
A few scenes later, I have to motion down, to... get up?
And don't get me started on the combat. What a mess.

Hopefully, Detroit: Become Human will be more like Heavy Rain, and less like Beyond: Two Souls.
This control method is tolerable for slower games, and investigative gameplay, but if you are placing it in constant chases, and combat sequences, you are asking for trouble,
At least there's no Ellen Page in it, right? That automatically makes it likely to be less insufferable.

Reactions: lashman and Shahem

Deleted member 113

Like I previously mentioned, yesterday I played the demo of Heavy Rain, and I enjoyed it.
It was the typical Quantum Dream game: appealing premise and "mood", and "janky" gameplay, with unnecessarily complex motions to trigger the most simple movements.

Today I tried the demo of Beyond: Two Souls, and my reaction couldn't be farthest from Heavy Rain.
Loud and stupid, and with the "jankyness" turned up to eleven. I kept failing to trigger anything, because the game appears to lack any and all logic in its controls.
So, first I make a small motion up to get up. Makes sense, right?
A few scenes later, I have to motion down, to... get up?
And don't get me started on the combat. What a mess.

Hopefully, Detroit: Become Human will be more like Heavy Rain, and less like Beyond: Two Souls.
This control method is tolerable for slower games, and investigative gameplay, but if you are placing it in constant chases, and combat sequences, you are asking for trouble,
At least there's no Ellen Page in it, right? That automatically makes it likely to be less insufferable.
As a follow up to my previous post, I now tried the last demo, Detroit: Become Human, and you know what, I dig it! I dig it a lot, actually.
It's back to the investigative gameplay like Heavy Rain, but with some cool touches (like replaying events to search for clues and information that will help you in your proceedings; in a way, it kind of reminded me of some of the mechanics in Remember Me).
In terms of the actual gameplay, I would say this is my favourite of the 3 demos, although the story and setting of Heavy Rain is more to my liking.
Both demos are much more engaging and appealing to me than that mess that is the demo for Beyond: Two Souls.

If the price is right, I'll probably be buying at least Heavy Rain, and Detroit: Become Human, when they launch on Steam.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Reactions: Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.