Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Incredible, even CDKeys now ask for a verification code when your last login was some time ago. Security, I know, but the Internet is becoming more cumbersome by the day.
Having to juggle multiple logins is one of the reasons why I mainly use Steam. Because I don't like logging in to Origin and Uplay since I have to enter in the password and all of that. And with Uplay I have to fetch my phone for the authentication but then again I also have it like that on Steam as well.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Also

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
2077 just got delayed into december now? i thought it had gone gold though?

oh well that give me just the extra bit of time for my new builde

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm so glad I have no hype for Cyberpunk's launch. I was going to do the same thing I did with The Witcher 3 and wait until after all the DLC comes out and get it for cheap.

Dec 5, 2018
If you'd ask me last year I'd probably say that it was one of the games I was expecting the most. At this point I'm nearly losing all of my interest.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
This looks like it will launch in a rough state, it will probably need some post launch work to get into shape...
Yes, day 1 will be full of gifs of bugs on social media.

I am glad we will have plenty of new memes.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'm so glad I have no hype for Cyberpunk's launch. I was going to do the same thing I did with The Witcher 3 and wait until after all the DLC comes out and get it for cheap.
CDPR general rule - wait until the definitive edition is released, it will be patched and come with dlc. It hasn't steered me wrong yet since Witcher1. There will be plenty of people talking about it long after release unless you need that day1 hype.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It looks good but I only played Zero so far. I'll get around to it after I play the Kiwami games.

I was thinking Nioh 2...but they've been quiet with that. Damn now I really wish Mass Effect trilogy remaster did come out in November lol.

Also if Cyberpunk actually makes it out in December...that game is gonna dominate sales during the Steam winter sale.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Oh wow, another delay.

I almost took a week off to play it, but then I remembered that this week we are having a 5 day national holiday so it would be too close of a gap and I changed my mind. What a huge shame though, tbh.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Cyberpunk is probably still coming out a buggy mess. Kinda indifferent to this delay, if only because upgrading my PC this year was already impossible. Heck, I don't even know when next year it will be possible, if at all.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I really sympathize with the devs who must be sleeping under tables and have forgotten what vegetables taste like. This is the roughest time. At least they can work from home but at the same time, that means the barrier between personal and professional life must be severely blurred.

That bit about the day 0 patch makes sense, but the game seems to be coming pretty incandescent out of that oven. Not that I can really begrudge them anything other than the mistreatment of their employees, games are just hard, ambitious ones even more so.

Reactions: PhaZZe and LEANIJA

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Maybe its being delayed to launch with the next gen versions of Cyberpunk, or maybe COVID 19 is really fucking shit up, didn't Phil Spencer say that 2021 might be a poor year for gaming cause development was really screwed up in 2020 IIRC?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Delayinng a game that went gold would be comedy gold if it weren't for the likely 21 extra days of crunch to meet the new date.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
If I had wanted to buy on launch, I would now wait a few months.
Nothing says unfinished buggy mess louder than a game that already got delayed several times, get delayed AFTER going "Gold"

But I never intended to buy on Launch, so whatever :>

reposting for the lulz. (the real reason it got delayed)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I just hope that doesn't mean 21 more days of overtime and crunch that they said they would only do a short burst..
It will probably be even worse. This is the last chance they have before the holidays. If they don't make it on time they might just delay it for another 6 months.

• This!
Reactions: Pommes

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018

Well wtf am I supposed to play in November now?
One of 40 000-ish games.

I actually figured out the nature of cyber p delays. Announce release 4 years before it realistically can be done. Then go to your devs and say obviously it's not ready, you need to crunch for a 1 month buddies, but it's just a month.
Then in a month it's still not ready - you need to crunch for a 1 month buddies, but it's just a month. etc etc
That's how you sneak in 2 years of crunch in 'we have no crunch' for free.
Smart shit

Last edited:
Reactions: yuraya
Status
Not open for further replies.