Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
MetaSteam June 2021 | StrIVing for your attention and money
MetaSteam June 2021 | Now with 85% more season appropriate licensed games
MetaSteam June 2021 | Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Eh I tried.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Do I risk corrupting my save if I try the PC internal clock trick for Nier ?
No fucking way I suffer through flower hybridization.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
My Vicky 3 wishlist:

They need to correctly model the different political systems. Vicky 2 was basically the British system for every constitutional monarchy. the political realities didn't work for Prussia/Germany at all, for example.

The same with religion.
First of all, the clergy being responsible for education and science is stupid beyond belief.
Second, for Germany, again, the political realities of the Protestant (Nothern Germany/Prussia) and Catholic (Southern Germany) strife within the Reich was completely absent. The Zentrumspartei was a catholic conservative party and was always thrown together with all other conservative and reactionary parties in votes in Germany. While the reality was, that the Zentrumspartei was basically a state enemy of the Kaiser and Chancellor.

Research: I would like a research system like the game "Pride of Nations". You would passively research new systems by things you do and finance, which is more based on reality then the head of state saying "Hey eggheads, invent me Nitroglycerin!"

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I DID IT!

I just needed to play Victoria II again and BAM! Vicky 3 is announced! (I started playing Vicky 2 a few days ago on a whim)

You can all thank me!
quick, go play Revengeance! :negative-blob:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
As I feared, that Odyssey launch is pretty rough. It's pretty much an open beta that was shipped to please shareholders, the usual industry bullshit.

That mostly negative score seems pretty deserved for what they pushed out to customers. What's even more a shame is that Horizon had a planet generation system that had truly unique traits. Huge elevation deltas, large formations visible from space that even SC doesn't have today, given the tile-based generation format it uses. Odyssey forfeits large parts of this and it's just a crying shame.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I tried it earlier and it worked. Well, there was a 257kb "getsufuu_maden.nes" file in a folder called Roms in the extracted archives.
Now to throw it into an emulator and apply the Fan Translations.

Nestopia would not play it or the IPS patch ENG translation but the FCEUMM Core in RestroArch was fine.
I patched the original rom with Lunar IPS.
I suspect you need to add the game to the Nestopia xml database for it to be recognised and work.

Also, I'm going to try this later this weekend. If you want the Normandy from Mass Effect as a Frigate in your fleet in NMS run this Expedition.

Sean Murray Tweet announcing that fans had found the Normandy!

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
That's about the best way to get a lot of people to check out your game.
Yeah, no problem with that, I did the same with a lot of games and then wishlisted on Steam to buy in the future, just that grand strategy games can be played for years while they leave game pass after around a year. Plus you will miss out on mods, playtime, cheevos, your save won't carry over etc.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah, no problem with that, I did the same with a lot of games and then wishlisted on Steam to buy in the future, just that grand strategy games can be played for years while they leave game pass after around a year. Plus you will miss out on mods, playtime, cheevos, your save won't carry over etc.
I had CK2 permanently installed on various rigs for 8 years straight.

I only uninstalled it when CK3 landed.

(And it still felt bad.)

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I was worried that Microsoft was suddenly not offering PC Gamepass codes for Microsoft Rewards, but apparently that happens every now and then.
Imagine playing a grand strategy game on a renting service.
I mean, I played Crusader Kings 3 on it. Because I don't play those kinds of games and it's nice not to have to pay 60 dollars to confirm that yes, I don't care for this genre.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I remember holding Mercenaries 2 in my hand in GAME on release day and i can't remember why i put it back and what i chose instead.
The "Lithuanian Dad & Hello, it's Dan" Let's play is one i watch at least once a year. Good fun.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Saints Row: The Third Remastered is out now on Steam. Plus its on sale with up to 65% off for Existing owners of Saints Row: The Third The Full Package on Steam

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Steam is crap, there's no way i only put 92 hours into SR3! lol
Do we know if this is any good? I mean the original game is awesome, what do we know about the Remaster?

It's not out for me yet in the UK just up for Wishlist.

Leon Belmont The store and pages were a bit laggy a few minutes ago but it all seems okay now for me... actually nope, the store is still slightly laggy and slow to respond.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
DLC for CK3, finally! Time to flesh the game out more. I vanilla game was very polished and good, but still excited for more content.

Edit: It's part of the Royal Edition, so no need to buy it for me at least, nice.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Oof, the list of DLC for Cities Skyline, Stellaris and to a lesser extent, Surviving Mars.
Any must buy DLC in this ?

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland

I really, really enjoyed Mercenaries 2 back in the day.
Was around the time of Just Cause 2 and it always felt like it was radically overlooked.
I absolutely loved the first game. I played it on the OG Xbox and am sad to this day that it never released on PC. The second one was nowhere near as good as the first game. The setting was less interesting, less gritty and they went a bit too far with the humor (kinda what happened with Saints Row). Decent game, but nothing to write home about imo. With EA remastering and remaking games now, I really hope Mercenaries 1 is one of them.
Never heard of that. Probably cos it's origin only on PC?
It was sold in retail as well and wasn't attached to any launcher by default. You could redeem the key on Origin, but I don't remember if it worked out of the box or if you had to do it through EA live chat.

• Gib
Reactions: freshVeggie

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Reactions: Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
£20.99 for SR3 Remastered at 40% off
£14.77 for 3rd Street Saints Bundle at 72% off because i already have some of the DLC... hmm, which to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.