Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Still not sure if I should buy a 1080p/120 or a 1440p/120 monitor.
On the one hand I 'just' have a 2060 super, on the other I don't buy a monitor every Tuesday and kinda want to near-future proof it.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Take 1440p. It’s perfect if you don’t want to jump into 4K land.

There is always option to use 1080p with black bars around / windowed mode if you can’t run the 1440p.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
All this hesitation because yeah, 1440p120 monitors are not cheap, but mostly I fear biting off more than my 2060 super can chew. 1440p, more than 60 fps...

Reactions: Shahem

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
All this hesitation because yeah, 1440p120 monitors are not cheap, but mostly I fear biting off more than my 2060 super can chew. 1440p, more than 60 fps...
It'll be okay. My 2070 is basically a 2060 Super and it does a fine job at 1440p as long as ray tracing is out of the equation. Otherwise it's sub 60fps.

Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im going 1080p144hz gsync for as long as I can.

Don't really care about higher resolution, especially not 4k.

My current PC from summer 2016 has lasted this long because of 1080p and it' still going strong. Only problem is that I need a SSD, but I don't think Im gonna get one until I build a new PC.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I weep for you there. I mean, I'm not trend shaming and if your experience is good, all the better, but a SSD is so good.
I suppose you will directly go from HDD to NVMe ?

As for me, I saw that these days the Asus TUF VG27AQ is 450 instead of 500 euros and in some participating shops I can ask Asus for a 30 euro reimbursement. This might be the little push I needed (even if it's frankly not a big discount Asus :thinking-blob: )
One could say 'wait for Black Friday, but as this price is valid until December on some shops, I fear this is the extent of what I can hope for.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Okay I'm not sure if they DS4 is like this but there might be hope for audio on the DS for PC!!!!!! For some reason when I connect my DS my audio switches to "controller speaker". So you know how with Death Stranding you could hear BB on the DS4? You might be able to do that now on PC with the DS if Kojima officially supports it and makes an update.
So, have you tried playing audio on that? Wouldn't really be interesting for actual gaming, but kinda curious if that tiny speaker could be used on PC as well. I always assumed that never worked on PC, even with the official adapter.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
So this TFTCProject will put Tie Fighter in X-Wing Alliance, the original campaign converted exactly and also a reimagining with the new tech possibilities :eek:
I love that in the second video, the person holding the mouse clearly feels the same way I do about that opening soundtrack :p.

• Toucan
Reactions: Alextended

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm sure all of you already do it, but those who use game pass ultimate only on PC, make sure to redeem the games with gold games, never know if you happen to be on a xbox one day.:D
Good point, I don't use the service right now but it's a good thing to remember.

Reactions: Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I weep for you there. I mean, I'm not trend shaming and if your experience is good, all the better, but a SSD is so good.
I suppose you will directly go from HDD to NVMe ?
Yeah, since the mobos Im aiming to choose from all place for 2 NVME, IM going for 2x 1tb NVME and maybe a 1tb external, but don't know yet.

Im one of the few PC players on the planet who don't use an SSD for gaming yet.

I've had the money for a new PC ready for at least 8 months and I can still put forward some more money if needed. I just don't know when I will build it. My current plan is to build it when I feel Im having to compromise too much in future games.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Anyone try pausing the new HB Monthly? I'm wondering if they're offering a discount again when you do so.
Only really interested in Yakuza Kiwami 2, and just moderately so because I don't expect to play it any time soon.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Starting in an hour

Edit: Sale page on steam
There is a typo in the banner "Novenber"

Are those banners made by Valve or by the event organizer?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Bought Terminator (through Steam) and Dirt 5 (through CDkeys.com) spontaneously.
Yeah I'm stupid, but I also feel pretty down and I hope to find at least one game that's fun again. I didn't enjoy this hobby for the last couple of weeks tbh. I sat there, started something, played for ten minutes and than turned my PC off again.
Forced myself to give WD Legion a try, but damn that wasn't a good idea. It's shell of a game.

Anyway:

Dirt 5 reminds me of the old Bleifuß (Screamer) games and that's a good thing. Don't get me wrong, the driving model in Dirt 5 has to be called realistic in comparison to Screamer. What both games have in common is a certain simplicity: There is no world map, no collectibles, no tuning, no complex customization, no bullshit.
You jump in and do race after race. That's pretty much it. It's fast, the AI is mediocre at best, the visuals are great and the tracks well done. It's simple fun.

But as so many games lately, it's not in the best of technical states. It crashes 8 out of 10 times on startup. No idea why. But once it loads, it runs fine.

Will try out Terminator later. But the couple of minutes I've seen so far: Promissing.

Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Anyone try pausing the new HB Monthly? I'm wondering if they're offering a discount again when you do so.
Only really interested in Yakuza Kiwami 2, and just moderately so because I don't expect to play it any time soon.
Got 2$ off today.

Reactions: beep boop

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
There is a typo in the banner "Novenber"

Are those banners made by Valve or by the event organizer?
I think by the event organizer. I think that Valve helps with some stuff but everything else is more or less just webpage stuff that the organizer can set. Since I doubt that Valve does all of the events especially with how many there have been in the last year and with how many publisher specific stuff there have been. I don't even recall seeing a Steam panel on the front page for the event.

WTF. Indie Live Expo II is going to last 4 hours.
It went on for 5 hours or so I think and they somehow managed to show over 200 games. Also Zun made this song for the event.

So, have you tried playing audio on that? Wouldn't really be interesting for actual gaming, but kinda curious if that tiny speaker could be used on PC as well. I always assumed that never worked on PC, even with the official adapter.
I will test some things out and see what happens. I'm not sure if it worked with the official adapter since I don't think there are many of those out there (I kinda wish that I had gotten one at the time now) if they release a DS one I might pick it up. But overall it's mostly nice for those few games that do make use of the feature but not that many do. I'm guessing that Sony liked how the Wii mote would make noises from it's small speaker.

Also I think it's when it's in audio mode that it sort of vibrates or something.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
How hard can it be not to push the button before the embargo is up.

A bit disappointed they are not full remakes. The original versions look really dated right now, mods can only do so much.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hey I hope they are still counting votes and all of that. Everyone that voted should have their vote counted especially if there are "recounts" or what ever

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hopefully nearing the final stretch in Fae Tactics, I've got 2 optional-ish sections to finish up but they're a bunch of tough ass battles @3@

• Love

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
Hey I hope they are still counting votes and all of that. Everyone that voted should have their vote counted especially if there are "recounts" or what ever
Yes the votes are still being counted now. Everyone has just called it as there is no chance of Trump catching up in the rest of the states to get to 270 Electoral college votes. There is also at least recount in Wisconsin and Georgia coming next week or so.

Reactions: LEANIJA and PC-tan

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
When a Humble Choice is finally a good one, I already played the games or won't play them anytime soon. :frowning-face-with-open-mouth:

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.