Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
They're still owned by Tencent, and therefore obviously never going to take a stance on issues like HK, but if any of those new games from their anniversary stream interested you, at least Riot is doing this:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
A few asshole/traitor publishers doing sales today, still thirsty for that Steam money.

(+ Dynasty Warriors)

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Is it possible EA is planning to copy Microsoft? Selling games on Steam, but locking subscription services to their own client?
it seems to be working for MS, people are buying their games (they are making money) but a lot of players seem to be doing the subscription thing

Reactions: Ge0force

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
They stole that title, dammit!

I think I remember reading an article or something about the name, or maybe it was an era post about the names being similar.

NEW NVIDIA SHIELD PRO LEAKED
I have been meaning to buy one of these since they first came out, maybe I will finally buy one. I currently use an OG chromecast which is decent.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Say, is the broadcasting feature in Steam for anyone else using the library beta bugged to all hell? Can't watch anything most of the time and sometimes it seems to work but then the stream bugs out and stops.

Reactions: PC-tan

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Is it possible EA is planning to copy Microsoft? Selling games on Steam, but locking subscription services to their own client?
Isn't EA also working on their own streaming service of some kind?

I can see in the future where you don't own anything on Origin anymore. It will all be either subscription or streaming.

And from there they can sell on Steam and other stores.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
They stole that title, dammit!

I think I remember reading an article or something about the name, or maybe it was an era post about the names being similar.
I complained about this earlier, last month I think.
It's just so lazy and frankly offensive. Not a great sign on their writing if they can't even find a truly unique title

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY

I have been meaning to buy one of these since they first came out, maybe I will finally buy one. I currently use an OG chromecast which is decent.
There's also a new Nvidia Shield model listed on Newegg Canada

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So like whats been going on with Darksiders Genesis? The preorder went up, the steam preorder discount ends December 5th and Fanatical/GMG say its also releasing December 5th. But the steam page just lists 2019 and there's been no announcement, PR or trailer confirming the date outright yet? THQ Nordic's handling of this game is really weird so far.

Just got a mail from GMG regarding new releases.

Of course when you click the link it just leads to the general new releases page and no Digimon in sight :disapproval-blob:
It'll be up in around 6-7 hours from now.

Reactions: Ascheroth

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Just got a mail from GMG regarding new releases.

Of course when you click the link it just leads to the general new releases page and no Digimon in sight :disapproval-blob:
25% off or no buy Bandai..... I say this since I got the first game at launch for Vita (I did not buy the PS4 version at launch which sucks since you can not cross save if you have the launch DLC on one file but not on the other). I thought Hackers Memory would have the same issue so I got both the Vita and PS4 versions at launch and guess what? They made the DLC cross buy this time..... also there were no themes for the second game... so I wasted more money only to get less (also I ended up getting God Eater 2 for Vita at launch in NA and because I didn't finish it I kind of would rather have gotten it for Steam because of the pre-order DLC, I have God Eater now because of Humble Bundle but DLC is nice as well).

I think I got less than half way done with Cyber Sleuth on my Vita before dropping the game. I didn't even play much of Hackers memory and payed like $140 USD for those 3 games. I would rather not have to pay another $60USD in order to get them again, and I have to buy them at launch in order to get their DLC because that's how Bandai is.

...can you pirate DLC and use that with your official Steam games? (pre-order exclusive DLC )

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Someone explain The Saboteur stuff for me The Saboteur · AppID: 24880 lashman JaseC

Is this just a glitch in the system to look like there was something going on recently? Apparently, someone was playing it 10 months ago.
all the "changes" in the history there are just automatic stuff steam does

BUT something really interesting is happening with DA2 instead ;)

because this is NOT just automatic stuff steam does ;)

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
all the "changes" in the history there are just automatic stuff steam does

BUT something really interesting is happening with DA2 instead ;)

because this is NOT just automatic stuff steam does ;)
What is the noteworthy thing here? I don't know much about this stuff.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
What is the noteworthy thing here? I don't know much about this stuff.
someone created a new package for DA2 and added all the relevant depots in there (the game itself, languages etc.) ... that is something that specifically has be done by someone who has access to that app (as in: the publisher)

i mean - it could still be nothing ... but, like, why would you even touch an 8 year old game that hasn't even been available on steam since release?

Reactions: Alexandros

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Oh no, Observer is free on EGS this week and next week it's Layers of Fear. I hope it doesn't mean Bloober Teams next game is EGS exclusive for 1 year. I really like their games (Observer, Layers of Fear, Blair Waitch).

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
someone created a new package for DA2 and added all the relevant depots in there (the game itself, languages etc.) ... that is something that specifically has be done by someone who has access to that app (as in: the publisher)

i mean - it could still be nothing ... but, like, why would you even touch an 8 year old game that hasn't even been available on steam since release?
Thanks! To be honest I would like EA to come back to Steam for some of their legacy titles like The Saboteur, Wing Commander and Ultima. I have zero interest in their recent titles. Plus I imagine that Tim Sweeney would be really upset by such a development so that's more than enough reason to want it to happen.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks! To be honest I would like EA to come back to Steam for some of their legacy titles like The Saboteur, Wing Commander and Ultima. I have zero interest in their recent titles. Plus I imagine that Tim Sweeney would be really upset by such a development so that's more than enough reason to want it to happen.
yeah, if it happens - it'll DEFINITELY be their older stuff (and maybe stuff like The Sims 4 ... or ea originals - since no one bought any of those games on PC, lol)

which is absolutely fine with me - i don't give a single fuck about any of their multiplayer gaas bullshit anyway - they can keep those :p

Status
Not open for further replies.