Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Did they ever reveal when the new library will be fully released?
probably gonna take a whiiiiiiiile ... and i'm fine with that :) with all those updates they keep rolling out ... and all the stuff left to add from Mor's list ;)

Oooo maybe Dead Space 3? I have 1&2 on Steam, be nice to finish off that series. Never played 3.
this one's pretty much a given :)

If they do that, they better give Steam keys for that Humble Bundle.
i don't think that's gonna happen, lol

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
As much as EA coming back to Steam is a neat thing, if it's still going to require Origin alongside it (like UPlay and R* Launcher) then I don't see muhc point tbh =/

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
if it's still going to require Origin alongside it (like UPlay and R* Launcher)
it almost definitely will ... especially for the slightly newer games (stuff like DA2 or The Saboteur might be spared :p)

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
You know, there's a part of me that's kind of slightly more interested in EA's press release and the wording than the actual games. Small part, but part all the same. It was a pretty big deal when they left so to come back now, I'm very curious to see how they spin it.

Who knows, maybe there's something bigger in the works. Maybe they have some kind of VR partnership in there.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
we all knew it was going to happen ... eventually :p

i'm just glad volvo finally did something and started actually talking to publishers (because i REFUSE to believe MS, bethesda, and now EA coming back in the span of like 4 months is a coincidence)

now let's hope you're also right about all the other stuff coming back to steam! ;)

[Hidden content]
Honestly, it's probably a coincidence. MS turn around just feels like the natural progression from their last year and a half, Bethesda failed miserably with Fallout 76 which was supposed to be THE game that would make people adopt their launcher. As for EA, if it's indeed just smaller/older titles, it just seems like a very logical thing to do as they focus more and more on their subscription service. There's probably almost no one making direct purchases on Origin anymore so it just makes sense to put their back catalogue where people will actually want to buy them individually :)

Now if EA actually brings, say, Battlefield and others along, i'll believe that Valve was heavily involved.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This Orthodoxy Souls looks freaking rad. No platforms announced beyond saying originally that their studio is making games "for PC and console" but 🤞

Awaken as a fallen priest in an unforgiving land ruled by Slavic deities and their worshippers, let nothing stand in the way of your holy quest to restore the old glory of the Orthodoxy.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
This Orthodoxy Souls looks freaking rad. No platforms announced beyond saying originally that their studio is making games "for PC and console" but 🤞
I think I talked with one of the developers and don't know why I recall PC and specifically a demo on Itch.io, I can be wrong, tho.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Woo boy, for all its comedy, The Outer Worlds turns dark something fierce sometimes :face-with-cold-sweat:

Last edited:
Reactions: Spamlynguist

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Just completed Ori and the blind Forest!

Tried to get into it on a few occasions only to drop it but this time I stuck with it and am glad I did.

Its a good game, very beautiful. My reactions aren't as good as they used to be so some of it was pretty frustrating for me, just one too many buttons to press at times but overall i enjoyed it.

Destroying my backlog. Thanks Epic!

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
The Carrion sneak peek demo easily sold me on the game, nasty, gross and tentacle-y, lovely red pixels, controls take time to get used but crawling through vents and munching on puny humans is pure fun. Question is for how long, depends on level design (has Metroidvania elements) and if they can add new stuff later on, I feel it might be hard to implement dangerous but fair enemies because the controls aren't very precise so the AI needs to be a tad dumb.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Seems the Steam rare achievement bug is getting worse, more games, I now have different games as most rare in the showcase. Seems alot of people have the same problem.
i thought something was weird when my rare showcase was all goat simulator ( :p ) and a couple Fallout 4 achievements and now they seems to be random games

Reactions: Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Not long until Hades is on Steam! Played it a small bit before refunding it during that Epic mega sale promo. It's fantastic.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
how to convert to a Stadia shill:

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I think I might have to put Disco Elysium on hold because I'm enjoying Outer Worlds soo much. What a month for RPGs.

I would have liked Outer Worlds more on Steam, fuck epic.
I'm holding on to my free month of game pass I got from Alienware until after I beat Disco Elysium then I plan on jumping into the Outer Worlds.

Reactions: arts&crafts

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I think I might have to put Disco Elysium on hold because I'm enjoying Outer Worlds soo much. What a month for RPGs.

I would have liked Outer Worlds more on Steam, fuck epic.
but we can play for free on Game Pass so I wouldnt have bought for $60 on Steam anyways
but i agree, fuck epic

How do I make my text blurry? I like it better than the "spoiler" click.

Reactions: lashman

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
God bless Honjou Raita

now all I need is that Raikou figure to be purchasable and on my rig and my life is complete

Reactions: MJunioR

FunnyJay