Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Wow just wow. If you have a chance watch Gendys Primal episode 8. It's best if you do watch episode 1 though because it uses some stuff from that to really get you in tears.

If that episode doesn't win an award or something.... Well screw those award people.

Lesser is more and there is just so much that you can do in animation.

Oh and for Episode 8, Gendys was involved with the storyboard.

Once this series hits Blu-ray I am going to buy it!!!

Everyone needs more art in their lives.

• Eyes
Reactions: ISee

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at some strategy games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Zelter

Stardew Valley with Zombie survival. Create your own safe heaven to survive the zombie apocalypse and loot arouund the cities to get what you need.

Here we are: the Zombie Apocalypse has happened. You have been saved by a mysterious group of people and they helped teach you how to survive in this new reality. Though it was tough, they taught you how to fight, craft necessary items, and survive out in the wild.
But you should NEVER underestimate a zombie horde. They broke into your home, and though you fought tirelessly, it was hopeless from the start. Now, you are alone once again.
But at least you are alive, and with all the knowledge that you have, you can start anew once again. Use your skills to craft tools for both survival and defense, get your own farm going, and go out to scavenge and save lives. Zombies will come for you eventually — all you can do is prepare yourself and your home, so be sure to have your defenses ready and your machine gun turrets fully armed. The zombie apocalypse is a tough thing to overcome even if it happens in a cute pixelated universe, but don’t lose hope just yet! With dozens of crafting options, you can turn your home into an indestructible fortress, set up your own food production systems, and venture out into the zombie infested wilderness to gather valuable loot and survival gear, and save as many people as possible.

Zelter takes resource management systems to a whole new level. At first you simply bang rocks against each other to get a hatchet, but this quickly develops as you craft better tools, before long you will find yourself fully immersed with a complex crafting system that caters to all of your needs, providing you with food, safety, and offensive and defensive power.
On your journey you will meet other survivalists. Use this opportunity to rebuild your crew together, after all, saving one's life creates an excellent first impression. Once they are a part of your crew you can direct them to craft essential supplies, guard vital positions, accompany you on your scavenger hunt, and help you to build an impenetrable fortress, ready for the inevitable zombie attacks. It’s not all serious though, through the various interactions you will be shown a funny side as well, giving you a combination of both serene moments of base building and intense action.

Under Domain

Get ready to invade the earth and fight against them pesky humans tryying to defend themselves. Influence them to make it easier for you to finally conquer them.

Under Domain is a turn-based strategy game that invites you to create and execute an alien invasion plan directed to Planet Earth.
Transform yourself into the Reptilian leader that will lead your species to victory! Secretly influence human evolution by sabotaging their technologies, sending hybrids agents, executing operations of murder, mind-control, abductions, and virus contamination. Meanwhile, you build a powerful war fleet to attack at the right moment.
Under Domain accompanies human history from the 1900s until the year of 2020. The player has 10 movements each turn, and each movement represents one year of human existence, completing one decade at the end of each turn. Your actions must be accurate to avoid drawing the attention of humans. After all, possible alien spaceship sightings could reveal your existence to human Nations, and they can get ready to attack you first, increasing the difficulty level of the invasion phase.
DwarfHeim

Warcraft 3 style RTS, with co-op added into it. You can choose a class to specialize in while the rest of the team focuses on other parts of the game.

DwarfHeim is the next generation of co-op RTS games. DwarfHeim innovates the RTS genre with thrilling co-op and team gameplay that will appeal to fans of multiplayer games everywhere. Player roles are critical to the success of your clan - choosing the right class can mean the difference between victory and defeat. Gather resources, expand your city and defeat the constant threat of feral trolls. Ultimately, you’ll need to crush all rival clans before you can reclaim DwarfHeim, ancestral home of the dwarves.
  • The Next Generation of Co-op RTS – DwarfHeim innovates the RTS genre with asymmetric co-op, a thrilling team game-play that will appeal to fans of multiplayer games everywhere.
  • Choose Your Class – Builder, Miner Or Warrior! Devise your strategies and choose which units, buildings and technology best meets the needs of you and your team.
  • Single and Multi-Player - DwarfHeim boasts multiple game types for the player who likes to play with friends, or by themselves.
  • Co-op is Key – Team up with 2 other players in Conquest, a competitive multiplayer game mode. Tear through the enemy team’s defences and destroy their Town Hall!
DwarfHeim's main Co-op mode is Conquest, a competitive multiplayer mode in which you and two other players must cooperate to tear through the enemy team’s defenses and destroy their Town Hall. Develop your settlement from a single building to a thriving stronghold by gathering resources, increasing your population and keeping your dwarven brothers happy by brewing potent and hearty ales.

Drone Swarm

Control a huge ass swarm of drones in a new space RTS, protecting your main hub while killing everyone else.

You are Captain Carter controlling a swarm of 32,000 drones! Aboard the spaceship Argo you strategically deploy them to overcome any obstacle. Split the swarm to simultaneously defend your ship and attack the enemy. Develop your own tactics, creatively outsmart the enemy, and exploit the environment to destroy alien aggressors. Explore the uncharted galaxy with its many dangers on your mission to find New Earth. Evolve the swarm with new abilities and keep upgrading your mothership to overcome ever more powerful threats.
The year is 2118. Earth lays in ruins after huge swathes of it were destroyed by a massive swarm of alien drones. The psionics among the few human survivors found a way to control the drones and halt the attack. With the swarm now under human control and Earth uninhabitable, the starship Argo was built and sent out to find New Earth. You, Captain Carter, lead this mission – the swarm is yours to command!

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I finally made it past the final boss in today's daily run. My success rate is now positive (0.14%).

What is funny is that I had a huge margin, with 13 hearts and almost perfect items to face the final boss, and it took one second and one unfortunate chain of events to lose 10 hearts just in front of the last door in the level leading to the final boss. A different outcome would have been unsurprising (and infuriating).

Edit: Today is Thanksgiving! I understand the daily run better now! lmao :boomer: 🦃

:pro: :kappa:

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yeh, I was gonna comment to him that but seems everybody in his comments caught it already :p

Also.

Looks like he experimented with Vagrant Story lighting too (but I've not seen it in recent tweets)...

Damn, 90s square was so good.
I have no history with Parasite Eve, but this looks intriguing none the less.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I've realised that Apple Arcade is perfect for the indie games that I fill my steam wishlist with but never actually buy. So I think I might continue using it. The Apple One subscription for 15€ per month for Apple Arcade, Apple Music and Apple TV might be worth it.
what kind of games are you adding but never buying?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
German retailer Media Markt has a -16% discount promotion over the weekend for their online store. Theoretically on everything, but certain things miraculously vanish during those sales like GPUs, CPUs or prices for high end smartphones increases... You get the idea.

Still, there are some nice deals to be made. Current consoles are discounted: a switch can be bought for 276€, PS4 Pro for 310€, a Crucial 1TB NVMe for 86€, Pixel 4a for 280€ etc.

If you can order from them: Take a look, maybe you are able to find something you want/need for a decent price.

But be quick about it: Discounts are only available till tomorrow morning 9 a.m.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Weekly update, want to ask or share something? go ahead, I don't bite :cat-heart-blob:

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
It's been 48 hours since my Trails of Cold Steel IV review went live, and the article itself has 100 comments - a first for the site, where the most I've seen on any article was 30 - and my twitter feed is still a trainwreck.

How's everyone else doing?

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
It's been 48 hours since my Trails of Cold Steel IV review went live, and the article itself has 100 comments - a first for the site, where the most I've seen on any article was 30 - and my twitter feed is still a trainwreck.

Sorry to hear that, guess you didn't give it a favorable review (although I heard that was a more common thing from 3 as well).

Reactions: ISee and lashman

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
My wait for the PC version of CS4 has been long, I can wait a bit longer. Not gonna even try and play it on console. From what I've heard the translation is a mess, so I don't blame people for reviewing it poorly. Sounds like a rush job to get it out after CS3.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Nice to hear that Valve is very welcoming towards womens thoughts and opinions regarding stuff.
Absolutely, some parts were real punches directly to the guts and sadly something that happens all the time.

The Imposter syndrome? that shit dropped some tears from my eyes.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Shame to hear you get any BS your way for a review. Some dumb fanboys and fangirls out there.

As for Trails, it's a shame that Cold Steel seems so "off" compared with the two Arcs before it. I'm still waiting on finishing the Crossbell games (once Geofront finishes their patch), and not looking forward to 4 long games that ultimately just end up being pretty 'meh'.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My wait for the PC version of CS4 has been long, I can wait a bit longer. Not gonna even try and play it on console. From what I've heard the translation is a mess, so I don't blame people for reviewing it poorly. Sounds like a rush job to get it out after CS3.
According to my friend who is a big fan of Trails and have played CS4 JP version, he thinks the game is mediocre at best and was greatly disappointed by it (especially the story). So I would say the problem may not be only its translation but the overall quality of the game.

Reactions: QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
According to my friend who is a big fan of Trails and have played CS4 JP version, he thinks the game is mediocre at best and was greatly disappointed by it (especially the story). So I would say the problem may not be only its translation but the overall quality of the game.
I'm not doubting you. It may very well be a bad story. But I have seen some screens with egregious bugs (text spilling off the end of text boxes, names being swapped in dialogs so that the conversation makes no sense, etc) which would undoubtedly impact anyone's enjoyment of the game. So I can't blame a reviewer for giving a low score regardless of the quality of the story. But bugs and text can be patched (if the company bothers to do so), bad story is around forever. Time will tell on Cold Steel 4 specifically, but I think there's probably decently broad agreement that the Cold Steel arc has not been great.

Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm not doubting you. It may very well be a bad story. But I have seen some screens with egregious bugs (text spilling off the end of text boxes, names being swapped in dialogs so that the conversation makes no sense, etc) which would undoubtedly impact anyone's enjoyment of the game. So I can't blame a reviewer for giving a low score regardless of the quality of the story. But bugs and text can be patched (if the company bothers to do so), bad story is around forever. Time will tell on Cold Steel 4 specifically, but I think there's probably decently broad agreement that the Cold Steel arc has not been great.
Oh sorry, I should have worded my original post better. Not defending on the translations or bugs as NISA has been notorious on that front since Ys 8. Just want to add that the game itself is not great.

Reactions: QFNS

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I watched that and thought no date? Clicked the video to youtube to see if a date was in the description or something and find out that its a Kickstarter.
That's some kind of shit marketing having an announcement video that can be embedded anywhere and not mentioning in it that you can help kickstart it if you like.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Last day for the Disco Elysium discount.
As much as I'm interested, I will try to keep my October as no-purchase as possible. Life out of overdraft is maybe reachable in a not so distant future, and I am interested in pricey hardware anyways, so every little bit count.

It hurts though, I'm half convinced the year end sale won't be as low. It's an anniversary discount after all.

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
I liked it a lot. The class system is awesome and the combat really good. What made the game mediocre for you?
While I love the class system, the combat system really is incredibly flawed. Of course, I am not asking for an elaborate FFT, and I dont even like Disgaea's puzzle-like environmental effects system. Basic gameplay mechanics such as bonus damage (or chance to crit) for height advantage or line of sight should had been implemented. Is it decent? Yes. But for me, decent is mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.