Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Recore is pretty cool. Just trying it out because its on gamepass.
I played through Recore recently and it gets much worse as you keep going. The entire lengthy, final stretch of a dungeon is the absolute worst. I started the game thinking it was fun and a 7 or 8 out of 10. By the end it was like a 3 out of 10.

BoosterDuck

Goon Squad
Sep 20, 2018
I love how Project A looks, a tactical shooter with abilities that compliment your shooting instead of needing team synergy or being easy kills

Project L looks ok but I'll need to see what the Cannon Brothers do because I wasn't really behind Rising Thunder before

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Perfect for Switch (tm)
I wonder how well the game has sold on that platform.

By the way my college counselor told me I am 2 classes away from my Com Sci AA degree!!!!! Also if I want to transfer to a 4 year college I would still need to take like 5-6 classes I think.

Of the 2 classes I am told that one is difficult, which is why I'm going to take it last since I don't want to put myself in a situation where I fail the class.

I may even try to take a game design class and learn some C#.

The future is now.

2 days till Digimon, and Ryza in less than 2 weeks and then Death Stranding about a week later.... My wallet. Hopefully I hear news about a possible job placement soon, or that I start getting a lot more shifts soon. The beginning of November is when it will be very busy at my current job.

Oh and RDR2

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Yeah I'm kind of thinking Disco is my GOTY already!:D
I've played Disco Elysium for 6 hours now and essentially haven't done anything - I only investigated the corpse and explored an adjacent bookstore. Yet those 6 hours include some of the best writing in videogames already.

It's really not possible to put into words just how good the writing is. And how original the system of talking with your own brainparts is as well.

And the way the game indulges in contemporary politics rather than RPG-typical historical ones is highly refreshing.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I've played Disco Elysium for 6 hours now and essentially haven't done anything - I only investigated the corpse and explored an adjacent bookstore. Yet those 6 hours include some of the best writing in videogames already.

It's really not possible to put into words just how good the writing is. And how original the system of talking with your own brainparts is as well.

And the way the game indulges in contemporary politics rather than RPG-typical historical ones is highly refreshing.
Yeah it's so good! Speaking with ones own thoughts is like being ones own worst enemy. It's so incredible, playing a suicidal cop and I can feel his pain, feeling like being that immense screwup.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
I found a mod to remove the Alien from Alien Isolation. I didnt get very far with that thing stalking me (too scary) but I wanted to explore the space station so now i can!

PC gaming is best.
As completely silly as I might find it to remove the alien in Isolation, I'm glad that PC gaming allows for that kind of modding.

Selfishly, I mainly dig it because it means I don't have to deal with complaints about difficulty because hey, with mods you can create whatever kind of difficulty you want! Even no difficulty at all!

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
I want to buy Disco, it seems right on my alley but I'm getting tempted to buy Ryza too.

And I wanted to save for the sales this year...

Reactions: NarohDethan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
that emoji is rather lewd

Good for them, but is that true? Has there been no LGBTQ+ featured sales before on PSN, Xbox, or eShop?

I mean on eShop it makes sense as to why there would be none since it doesn't look like eShop has that many options for the way it's set up, there are publisher sales and stuff like that but there don't seem to be "well organized" sales (I don't use the eShop often but I could be wrong).

For PSN Sony seems to favor big name publishers and stuff revolving around them. There are indie thing like the "all digital sale".

I don't know much at all about Xbox LIVE anymore.

So assuming that Sony support LGBTQ+ stuff (which I would assume that they do since they have taken parts in events) is there a reason why they haven't done something similar?

From what people have said the sale was on National coming out day, Steam having the sale may have a connection to them adding the LGBTQ+ tag on Steam (that did get some attention and also some criticism as well?)

Reactions: lashman

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
When does Outer Worlds come out again? I need to activate my Gamepass sub before then

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Can't we just discuss what we like and dislike about RPGs in its many incarnations? Debating its semantics is reserved for Steam Community forums' territory. :dana_think:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Played a couple minutes of Rebel Inc, it's just as hard as I first started Plague Inc years ago. Game is pretty cool, might purchase it on my phone too.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
"OK, I will finally, finally put all these 550+ steam games into collections. 4 or 5 categories of games I really want to be visible will suffice"

1 hour and 19 categories later

"OK, Plan B, just favorite all the games you are likely to ever want to play, fuck the rest"

15 minutes and 101 games later

"fuck, I forgot about non-steam games I have installed"

:cryingwhyblob:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
If people actually want to litigate this tired topic, lemme tell you, DO I HAVE some brutal and sincerely held opinions on it.
Sure why not

rocket-propelled grenade, of course
I was asking my 10 year old nephew that, expecting him to know what a role playing game is but instead he answered rocket-propelled grenade. I was confused at first because he said it was a type of gun.

The kids of these day and age, playing Roblox on their phones.

By the way does anyone have any questions for the youth of today. Some of them don't even know what Skyrim is. Oh poor poor Todd, but they do know about Minecraft. Like I said Minecraft is the game of a generation (s)/decade.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Please be true.
dayum, RashBandicoot ... i knew you liked Gundam, but i didn't know you liked it THIS much :p haha

"OK, I will finally, finally put all these 550+ steam games into collections. 4 or 5 categories of games I really want to be visible will suffice"

1 hour and 19 categories later

"OK, Plan B, just favorite all the games you are likely to ever want to play, fuck the rest"

15 minutes and 101 games later

"fuck, I forgot about non-steam games I have installed"

:cryingwhyblob:
RIP in pepperoni 💀

The kids of these day and age, playing Roblox on their phones.
kids these days ...

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.