Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
So... my net was out for two days (because of an event happening in India) and got back today.

Saw Steam sales and was looking into buying some games off my wishlist.

I check just now and my entire 1300 games wishlist got wiped out for no reason.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So... my net was out for two days (because of an event happening in India) and got back today.

Saw Steam sales and was looking into buying some games off my wishlist.

I check just now and my entire 1300 games wishlist got wiped out for no reason.
whoa ... what? why? o_O

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
THANK YOU.

Please do more cleanup regarding these categories.

Sadly, even if the developers don't get it wrong, users do. There are a ton of games on steam which are user-tagged "Local Co-op" but are actually "Local competitive multiplayer". I introduced a "Not actually coop" tag at some point but surprisingly it didn't catch on :p

Edit:
Also, "Shared/Split-screen" is a really dumb category -- it's subsumed by the others and doesn't provide any extra information. If something has local multiplayer then yeah, the screen will be either split or shared. Duh. It would be far more useful to have either one of those individually.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
THANK YOU.

Please do more cleanup regarding these categories.

Sadly, even if the developers don't get it wrong, users do. There are a ton of games on steam which are user-tagged "Local Co-op" but are actually "Local competitive multiplayer". I introduced a "Not actually coop" tag at some point but surprisingly it didn't catch on :p

Edit:
Also, "Shared/Split-screen" is a really dumb category -- it's subsumed by the others and doesn't provide any extra information. If something has local multiplayer then yeah, the screen will be either split or shared. Duh. It would be far more useful to have either one of those individually.
better late than never :p

Deleted member 113

Does anyone know if Romancing Saga 3 has any time-limited content?

I know there's a discount, but Square frequently gives out wallpapers/soundtracks/artbooks, and they don't always advertise it very clearly. :)

thanks

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Today I tried to finish Assassin's Creed Unity. Didn't touch it in months because it's uh... dogshit. But I don't hate it enough to make it my first skipped AC. I have played Liberation all the way after all.
Well, just trying to use my DS4 on Uplay was a giant PITA. With or without DS4Windows, with or without the 'hide DS4' option. A trainwreck, some buttons working, some not, prompt in Playstationise, then when pushed turning to Microsoftise.
Then I added the game to steam and it just works.

I will laugh in the face of the next fucker that talks about 'just another launcher'.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
No Romancing Saga 2 discount, why am I not surprised ?

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
I need to start doing what you’re doing with parts accumulation. Are you looking for sales/deals? Or just picking up what you want, but parsing it out so it doesn’t hit your wallet at once?
Also, where? I used to live off of Newegg but there is some shadiness going on with them.
Yeah, Newegg has been the destination for me years ago but now with tax being charged in my state plus some of their items sold there can cost shipping prices, I haven't been buying from there as of late.

It's a little of both on finding sales/opportunities and just buying what I want because it's never gonna go on sale or get a price drop (P600s and Noctua NH-D15 in black are some examples). I got lucky that a coupon was valid towards my purchase of a 3900x. If you're looking to start building with Ryzen, the 3700x is going for $308 on Amazon or $299.99 if you're near a Microcenter. With Black Friday around the corner, I'm sure RAM and motherboards will see some prices getting slashed.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
It has been on since Saturday.
Strange... can't find it anywhere on the shop. I noticed some items from my wishlist went on sale but I'd like to check the sale page to see if anything catches my eye.

edit: found the link elsewhere but still it's odd my shop doesn't show it.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
What exactly is Eurojank? 🤔

;)

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

;)
They should have called it "east-euro jank". 🤭

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Observing on r/oculusquest and r/oculus, when Oculus Link update arrives sometime this month, there will be a flood of Quest owners buying stuff on Steam as VR game is a lot of the time cheaper om Steam than Oculus Store and the PCVR library is much bigger than the Oculus Store.

In the end, Valve always wins with their anti walled-garden philosophy.

Reactions: C-Dub and PC-tan

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Observing on r/oculusquest and r/oculus, when Oculus Link update arrives sometime this month, there will be a flood of Quest owners buying stuff on Steam as VR game is a lot of the time cheaper om Steam than Oculus Store and the PCVR library is much bigger than the Oculus Store.

In the end, Valve always wins with their anti walled-garden philosophy.
There are several PC-only games for Quest owners to buy on Oculus store too. Lone Echo, Echo Arena/Combat, Asgard's Wrath, Stormland in a couple days, etc. Since Quest owners have already used the Oculus store I'm sure several of these games will be in their crosshair. Viveport also is hardware-agnostic (for the most part, they still need to manually support some devices) and will likely work fine with the Quest Link too as from what I've heard it just registers as a Rift. They'll probably do a free trial or whatever for Quest users as they did for Rift users and Index users in the past to try and get them onboard. But yes, there's no reason to think Quest owners wouldn't also go on Steam, just as Rift owners do giving Oculus hardware a 50% market share in the monthly Steam surveys. They'll probably get a nice bump in that once Link is out cementing their position as hardware market leaders, even if they'd love to be so in software too.

Last edited:

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Couple of things are bugging me.
Why, when I launch STEAM do all these windows seem to launch in random places on the screen?

Also, when I look at the screenshot uploader in the in-game overlay its always the wrong size and I have to rescale it every time, and why if I forget to upload screenshots when I'm in-game, does the uploader not appear when I exit like it used to so I have to upload them one by one.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
This is off-topic but fucking hell, I just had a hell of a scare with my PC. Turned it on and it would go straight into BIOS, for some reason. (???) I figured maybe one of the keys on my keyboard was stuck or something (the ones you press to enter BIOS), so I unplugged all USB devices and tried again but no luck. After some fucking around in BIOS and looking at the boot menu I started worrying that my SSD might have died.

Turns out the boot order just got changed and Windows Boot Manager was no longer the first one in priority. Never really had any issues with this PC, so I haven't fucked around in the BIOS as much as my previous one. IIRC on my previous system you would just put your boot drive in my first place, so I didn't immediately see what the problem was. But now I'm wondering why the hell the boot order changed. All I can think of is that I updated WD SSD Dashboard last night. Is there any way that could've messed with it?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
This is off-topic but fucking hell, I just had a hell of a scare with my PC. Turned it on and it would go straight into BIOS, for some reason. (???) I figured maybe one of the keys on my keyboard was stuck or something (the ones you press to enter BIOS), so I unplugged all USB devices and tried again but no luck. After some fucking around in BIOS and looking at the boot menu I started worrying that my SSD might have died.

Turns out the boot order just got changed and Windows Boot Manager was no longer the first one in priority. Never really had any issues with this PC, so I haven't fucked around in the BIOS as much as my previous one. IIRC on my previous system you would just put your boot drive in my first place, so I didn't immediately see what the problem was. But now I'm wondering why the hell the boot order changed. All I can think of is that I updated WD SSD Dashboard last night. Is there any way that could've messed with it?
Haha this has happened to me exactly once. I just shrugged it off as a weird Windows bug. It has never happened again.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Haha this has happened to me exactly once. I just shrugged it off as a weird Windows bug. It has never happened again.
Well at least I'm not alone, I guess haha, I googled a bit on my phone and couldn't really find anything that was specifically the same issue. If it's truly just a weird but ultimately harmless Windows oddity then good, but what a scary bug lol.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
You know what right now i am REALLY in the mood for a proper AAA flighting game set in WW2 again

Lemme bomb the shit out of Dresden in a B17 pretty please

WHY WONT ANYBODY MAKE ONE

KILLING MACHINE
Thunder in the Sky
B SEVENTEEN
Flying home
KILLING MACHINE
Said goodbye to the cross he deserved

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
About Romancing Saga 3, there's a thread on Steam Community where the OP is saying the game is locked to 30fps. :02think:

Was this the case for RS2 as well? :02notes:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
About Romancing Saga 3, there's a thread on Steam Community where the OP is saying the game is locked to 30fps. :02think:

Was this the case for RS2 as well? :02notes:
I don't know how it was in the SaGa 2 port but yeah, it's a wee bit janky.

Hopefully they'll fix this. Not a dealbreaker since it's just a sprite based game but it does feel weird.

Reactions: Kvik

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
You know what right now i am REALLY in the mood for a proper AAA flighting game set in WW2 again

Lemme bomb the shit out of Dresden in a B17 pretty please

WHY WONT ANYBODY MAKE ONE
Because the continued bombing of German cities towards the end of the war is a spicy topic, especially Dresden. I'm usually not squeamish about that stuff and played the shit out of LucasArts' old sims like Finest Hour and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe but carpet bombing civilians is thankfully a tough sell. Well and unfortunately so are flight sims themselves. Feels like a lifetime ago that EA was one of the top sim producers all through the 90s, and then.... poof

But take a look at this, not AAA but good reviews and goes on sale regularly:

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Welp..... I got a call from the temp place telling me that they could get me a spot at the places I wanted...... The hours would be from 3PM-12AM. I'd be getting paid $12.50 USD an hour (that is what the temp place would be paying me).

I was kind of happy to be going back to school but I don't know if I will be doing that now. I think I will still be taking my econ class online and just drop my CS class.

I really hope that it goes well. For right now the temp place is sending them my resume and I might get a call for an Interview. If it goes well and I get the job then I would give a 2 week notice to my current employer.

The place that I might get a job at is looking for a long term person. At most of the places that I have worked at I have worked for at least a year, does that sort of count? Or are they looking for some one that does not plan to leave at all sort of thing, when they say they are looking for a "long term employee".

Well if this goes well I might be able to buy a Valve index, since I would be working Monday-Friday for at least 10 hours a day. So 50 hours a week at $12.50USD an hour so I would be making at least $500USD a week, which would mean $2k USD a month. Compared to the current ~$800USD (a month) that I'm getting paid right now at my current job.

I want to play, but that regional price =/
KT must have been scared from the amount of people requesting refunds for the game.

I wonder what would it be like if refunds were a thing in Japan. Since there have been times when some games have come out and people "hated" them. Some examples are stuff like New Gundam Breaker, and Gundam Extreme VS Force. Within a month or so those games were already on sale (more than 60% off and their previous installments saw a big boost in sales).

Status
Not open for further replies.