Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The kids of these day and age, playing Roblox on their phones.
Not a bad thing tbh. I played roblox religiously in 2007 and a large chunk of the friends I met from there pursued a career in game development (its building tools are so accessible and powerful that even 10 year olds can make really fun games with it,)

Some of them went on to work at AAA studios or self-founded indie studios and 2 of them actually work at Roblox now. So crazy to think about and I’m really proud of them all. I hope it can continue to help kids get into game development because it sure as hell helped us.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
"OK, I will finally, finally put all these 550+ steam games into collections. 4 or 5 categories of games I really want to be visible will suffice"

1 hour and 19 categories later

"OK, Plan B, just favorite all the games you are likely to ever want to play, fuck the rest"

15 minutes and 101 games later

"fuck, I forgot about non-steam games I have installed"

:cryingwhyblob:
I already organized majoriry og my 2000+ games on steam AND assigned covers for them.

Reactions: inky

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I disorganized my Steam categories to go vanilla for the new update (and mostly because my sorting bored me). Now I can't be arsed to redo it. I'm smart like that, sometimes :cuteblob:

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Has anyone tried the new "video game Letterboxd" options yet? I see GG looks pretty much like a perfect ripoff: https://ggapp.io/

Not sure if it's worth inputting my collection into this site yet.

edit: nevermind, it doesn't even include review yet, so I'm not sure what the point of that site is.

edit 2: oh reviews are being added soon. man I just want a pretty site to track my games on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'm still using Backloggery for collection tracking. (There is a link on my Steam profile.)

It's basic as heck, but I kinda like the no frills. I also like being able to theme and cuztomize my page. There are community features too but I turned most of mine off. They finally have a Patreon too, so the site remake is progressing more than it used to. Backloggery is creating a backlog tracking website for video games | Patreon

Sometimes it's a struggle to keep it updated though cuz I tend to binge buy, rather than one thing at a time. ... And like during a Steam sale, adding 30+ games manually can be a chore.

Reactions: Samson

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I disorganized my Steam categories to go vanilla for the new update (and mostly because my sorting bored me). Now I can't be arsed to redo it. I'm smart like that, sometimes :cuteblob:
Awww but organizing is fun, like doing a jigsaw puzzle with medium or large sized pieces
Have some music in the background and organize by genre!
Does it have rpg elements? Into rpg categ. You go!
Is there combat in the game? Action!
Is there an equal amount combat and exploration? Adventure!

Reactions: Pommes and Li Kao

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Our pal Nathan Grayson decided that this wasn't worth reporting on, which I found pretty weird since he was pretty critical of Valve's late (according to him) addition of the LGBT tag.

Kotaku reached out to Valve for more information about why it only chose to add the tag now, and not at some other previous point, but did not hear back as of this publishing.
Very weird indeed.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
"Kotaku reached out to Valve for more information about why it only chose to add the tag now, and not at some other previous point, but did not hear back as of this publishing."

What even is this question. It's pathetic.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
"Kotaku reached out to Valve for more information about why it only chose to add the tag now, and not at some other previous point, but did not hear back as of this publishing."

What even is this question. It's pathetic.
"Furthermore, we also asked GabeN about rumours that this is merely a tactic to create free PR, as this measure doesn't cost anything and doesn't address the hardships faced by queer gamers. Is it appropriate to use the LBGTQ+ cause as a cheap PR measure, is Valve ready to pay restitutions for the damage done by Steams toxic community on the LBGTQ+ community, and is GabeN secretly a homophobe? As of now, we haven't gotten an answer by Valve on any of these wholly appropriate questions, but while being totally neutral and objective in all things, we still feel that the absence of an answer, is very much an answer itself.
Next Up: Why Epic is great, and Hong-Kong and Taiwan really are just provinces of Greater China (sponsored by Tencent) "

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
"Furthermore, we also asked GabeN about rumours that this is merely a tactic to create free PR, as this measure doesn't cost anything and doesn't address the hardships faced by queer gamers. Is it appropriate to use the LBGTQ+ cause as a cheap PR measure, is Valve ready to pay restitutions for the damage done by Steams toxic community on the LBGTQ+ community, and is GabeN secretly a homophobe? As of now, we haven't gotten an answer by Valve on any of these wholly appropriate questions, but while being totally neutral and objective in all things, we still feel that the absence of an answer, is very much an answer itself.
Next Up: Why Epic is great, and Hong-Kong and Taiwan really are just provinces of Greater China (sponsored by Tencent) "
I laughed so much, thank you for this!

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Bravo sir. My sides are in orbit, dying over here. :ROFLMAO:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Our pal Nathan Grayson decided that this wasn't worth reporting on, which I found pretty weird since he was pretty critical of Valve's late (according to him) addition of the LGBT tag.

Very weird indeed.
In regards to that article I don't think we will see that logo.

By the way I am almost done with DQIV, I just have to
beat the true final boss
and then I will be finished with that game. I am not going to 100% the game because I would get bored.

I asked on r/DragonQuest about what I should do to make it easier and hopefully something doable gets mentioned this way I can move on and finish Code Vein before Death Stranding comes out next month. I'm about halfway done with Code Vein

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
X-Wing fan Unity remake XWVM (they call it a mod and it will feed off the original game data files to work) is progressing nicely.

Rogue Squadron 3D fan Unreal Engine 4 remake (it looked super faithful if you compared to the N64/PC game and so well done dammit) got a cease & desist.

Last edited:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I suggest tweeting that tweet @ Kotaku and/or Grayson. Might be futile but why not.

And got 20% OFF Autonauts coupon. That's how you coupon correctly, not hours after release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
So what does it mean? Dragon Age II was the main reason for for EA leaving steam and now they're updating it out of the blue because? Valve managed to get Microsoft and Betheseda back, they already have bungie, getting EA to come back home would be crazy.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Is it true that the steamdb page was updated for Dragon Age II? like recently?
Yeah, this package was created two days ago by someone.

So what does it mean? Dragon Age II was the main reason for for EA leaving steam and now they're updating it out of the blue because? Valve managed to get Microsoft and Betheseda back, they already have bungie, getting EA to come back home would be crazy.
It can mean that EA is coming back to Steam or it can mean nothing. If they had updated any other game of theirs then I'd be much more inclined to expect a return, but so far DA2 is an isolated case.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Probably nothing in the short term, at best they will probably release some oldies but this means actually nothing, just that someone at EA updated MANUALLY the depot.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I wonder if Gamepass murdered Origin Access and EA decided to get back to the old model? In any case, if Steam gets EA back, even in the form of oldies, it'll be good, especially if we'll be able to activate all of our Origin stuff on Steam.

Reactions: yuraya

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I wonder if Gamepass murdered Origin Access and EA decided to get back to the old model? In any case, if Steam gets EA back, even in the form of oldies, it'll be good, especially if we'll be able to activate all of our Origin stuff on Steam.
I dont see EA puling a gog connect and allowing the titles to freely activate in otjer ecosystem. That would imply theyre giving up on Origin completely. I highly doubt that.
You'll double dip on PapaEA's oldies and you'll like it.

Last edited:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Yeah, this package was created two days ago by someone.

It can mean that EA is coming back to Steam or it can mean nothing. If they had updated any other game of theirs then I'd be much more inclined to expect a return, but so far DA2 is an isolated case.
It's possible that other games were added under codenames and someone messed up with Dragon Age 2 and gave the real name and logo.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
It's possible that other games were added under codenames and someone messed up with Dragon Age 2 and gave the real name and logo.
I mean, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities. Since Dragon Age 2 already exists on Steam there's a chance that they added the package which they will be selling from now on instead of making a whole new entry for the new version, while the rest of the other games which never were added still don't have their names available for the public.

I'm going to say that if Saboteur get the same kind of activity, since it's already sold on GOG and exists within SteamDB, then I'd be much more inclined to believe that something is really happening.

Reactions: lashman

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
It could also be a one and done. I mean, they released a DRM free complete version of DA Origins on GOG out of the blue. Like Blizz did with Diablo 1, etc.

EA is so fucking weird. Such a big catalog they could be harnessing...

In the end, it's probably nothing. Who wants to replay DA2 anyway... I have it hidden inn Origin to forget it ever existed already.

Deleted member 113

That is from the publisher of Iconoclasts, Minoria, CrossCode, Asura's, Wrath, etc. It could be interesting.
I was joking about the similarities, but yeah, DANGEN is an awesome indie publisher, with some great games already available, and more to come.
They are a bit like Playism: they translate Japanese games for worldwide release, and on the flip side they release a few Western games over there as well.

Among their games, they published one of my favourite recent shmups:

The company is led by Ben Judd, who was behind the translation of the first Phoenix Wright game (and is the English voice of the character), among other works for Capcom, and that you may remember from the Bloodstained and Mighty No. 9 kickstarter campaigns (he helped prepare the campaigns, videos, streams, ...).

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Hey EA...put Jedi: Fallen Order on Steam you cowards.

Its a singleplayer zelda/souls like anyways. Its not some GaaS Battlefront style game.

And put it on EGS too since its an UE game. No one who cares about games like this gives a shit about Origin. The game should be on as many storefronts as possible ffs.

Deleted member 113

Has there been any news about a Steam launch of the latest Samurai Shodown game?

Status
Not open for further replies.