Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Explained this a few pages ago, when HZD was released on PC, there was no option for self-publishing on EGS (and still there's none but it's more open) so Sony and Epic had to deal between them to put the game in EGS, so far it doesn't mean anything for Steam releases and as for right now it's the only thing it makes sense.

About the other two sony games on EGS (predator and No run heroes or something like that) those are Sony PUBLISHED games, not even developed by them and they are quite weird choices, so yeah, HZD is something I would take into account but those other two wouldn't as for right now.

Epic’s launcher isnt open like Steam and developers need to be approved by Epic. So they partnered to get it on the store.
DAMN YOU, ARSENE! :blobclosecry:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Once you've climbed up enough in the ranking system, it's nonstop toxicity as far as the eye can see.
Doesn't help you, but that's my experience with every game focused on player versus player interaction.

Most fun is to be have when a game is new, nobody understands it and with lower rank people.
Climbing the ladder often goes hand in hand with a more aggressive, winning fixated sub-community where nobody makes mistakes and people still loose.
Only way to escape is to get even better and to reach some kind of semi professional master tier, where things quiet down a bit again. Sometimes.

• Sad
Reactions: Avern and Swenhir

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Epic’s launcher isnt open like Steam and developers need to be approved by Epic. So they partnered to get it on the store.
Explained this a few pages ago, when HZD was released on PC, there was no option for self-publishing on EGS (and still there's none but it's more open) so Sony and Epic had to deal between them to put the game in EGS, so far it doesn't mean anything for Steam releases and as for right now it's the only thing it makes sense.

About the other two sony games on EGS (predator and No run heroes or something like that) those are Sony PUBLISHED games, not even developed by them and they are quite weird choices, so yeah, HZD is something I would take into account but those other two wouldn't as for right now.
I see. I was not aware that dev/pubs can't put their own games themselves without talking to Epic first.

• Hug
Reactions: Arsene and Mor

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Not even Epic has its own older game on EGS. If you want Unreal and all of those you still have to get them on Steam (do they ever even go on sale?) And they claim the reason is to get partners games on EGS first rather than their own games of something like that.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Lol, I came across a new upcoming laucher on Reddit called Ultra: Home

But the games advertised on the screenshot doesn't exist, neither does the studio (neither does the publisher Frostfire or the dev Padplus) as far as I have google searched.

The platform had a very obvious employee shilling for it on 4chan a few days ago.
The most important info from the thread is this:
Their "Our Management team" is full of people you have literally never heard of and that bear no meaningful results if you google them. Their "SR.DIR.DEV.RELATIONS" Person also appears to be the CEO of "Oveclock Agency" as well as working full time on Developer Relations for Oculus.
The CEO reeks of "Startup bro".
Founder & CEO of "Color Stone"
Mobile game developer in Beijing,
Founder & CEO of "Youcall"
Shady google optimizing website that took money to tell you which keywords to spam your website with to be on the first page of google results, yikes
Founder & CEO of "PixelBeam"
Zhengzhou China based game dev studio that worked on a free to play "MMOFPS" that nobody ever heard of called "Storm United". I guess it never came out of early access and in the one video I could find shortly after Early Access release it looked like ass and had a full 3 players online.
Founder & CEO of "Ruyi - Yiaobawang"
Quote: "Development of a soon to be announced (Q4 2018) hardware and software platform in partnership with AMD."
As far as I can see another thing that went fucking nowhere. He seems to blame the Other Board members for "Not following up on their promises" and then left.
And now:
Founder & CEO of "Ultra"
quote: "Ultra is bringing the blockchain revolution to the gaming industry [...]"
Fucking reeks of a pointless Startup bro that probably puts more effort into designing a website and getting funding than actually delivering anything. I mean fuck the whole concept is "It's a game store.... but one a BLOCKCHAIN!" Uuh wow, what a revolution. He has zero experience doing anything that is promised, he has NEVER had a successful business before and I doubt it'll go anywhere this time.
I mean: "Ultra is bringing the blockchain revolution to the gaming industry and creating a fair ecosystem for the future of games distribution" How likely is it that this startup bro is going to "revolutionize" the game market with his only dumb idea being "store but blockchain"?

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
The platform had a very obvious employee shilling for it on 4chan a few days ago.
The most important info from the thread is this:
AMD sure likes backing blockchain launchers. What was that previous one ? (I don't remember, it had reselling too but you only got part of 30% when reselling, so it was more like remove game from library and get dollar or two for next game)

Edit: found it https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/robot-cache

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Well I likely got banned from ERA for a while for my strange comment. But it's true. What do people really know? Most people (including a lot of us are just arm chair analyst and these companies are the ones making all kinds of money that we will never see in our lifetime.

"Well you see by Sony having first party stuff on other platforms it devalues their platforms (well..... To me at least it devalues their platform because why would I buy a console for just 2-4 games)"

That just sounds so dumb seeing how me for me I pretty much purchased a PS4 to be able to finish Persona 5 since I got the PS4 CE. And I was playing it via remote play from my cousins PS4.

People are saying stuff like well by Sony having their games be on PC will all of a sudden making them lose over 30 million units in console sales??????? How does that even make sense?

People mention how Sony is focusing on both hardware and software sales well you need hardware to get people to buy software and even then there is no guarantee that they may buy 10+ games hell they may even just buy 2-3 games, never even buy PS+ or PSNow and only use it for Netflix. At that point how much money did Sony make off that person?

Remember there are 100+ million PS4 that were sold and when you look at their top selling first party titles on average they only seem to do 10 million units. 10 million is a lot and that's good but that's like what only a 10% adoption rate? And somehow by having these games on something like PC all of a sudden you are going to see a 30% drop in hardware sales??? It just boggles my mind.

Why do people love to contradict themselves? Even right now when you compare a PC to a PS4 (and this is with you leaving out the games) people will just go off on you about how "it's cheaper", "it's simpler", and "it's more comfortable"..... And yet somehow you are going to see Sony sell 30 million consoles in their life time sale by releasing on PC........

I could go on with more but it's the same song and dance (time and time again).

Also from my at least Sony would be making more money because I never buy SIE games at launch since they will for a fact be $10-$20USD at some point in time. And if that was the case they would be getting somewhere between $150-$200USD from me (GMG sales and Sony getting at least 70% and me buying these at launch with the 22% off discount) vs Sony only getting $50-100 USD from me from buying games when they go on sale for around $10USD.

By not forcing people to buy their consoles and instead looking at other ways to get people into their echo system Xbox is able to get money from people through software and services sales. So maybe Sony would sell a few less consoles but not 30 million less and even then you can still get people to buy into your software and services and with how the world is evolving services will likely be the future of at least just one that you can't ignore.

By the way it was interesting to hear about Sony doing less with Japan for the PS5 and MS wanting to push Xbox more in Japan and also looking to buy some Japanese developers. Both of which do seem true.

As I mentioned already the PS5 not having 1440p output really sucks and in a way it makes sense they are more focused with TVs and what they offer. Steam says that 6+% of Steam users play at 1440p which is about 6 million people isn't it? That's still a lot of people that would like to play at that resolution and 0% of TV are 1440p I think.

I do feel that the disconnect of people is very big. I could go on era and twitter and mention how I think it's a shame that the PS5 will not support 1440p output but will instead support, 720p, 1080i,1080p, and 4k and they will just brush it off as it being a "me" probably and that they don't care since they are okay with it and stuff like that. Funny enough I wonder what s lot of the people but the PS5 will think when they play it and they realize that some of the new features in it (mainly higher fps) are something that they will not be able to take advantage of (since there are very few TVs that even support HDMI 2.1) and when you take all of that into consideration being able to play at a higher frame rate will just cost too much money for a lot of people and that one new feature that these consoles have is something that you will not even be able to use. (Oh and don't forget HDR because people sure do love that and when you are looking at 4K, HDR, with high refresh rate you are looking at well over 1kUSD to maybe even $2k,USD)

By the way are there even that many TVs that are 1080p that have 120p support and that are not that interlooped thing (which just speeds up the image instead of showing it off at isn't native frame rate?). And there are monitors that do that but you will need HDMI 2.1 for that and a vast majority of them are disigned for that feature to be used with DP and not HDMI.

Well that was my dumb rant

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
SSD speeds on the PS5 didn't matter as much as marketing - sorry, media - outlets wanted us to believe. Xbox tied with it on loading times.
Interesting indeed.
Doesn't XSX only have two pci-e gen 4.0 lanes to the NVMe and PS5 has four?

It's an evolution. One extra button called share, supposedly a better dpad once again and some more textured surfaces. I think the shape is supposedly altered a bit too.
Thanks.
Should my current xbox controller die I'll get the new one. But I don't think I'm willing to spend 60€ to exchange them though.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Interesting indeed.
Doesn't XSX only have two pci-e gen 4.0 lanes to the NVMe and PS5 has four?
I have no idea, I haven't really paid much attention to those fine details. I was just reacting to that video on the last page with the loading times :).

Reactions: ISee

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
they may even just buy 2-3 games, never even buy PS+ or PSNow and only use it for Netflix
Literally me, lol. I just needed a Blu-ray player so I decided I might as well just get a PS4 and play those few Japanese exclusives that looked pretty cool. I only really played Persona 5 on it (almost finished). Like, I bought Yakuza 0, but I barely started it when they announced it for PC, so I just bought it there instead. Since then I only watch Netflix and stream anime using UMS on it.

Reactions: PC-tan
Dec 5, 2018
To me at least it devalues their platform because why would I buy a console for just 2-4 games
I mean, If you only buy a couple of game I'm not even sure if you're making them money.

But these discussions come down to people who seem to worry, a little bit too much, about their favorite megacorporation making less money, which is so weird to me.

That is not to say, that there isn't value in that information, but sometimes I wonder if people have shares or they just are obsessed with the business decisions of companies who they believe are their friends.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I mean, If you only buy a couple of game I'm not even sure if you're making them money.

But these discussions come down to people who seem to worry, a little bit too much, about their favorite megacorporation making less money, which is so weird to me.

That is not to say, that there isn't value in that information, but sometimes I wonder if people have shares or they just are obsessed with the business decisions of companies who they believe are their friends.
When folks have no personality of their own, their consumerism takes that place.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm continuing to have a blast with God Eater 3. Well, it is expected because I also really liked 1 and 2, but still :p Fun series!
Depending on what you're looking for. It is "fastfood" Monster Hunter with a much bigger story focus, a lot more anime, much faster and more arcade-y gameplay, somewhat easier, somewhat less grindy, etc.
There's quite some customization in terms of combat but none of the weapons reach the depth of Monster Hunter World weapons, there's no monster ecosystem and the levels are pretty small, etc.
It has Scythes though :02eat:

And the Ash Aragami designs and movesets continue to be pretty cool!

FunnyJay