Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Since my classes are nine hours every weekday, not sure how the hell I'm supposed to have time to play games! I guess it's "welcome to grownup problems" haha. Not a very good month to get both Apple Arcade and EA play.
I don't think I played a single game from sophomore to senior year in school.

Full time student + 30hr work week. Forget playing games...I had like a 3 year stretch where I could barely sleep.

Good thing is when you do get away from the busy life you are gonna have a backlog to catch up on :p

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Since my classes are nine hours every weekday, not sure how the hell I'm supposed to have time to play games! I guess it's "welcome to grownup problems" haha. Not a very good month to get both Apple Arcade and EA play.
Shakes cane at young'uns back in my day we played WoW all night and never socialized and we liked it! You kids don't know how good you have it.

For real though, don't worry about it. You will find some time to relax with friends (whenever that is allowed in your area again) and you'll end up playing some games in there too. Gotta remember to not let school or work or even games become 100% of your life. Balance in all things is best, I find.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Well, I work 8 hours every weekday and have classes from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every third weekend, so enjoy managing free time with that schedule :p

• Eyes
Reactions: QFNS and Le Pertti

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
What are your classes about again ? What's the end goal ?

You may be my new role model :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Eferis

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Legit or scam or nothing? Questionable choice of games to name drop but still. The rest look good..?
Impossible for just ~450 (4320x2160, face/eye tracking, finger/pressure tracking) + a ~50 wireless kit.

Oh, and an extra sensor to dictate your orientation decoupled from the HMD/controller! Too much!

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Legit or scam or nothing? Questionable choice of games to name drop but still. The rest look good..?
Impossible for just ~450 (face/eye tracking, good res, finger/pressure tracking) + the ~50 wireless kit.
Not to laugh at your post but the thumbail. Dear lord.... .

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I have one of these -- not sure what you mean by google shenanigans, but it runs stock android, so there's little bullshit with stupid tacked on apps and so on. I also use a Samsung tablet, and its UI is a slow, ugly nightmare IMO. Stock android forever.
Thx.

I mean extra ways to get additional user data.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
It's all bog standard google services, like any other android phone. I'm not aware of anything they add on Pixels or force you to use -- you can turn off the location or assistant or anything else easily enough.

Reactions: ISee

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Thx.

I've had two pixel phones given to me as hand me downs from family and they've been fine, it has less mandatory shit then other android phones from other carriers because it's straight from google. As far as stealing your information if you're using google apps they're doing that already so a phone won't matter much. Pixel stuff gets to the head of the line though for updates though so that's a plus

Reactions: ISee

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I dig Fenyx Rising. Not too sure about combat, but the freedom of movement is always welcome, like in Genshin Impact.

The story is very strange though, between drama and an ironic narrator in the form of Zeus there's a bit of tonal whiplash... we'll see I guess.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
You can play during classes. That's what all devs do, there's no other explanation why almost all software now is bug infested trash.

• Toucan
Reactions: Le Pertti

Deleted member 113

I see the outer worlds is releasing on steam in 18 hours, will they do a sale like others ex-EGS games?
I'm hoping the game will be 50% off, like the other Private Division game Ancestors was.

Users from Europe interested in the game may want to keep an eye on WinGameStore.
Since the store is in USD, and the game applies the usual $1=1€, it ends up being cheaper buying in USD.
When Ancestors launched, they had the game for $19.99, compared to Steam's 19,99€, and they had Steam keys.

They have a sale going on for Private Division titles at the moment, and I noticed they already added "(Epic)" to their listing of The Outer Worlds, so they should be preparing to add Steam keys (as a different listing) soon-ish:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Stadia stream quality has gotten much worse for me. When I had Stadia Pro (free trial) some months ago I was able to play Gylt, Get Packed and some others for free (Stadia Pro), the image quaity was great and the input lag was suprisingly low.

I tried Pac-Man, Humankind and Fenyx Rising demos today and yesterday and the input lag is so fucking high it's barely playable and the image quality is really blurry.

The fuck happened.

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
Stadia stream quality has gotten much worse for me. When I had Stadia Pro (free trial) some months ago I was able to play Gylt, Get Packed and some others for free (Stadia Pro), the image quaity was great and the input lag was suprisingly low.

I tried Pac-Man, Humankind and Fenyx Rising demos today and yesterday and the input lag is so fucking high it's barely playable and the image quality is really blurry.

The fuck happened.
Google are just a small indie company trying to get by, please understand.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I'm hoping the game will be 50% off, like the other Private Division game Ancestors was.

Users from Europe interested in the game may want to keep an eye on WinGameStore.
Since the store is in USD, and the game applies the usual $1=1€, it ends up being cheaper buying in USD.
When Ancestors launched, they had the game for $19.99, compared to Steam's 19,99€, and they had Steam keys.

They have a sale going on for Private Division titles at the moment, and I noticed they already added "(Epic)" to their listing of The Outer Worlds, so they should be preparing to add Steam keys (as a different listing) soon-ish:

thank you

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
(from 2013. I wonder how far it came ;) )
Man, I miss TotalBiscuit so much. I haven't found a YouTuber who can put out as much good quality content as he did on such a consistent basis.
Giantbomb's QuickLooks are the closest thing in terms of concept, but they're a lot more console focused (no settings menu and FOV sliders) and the quality varies depending on the personality at the helm and whether the game clicks with them or not (and whether I like said personality, I guess). Not that TB was perfect, but I always appreciated his opinion and that he looked at so many smaller, indie games.

Deleted member 113

Going OT for a bit, but I just noticed the Google Music Store closed.

Since Amazon doesn't sell digital music downloads to my country, does anyone know of a good European music store for digital downloads (not streaming, a store that sells actual music downloads)?
I'm looking to buy the new Gorillaz album.

The only store that I'm aware of at the moment is 7digital, but since I had a few problems with them in the past (files skipping, downloads being made unavailable shortly after buying them, ...), I'm looking for alternatives. :)

thanks

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Going OT for a bit, but I just noticed the Google Music Store closed.

Since Amazon doesn't sell digital music downloads to my country, does anyone know of a good European music store for digital downloads (not streaming, a store that sells actual music downloads)?
I'm looking to buy the new Gorillaz album.

The only store that I'm aware of at the moment is 7digital, but since I had a few problems with them in the past (files skipping, downloads being made unavailable shortly after buying them, ...), I'm looking for alternatives. :)

thanks
HDtracks | You can hear the difference. Listen on the go in master studio quality.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Here in Brazil, the Outer Worlds price on EGS more than doubled after the 1 year exclusivity expired, some funny shit:

they will probably sell on Steam at the same price they are selling on EGS now.
Lmao. So they doubled the price so that the 50% discount is the same as the original price.

That's almost like the standard procedures for a lot of publishers these days. And they know that the game will increase in value when it hits Steam.

Screw them.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Holy shit what. A sequel to Kowloon's Gate? I have never played the game but it is considered a cult classic. Being a Hong Konger I will definitely play this one.

Reactions: Li Kao

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Man, I miss TotalBiscuit so much. I haven't found a YouTuber who can put out as much good quality content as he did on such a consistent basis.
Giantbomb's QuickLooks are the closest thing in terms of concept, but they're a lot more console focused (no settings menu and FOV sliders) and the quality varies depending on the personality at the helm and whether the game clicks with them or not (and whether I like said personality, I guess). Not that TB was perfect, but I always appreciated his opinion and that he looked at so many smaller, indie games.
Me too! Jim Sterling is pretty good when it comes to cosumer advocacy, but his game coverage is non-existent these days, and even then much more basic than TBs videos were. His WTF is... videos were just great, and I just liked his style and voice / delivery.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
In total, I have declined 27 curator connect offers, as I have a curator group but I don't review games. The latest offer was Scourgebringer.

Link to the group ? 9 from Canard PC means something.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Definitely. TotalBiscuit was a very big loss, I really miss him. In terms of technical analysis of PC games from the YouTubers I know, I think that Alex Battaglia of Digital Foundry (our very own Dictator ) is truly excellent and channels like Hardware Unboxed often do PC game analyses with recommended settings for big games. TB was unique in that he did gameplay reviews but as a PC gamer himself he also knew what options good PC versions should include. I don't know of anyone who does that quite that kind of presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.