Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Can I ask you why you are so much "about" Ubisoft? I see you make a lot of threads about Ubisoft on ERA and posts about the company here too a lot. Just curious. Personally, I don't care much about Ubi nowadays, Im planning to get 1 month of Ubi+ after PoP has released next year to play PoP, Avatar, The Crew Motorfest and AC Mirrage in one swoop, unless some releases on Steam first.

Last edited:
  • Toucan
  • Disapproval
Reactions: yuraya and Stevey

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
Can I ask you why you are so much "about" Ubisoft? I see you make a lot of threads about Ubisoft on ERA and posts about the company here too a lot. Just curious. Personally, I don't care much about Ubi nowadays, Im planning to get 1 month of Ubi+ after PoP has released next year to play PoP, Avatar, The Crew Motorfest and AC Mirrage in one swoop, unless some releases on Steam first.
Laughing at Ubisoft's bad decisions is quality entertainment.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Falcom games have a really good OST.

I can't remember if it is true or not but was there an issue regarding some of the members that make up the Falcom sound team?
-------------

By the way is Scarface worth a watch? I might watch it in theaters tomorrow but I am just not sure. It is part of it's 40th anniversary screening.

I am also going to go watch Ghost in the Shell tomorrow in theaters as part of Anime Expo movie nights

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS and MegaApple

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Falcom games have a really good OST.

I can't remember if it is true or not but was there an issue regarding some of the members that make up the Falcom sound team?
-------------

By the way is Scarface worth a watch? I might watch it in theaters tomorrow but I am just not sure. It is part of it's 40th anniversary screening.

I am also going to go watch Ghost in the Shell tomorrow in theaters as part of Anime Expo movie nights
Scarface is absolutely worth a watch. Its overrated in some fan takes that miss the point of the movie, but I think it holds up.

Original animated film Ghost in the Shell? There is a showing near me tomorrow too, but I have no plans to see it. It would be cool to watch at a theater.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Scarface is absolutely worth a watch. Its overrated in some fan takes that miss the point of the movie, but I think it holds up.

Original animated film Ghost in the Shell? There is a showing near me tomorrow too, but I have no plans to see it. It would be cool to watch at a theater.
yeah the original animation. I have the 4K blue ray steelbook for it, but have not watch it yet. So this will be my first time see both of these movies.

Looking at the bookings, only 4 people so far are watching Scarface. I am the only one watching Ghost in the Shell tomorrow.

I also have plans to watch Tokyo Godfathers (I watched a bit of it years ago and just couldn't get into it), Cowboy Bepop movie and Paprika
-------
I'm also planning to go and watch the boy and the Heron still in Imax, luckily I was able to find a place playing it in IMAX only 2 hours away from were I live and I also have a free ticket that I can use to watch it.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
To this day San Andreas is the only GTA I have played for any significant amount of time, didn't finish it.

Also Blizzard needs to bring that Arcade Collection to Steam, I need my Rock n Roll Racing and Lost Vikings plz.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I've been playing for the first time at 144Hz (monitor can be displayed at 240Hz but my GPU doesn't bring more than 144Hz) is absolutely astonishing. No words, for me it's like a gamechanger, like when I played a HDR game for the first time, some years ago.
wow games are very clear and f.e. Forza Horizon 5 compared with Series X (at 120Hz) it removes that annoying blur effect when you rotate the camera around the car.
gotta go fast.
i saw problems with audio in yuzu, in ryujinx some weird crash in cinematics and stuttering.
Last version of Ryujinx works kind of decent (maybe some metallic sound and few sluttering) but there're background sound at least what I've played inside the castle.
If anybody cannot see the game on ryujinx gamelist try nsp version instead of xci.
But well let's give some hours, those are constantly updating.

Last edited:

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
I've been playing for the first time at 144Hz (monitor can be displayed at 240Hz but my GPU doesn't bring more than 144Hz) is absolutely astonishing. No words, for me it's like a gamechanger, like when I played a HDR game for the first time, some years ago.
wow games are very clear and f.e. Forza Horizon 5 compared with Series X (at 120Hz) it removes that annoying blur effect when you rotate the camera around the car.
gotta go fast.

Last version of Ryujinx works kind of decent (maybe some metallic sound and few sluttering) but there're background sound at least what I've played inside the castle.
If anybody cannot see the game on ryujinx gamelist try nsp version instead of xci.
But well let's give some hours, those are constantly updating.
Yeah, it ruined 60 fps for me

Now every console game feels awful, even if it's a locked 60 :(

• This!
Reactions: Censored

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Typical fake site trick. Hint in this case look carefully at the url (hint there are extra "m" and "n"). This and the CSGO voting one seem to still be the most popular hacking methods
Damn, I like to think I spot them, but this totally flew me by.

Reactions: QFNS

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I don't focus that much on Ubisoft. Issue is that they are making a lot of stupid decisions so I post more about them than about other publishers XD

While we are at Ubisoft I finished my Sands of Time Trilogy playthrough on Deck. It was bit frustrating experience due to bad controls (both from game related issues and Deck related issues due to not so great gamepad support). But I still like those games and they are fun experience (even though you really can see some bad gameplay design decisions when you compare it to games released since then XD)

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
gotta go fast.
Yeah me too! I got a rog oled which does 120hz with g sync and its lovely. Such a vibrant picture and silky smooth.

Reactions: Censored

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
My monitors go to 165hz, but I under-clocked them to 144. I didn't honestly expect the jump from 60hz to 144 to be that great, but it actually blew my mind in motion.

Sometimes i do miss gaming on a big 4K TV. But I'm also really really happy at 1440p and 120-144hz. I can't decide if my next display move should be a big curved monitor, or if i should stick with dual monitor in the 27inch range...

Honestly I'd like to get a 43" - 55" TV again with PIP, but OLED is scary for PC... too many static desktop elements. I'm waiting for MicroLED to gain traction but... Seems so far off. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Honestly I'd like to get a 43" - 55" TV again with PIP, but OLED is scary for PC... too many static desktop elements. I'm waiting for MicroLED to gain traction but... Seems so far off. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:
I think modern OLEDs are pretty great in that regard, if you use it for gaming primarily. You could also do a dual monitor setup where you get a second, cheap LCD to use for technical stuff, browsing, etc. and reserve the OLED for videos and games.
Waiting for microLED is nonsense, that stuff is a decade or more out before it hits consumer devices.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im so happy there's no sign of any retailer taking in the OLED yet otherwise I would be in big trouble.

• Sweating
Reactions: undu

FunnyJay