Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Belmont

Feb 7, 2019
Ubi, Epic kinda just gives you an Uplay key, like if you buy an Ubi game on Epic everything is done through Uplay from what I've read.

I personally plan on playing through future Ubisoft games via UPlay+ then buy them cheap on sale down the road, maybe they are on Steam by then.
Yeah that's what I thought, so I'm gonna buy them directly from Uplay, I hope they can release those games on Steam in the mean time I will play Scott Pilgrim and Immortals.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
So what is people GOTY thus far? Need to know if there is any game I can't miss!:D
Overall GOTY: Doom Eternal
Honorable mentions: Fall Guys, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Hades
Good games: Monster Train, Streets of Rage 4, Carrion, Wasteland 3, Persona 4 Golden (played it for the first time in 2020), Persona 5 Royal, Risk of Rain 2, Gears Tactics
I would have loved to play The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Nioh 2, but my PS4 died in a lightning storm a few months ago and Sony told me it would be $150 to repair it so I've just been patiently waiting for the PS5.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
So what is people GOTY thus far? Need to know if there is any game I can't miss!:D
For me, it's still Doom Eternal. Of course, that can change by the end of the year, depending on how Sakuna of the Rice turns out.

If I hadn't played the Wonderful 101 back in 2013, the current PC port would've no doubt been my GOTY this year.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Most of the games ive been playing are ports of older titles or old games so my selection is limited but Hades, Deep Rock Galactic, (Both left EA this year), TLOU2 (even though I hated the ending), Tell me Why or Spelunky 2 for me

Reactions: Le Pertti

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
My GOTY so far is between Will of the Wisps, P4G and Spelunky 2.

I think Spelunky 2 would take it if I had to vote now.

I still need to play Doom Eternal and Alyx tho.

and ofc for sure playing Cyberpunk next month.

Haven't played any console games except a little bit of Warzone earlier this year so all the Sony stuff I will get to next year or whenever I wind up picking up the PS5.

Despite 2020 being the shittiest of years...you have to admit games have been incredible. So many good games came out wtf.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Urgh, I was going to say that it's too early to say but it's November already. I'm feeling so disconnected since I didn't play most of the GOTY contenders that will be competing up on big shows.

TLoU2 and Ghost of Tsushima are PS exclusives, and I didn't feel booting my PS4 for them. FF7R got my interest, but I'm waiting for the PC port. Alyx is a Half-Life game, and a VR game, so it's not for me, at least not right now, Animal Crossing might be a Christmas game, so there's that. Didn't play Eternal since I didn't enjoy 2016's DOOM. Probably missing a game or two, but that's it.

So, the best game I played that released this year, excluding late PC ports, is Nexomon: Extinction. If we count late PC ports though, then my GOTY goes to Death Stranding. Still, there's still two months left and November is looking very good. Filmmaker Tycoon EA (please be good), XIII, Yakuza LaD and Cyberpunk hopefully will live up to my expectations.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at some puzzle games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Love

A diorama of an apartment block you need to play with small puzzles to reflect on the everyday life that leads to love and empathy.

Through interactions in both the past and present, get to know the people that live in your apartment building and the moments that define their lives -- and then change them.

• EXPLORE the tenement building and meet the inhabitants that reside within
  • LEARN the stories of the past that continue to impact your neighbors in the present
  • ROTATE apartments to move them back and forth through time to solve puzzles
  • MAKE changes that help your friends resolve their pasts and live their best lives
LOVE is an experiment in storytelling that combines the rich experience of a diorama with puzzles inspired by point-and-click adventures. LOVE creates opportunities for empathy and reflection, as well as moments of classic head-scratching puzzle goodness.
Fe

Travel around a nordic inspired forest to discover what happened to the forest and save it.

Fe is a new type of platform adventure where the story is up to you to discover, without handholding, told wordlessly through the discoveries you make during gameplay.
  • Discover a world worth exploring. Run, climb and glide your way through a dark Nordic forest and explore its living, breathing ecosystem filled with secrets and mystical creatures.
  • Speak the language of the forest. At the heart of the experience is a tactile, analogue song mechanic that allows you to communicate and speak to every living thing in the forest.
  • Defeat the Silent Ones. Learn a diverse array of animal cries that allow you to befriend or manipulate any creature - even plants. Have birds guide you, bears fight for you and have plants grow berries that help you overcome the Silent Ones.
Become Fe and discover a world that you will never want to leave.

Rinlo

VR 3rd person puzzle game similar to Moss. Move through the teampunk world and help her find the truth behind his life.

Rinlo is an immersive third person puzzle adventure game designed for VR. Follow Agatha, a young girl unexpectedly cast away from her hometown as a child, in her epic quest. Guide her through dioramas of this steam-powered city, and unlock the truth hiding behind its familiar, winding streets.

Conquer complex puzzles
Grab, shift, twist and unlock tactile puzzles with full VR first person object manipulation in order to progress Agatha and yourself in your quest.
Adventure through stunning scenery
Explore enveloping environments from a third person perspective, and gaze upon wildly fantastic forests, stunning sea shores and vast castle ruins.
Discover the truth
Immerse yourself in Agatha’s story as you explore a steam-powered city left to ruin. Feel every twist and turn along with her as you uncover the mysterious truth of what really happened all those years ago.

Ever Forward

Follow maya in a world mixzed between reality and her imagination, trying to recover her memories by completing simpel puzzles.

Ever Forward is an adventure puzzle game — it is the story of Maya. Maya is lost in a strange world somewhere between reality and imagination. She is alone to confront her despair on her journey of discovery, where she must unlock her memories and confront her fears to unravel the secrets of the world. Players will need to use their observational skills and intelligence to solve multiple puzzles to piece together the mystery of Maya's past and what dark secrets she has buried.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I think my only 2020 game was Hades. One of the most fun experiences I've had in a long time. My favorite game of the year by default, but it'd be a contender any given year that Disco Elysium didn't come out in, really.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
What are the chances of seeing Half-Life: Alyx on sale during the Halloween sale?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Nioh 1 was released february and announced for PC in October
Nioh 2 was released in march...
Don't expect it to be announced this year, unfortunately due the pandemic the DLCs got delayed on PS4 and Nioh 2 won't be coming to PC until all the content has released on PS4, same deal as the first one I'm afraid to say.

It sucks, I know, but patience I guess :crying-face:

What are the chances of seeing Half-Life: Alyx on sale during the Halloween sale?
Low but you never know, commentary is going to be released soon(-ish?) so I think that will be the moment when it gets it's first sale discount.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
So far:
1. Half-Life: Alyx
2. Last of Us 2
3. Hades
4 Doom Eternal

I'm 99% sure Cyberpunk will beat them all.
Also I love open world games so Assassins creed could go to number 2 and Watch Dogs at 3.

Low but you never know, commentary is going to be released soon(-ish?) so I think that will be the moment when it gets it's first sale discount.
Be still my heart, Commentary modes are my best extras thing in games, even created a thread on this forum for them I believe. They always get me to replay games again (doing it with Metro Exodus at this moment).

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Pertti and Mor

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
It's looking like Spelunky 2 to me so far. Most of what I've played this year has been older games.

P4G is great but it's a rerelease of a game I already played on Vita. Not going to put it on my gotta list.

Reactions: Le Pertti

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Don't expect it to be announced this year, unfortunately due the pandemic the DLCs got delayed on PS4 and Nioh 2 won't be coming to PC until all the content has released on PS4, same deal as the first one I'm afraid to say.

It sucks, I know, but patience I guess :crying-face:
Yeah, the delay sealed the fate of PC port, it will be pushed back to early 2021. We'll be lucky if we get it in December. :pensive-face:

Reactions: Mor

Dekunator

Timmy Tencent owes me money
Apr 17, 2019
I like using Gematsu for news updates, but the mods can be so annoying when you mention anything pro-PC in the comments section.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
You should all buy Deep Rock on Steam. It's a game that can be played forever, yes you can play solo.
I'm always hesitant to buy co-op games that support solo play because solo mode is often not that interesting. Is that not the case for Deep Rock Galactic?

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Uff, and that's even without touching the infamous "extra details" slider.

I think they even overdid some of the water puddle reflections. Looks like quicksilver and not water.

Reactions: PhaZZe and lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
My GOTY so far is Spelunky 2. That one game which would have the biggest potential to become my GOTY if it had been released on PC is:

I don't know whether I will purchase Cyberpunk to play it on Geforce Now. If the reviews mention an excellent game, I may get it, and then even pay for Geforce Now to have RTX on. However, even if the stars aligned, I doubt the game would become my GOTY as it is a FPS and I usually don't like this genre.

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Prodeus is my game of the year and it isn't even out yet. And when it does come out, it's not even going to count, since it's EA.

Reactions: lashman and Stevey

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
If I hadn't played the Wonderful 101 back in 2013, the current PC port would've no doubt been my GOTY this year.
Somehow miss this posted when I was catching up on the thread in the morning.

I love Wonderful 101. It is one of the best action games ever made. Still haven't got the PC release but it is on my to-purchase list.
Uff, and that's even without touching the infamous "extra details" slider.

I think they even overdid some of the water puddle reflections. Looks like quicksilver and not water.

Nvidia will probably release a new driver for it. So I will wait for benchmark post-release.

On the other hand, I also find that the game is not particularly good looking. Somehow the lighting looks off. I still crave the overall premise and gameplay though. Very interested to see how far the randomly-generated NPCs can be incorporated into the main story and progress structure.

Reactions: Valdien and ISee

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Yes. This sounds awesome.

NPC's relationships affects their reaction to Dedsec. Members KIA means lost in connections and killing off an possible recruitment.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I'm always hesitant to buy co-op games that support solo play because solo mode is often not that interesting. Is that not the case for Deep Rock Galactic?
It loses some of its strong points, the cooperation between the crew is essential in the highest difficulties. That feeling of getting things done after a shitstorm of beasts and hazards is so good.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Incredible, even CDKeys now ask for a verification code when your last login was some time ago. Security, I know, but the Internet is becoming more cumbersome by the day.

Reactions: lashman and PC-tan

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at action shooters this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Super Circuit Breaker

F2P game similar to SZXmash-TV for up to 6 players where you just need to go around destroying robots.

The Circuit Breakers return! Experience the award winning twin stick shooter with new graphics, new characters, new enemies, and new gamemodes! In this classic arcade-styled game, up to 6 players can play together locally or online through Steam's Remote Play Together feature. SUPER CIRCUIT BREAKERS is fun for everyone and features both competitive and cooperative styles of play.

You're only a mouse click away from:
  • Blasting thousands of enemies in ARCADE mode
  • 4 Free Characters plus a free selection every week
  • Steam Workshop character skins
  • Like, one of 10 games on Steam that supports 6 players
  • Fully supported Controller, Mouse, or Mouse + Keyboard controls
  • A jammin' soundtrack
  • Free updates with extra content
  • A perfectly mesmerizing Attract Mode (just let the game sit on the title screen)
Jet Lancer

Similar to Luftrausers but with a better story. High speed aerial combat with twitch tight controls and great graphics.

Jet Lancer is a high-velocity aerial combat shooter where you duel enemy aviators, hunt giant robots, and defy death at supersonic speeds.

You are Ash Leguinn: badass pilot, highly paid mercenary, and flight-school drop out. Your day job is fine - the daily grind of dealing with Sky Pirates pays the bills - but nothing compares to the rush of demolishing a ninety-ton mechanical monstrosity at the speed of sound. And you’ll have your chance. As mechanized weapons converge on Root City, you’ll have to be at the top of your game to survive, and you’ll have to surpass your limits if you want to save the world.

DreadStar: The Quest for Revenge

Shot them up that includes rpg elements to enhace the replayability.

A retro mix of a shoot 'em up gameplay with RPG elements, DreadStar: The Quest for Revenge is inspired by the likes of Tyrian, Raiden and Donpachi. Fast-paced with a primary focus on gunplay rather than bullet hell, DreadStar gives you incremental ways of not only pushing through content, but also improving your ship and its loadout (such as experience, leveling and skill points).
If you’re struggling with a sector, you can warp over to Redbeard’s Burrow to spend credits, upgrade your ship and return to where you failed. From Gauss Cannons to Lazer Beams, Hadron Exploders to weapon cooling - ship improvements are key to not only choosing your playstyle but progressing through harder difficulties.
With its 4:3 display and CRT mode, to its multiple difficulty settings that offer replayability across its 6 sectors, DreadStar provides an authentic retro experience.

Wings of Bluestar

Shoot them up with a anime-VN story. Two different character that offer different gameplay style.

Protect space against the last wave of an enemy that used to be mankind's ally: a mysterious intelligent artificial life form. Take control of enhanced trainee pilot Aya, or the mysterious veteran pilot Zarak and fight your way through waves of enemies in order to save mankind and to learn more about yourself and also about your enemy.
Wings Of Bluestar is a horizontal hand painted and frame by frame animated HD game, no photobashing, 3D nor pre-rendered assets are used. Every asset is hand crafted and detailed by the same artist, which gives the game its visual integrity.
Wings Of Bluestar is a shoot'em up game that takes the solid gameplay of horizontal arcade shmups and modernizes it for modern PC and consoles use. The game achieves this by adding a lot of features like HD graphics, trophies, a deep story mode that, under certain circumstances, offers dialog choices and therefore multiple endings, gamepads, keyboard and arcade stick support, a shop to unlock artworks, extra credits, sound test, extra game modes and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.