Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
I imagine Judgement 1 just has a 6 month timed exclusivity to stadia and due to not wanting to make releases weird. They're going to wait for that to come to PC first before doing Lost Judgement so there isn't "Well why would I buy this if I can't play the first".

Granted they're already being weird with Judgement being XSX only but Lost Judgement being on XB1 lol

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
They reached the same way with Metro Exodus launch comparing to Last Light Steam launch numbers. Its really embarrassing.
Oh yeah, I remember now that you mention it. IIRC it was phrased super ambiguously, too. So it wasn't clear if they were comparing it to the original launch, the Redux edition launch or both combined lol.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
More Apex talk, Apex on Steam reached over 315k

Also Arena on day 1 was very meh since people didn't know how to play and would leave once they died..... I played yesterday night and it was a very different experience it felt like my team knew what to do. And I'm not sure if it was a big but the match lasted way longer than I thought.

So day 1 matches went like this

- 3V3
-you just had to win 3 matches and that was it

That was actually rather boring, so the way that they updated it is

-3v3
-there are 3 sets of 3 that you have to win, so I guess that means that now instead of just winning 3 rounds it's basically 9 rounds that you have to win.

I guess a better word would be that you need to win 3 sets, each set has 3 rounds. I think that for each sets it's for who ever is able to win the 3 rounds first. I think it's the sets that is actually 2 best out of 3, so you need to win at least 2 sets of 3?

Yeah it was really weird which is why I thought the game was over half way through but it still kept going, this is nice since it does give the other team a chance of a comeback because with just 3 matches , it would feel too quick.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Are any of these actually lifetime exclusive outside of Auto Chess? World War Z was confirmed timed and released on Windows Store + Gamepass. The lack of steam release seems like a choice by the devs.
I would think Epic coming for their pound of flesh for titles that must have done really poorly on EGS is the bigger, badder part.

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I had to reset my computer and lost my chrome extensions. I had one extension in particular that I don't remember what it was called. It basically stopped websites from running certain features upon opening the web page. The icon of the extension was a blue s with angry eyes on it with a circle slash on it

Any idea?

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I had to reset my computer and lost my chrome extensions. I had one extension in particular that I don't remember what it was called. It basically stopped websites from running certain features upon opening the web page. The icon of the extension was a blue s with angry eyes on it with a circle slash on it

Any idea?
Noscript

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Namco classic collections are $5 each on humble, $4 with choice discount

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I get it, but she has written "soon" many times before both Days Gone and Horizon (I think) was announced for PC and they both went to EGS and Steam.
I have no doubts Bloodborne will come to Steam as well as EGS.

The question is...well when will it be announced ?

I sort of expected God of War to be next after Days Gone. Hopefully it comes this year as well. Cory from Santa Monica would be happy.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The question is...well when will it be announced ?
Before december 2022 is my guess. :p

Well, is these numbers good or bad? I have no knowledge in this, so any sort of millions sounds good to me. Then again, Valve reports that every new big sale earned more money than their last big sale, so I don't know.

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Before december 2022 is my guess. :p

Well, is these numbers good or bad? I have no knowledge in this, so any sort of millions sounds good to me. Then again, Valve reports that every new big sale earned more money than their last big sale, so I don't know.
If I would need to guess those numbers are low. I think that Valve earns 10M like par day or at least every few days outside of sale. Hell even Epic says that they are surprised by lower sales.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
More Apex talk, Apex on Steam reached over 315k

Also Arena on day 1 was very meh since people didn't know how to play and would leave once they died..... I played yesterday night and it was a very different experience it felt like my team knew what to do. And I'm not sure if it was a big but the match lasted way longer than I thought.

So day 1 matches went like this

- 3V3
-you just had to win 3 matches and that was it

That was actually rather boring, so the way that they updated it is

-3v3
-there are 3 sets of 3 that you have to win, so I guess that means that now instead of just winning 3 rounds it's basically 9 rounds that you have to win.

I guess a better word would be that you need to win 3 sets, each set has 3 rounds. I think that for each sets it's for who ever is able to win the 3 rounds first. I think it's the sets that is actually 2 best out of 3, so you need to win at least 2 sets of 3?

Yeah it was really weird which is why I thought the game was over half way through but it still kept going, this is nice since it does give the other team a chance of a comeback because with just 3 matches , it would feel too quick.
Isn't the way it works that You have to win min 3 games with at least 2 points over the opposing team or 5 games? I don't think they've changed it since the start of the season, been that way for me since the start. Which means you can still win a game with 3 matches, as long as the other team don't get any points.

Reactions: PC-tan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
If you train people to get free stuff or for really cheap don't expect them to pay more.
Exactly and wasn't this one of the points Epic have been spouting for years and years against Valve?
The sales were training people to not pay for games and devaluing developer's work? ... and yet as i've said before Epic are doing EVERYTHING that they said was a terrible thing to do and Valve were bad for doing it.

It's why i don't trust Epic's motives in ANY of this.
Any percieved good that comes from this that doesn't line Epic's pockets is just a side-effect for them, just a smokescreen for them to funnel more money and people are lapping up this supposed crusade for good led by Epic fighting for the 'little man'. It's bollocks.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Exactly and wasn't this one of the points Epic have been spouting for years and years against Valve?
The sales were training people to not pay for games and devaluing developer's work? ... and yet as i've said before Epic are doing EVERYTHING that they said was a terrible thing to do and Valve were bad for doing it.

It's why i don't trust Epic's motives in ANY of this.
Any percieved good that comes from this that doesn't line Epic's pockets is just a side-effect for them, just a smokescreen for them to funnel more money and people are lapping up this supposed crusade for good led by Epic fighting for the 'little man'. It's bollocks.
The "funny" thing is: Full-price releases ranging from 60 to 80 dollars are setting new CCU records either generally or for their franchise on Steam one after another.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Yup, i forgot to add that to my screed, lol. Ooops.

People went to Valve for Half-Life and Valve products then Valve opened it up as a Service once they'd identified that that's what they as a studio/publisher and that customers as customers wanted. We've seen from documents that Valve approached other publishers years ago but they weren't interested. Come for the sales and stay for the service.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I think It's why the EG Store is so barebones. Why invest in it when you're just going to move everything into your "Metaverse" Fortnite launcher with it's PS Home clone in a few years? EGS is just for presence, to keep relevancy. Even these court cases keep Epic in people's minds while they build Frankenstein's "Metaverse" in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.