Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Must plays.

Also if you are planning to play Monkey Island 1 and 2, try going the extra mile and play the original versions.

Y[UWSL]ou can switch to original graphics in 1. [/UWSL]

For 2, I'll need to find the original files and run it through scum VM.
Eh? I am pretty sure you can play original versions of MI1 and 2 through these editions of the game.
If one wants to play the original games with audio and voice acting from the SE versions, they'll need to utilize a fanmod of sorts-

Dunno how viable this one is, but i's among the first serach results I found
Code:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/1f73a57e87385fb3f77bb9e9c4125ff1
Otherwise follow this

• Love
Reactions: MegaApple

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland

I wonder what new content is coming to Jedi Fallen Order? And I hope they remove the requirement to have Origin installed on the Steam version.
If I could play as Trilla, I'd have an excuse to buy the game. Inquisitor Cal was nice, but not enough to sway me over without a big discount.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have checked the prices of the games at gg.deals:

This is how I would value the content of the Humble Choice, assuming there are 10 choices out of 12:

Game nameSplit value
Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition 2,62 €
Fae Tactics 1,67 €
SUNLESS BUNDLE (SEA & SKIES) 1,65 €
Basement 1,10 €
The Suicide of Rachel Foster 0,89 €
Iron Danger 0,86 €
Autonauts 0,63 €
GOAT OF DUTY 0,55 € (or -skip- for Shadows)
Lightmatter 0,50 €
Fantasy Blacksmith 0,43 €
Shadows: Awakening-skip- (or -get- instead of GOAT)
The Uncertain: Episode 1 – The Last Quiet Day-skip-
Total 10,90 €

Last edited:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I want the Sunless bundle but nothing else. If anyone here decides to get this month's games and isn't interested in Sunless or already has the games, hit me up with a PM as I'd be interested in buying it.

Reactions: Tomasety

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I was waiting for Fae Tactics and Sunless Skies to be featured in a bundle so I like those two. Might redeem Lightmatter and Basement as well.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
@Wok Why so low price on The Suicide of Rachel Foster? I've had it in my Wishlist for ages but if it can be found for 90 cents then hell yeah!
It is a guess based on the historical low and keyshop prices. If there is demand, price will be higher. Plus, people generally make a profit of bundle splits.

You might be able to get it for 1 € - 1.50€ though. The big games of the bundle should be Tropico, Fae and Sunless, which may go for even higher.

Reactions: Le Pertti

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Squadrons peaked at 36,000 so far. I think it'll be over 50,000 during the weekend.
The thirst is real and I get it.
Unfortunately, EA still thinks people want primarily PvP out of Star Wars.
Those suits can't grasp the idea of a game having no "must have checkboxes". The MP part will die in a month.

Remember when Doom 2015 had a full-fledged PvP part, with DLC and plenty of content?
Doom 2020 has SP DLC now.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Enter Star Citizen, and everyone else: "Hey, we can complete a full development cycle and release before Star Citizen!"

😜

(It's probably never gonna be released...)
I shall not take the bait and instead will invite you to point to any game at all doing what it does so as to compare development times :p.

But seriously, there is nobody even attempting it and it worries me :(. There is a point in time where that game will be done and I worry that the industry will just walk by it and not attempt to do anything like it again because it's too hard. It's a seriously disheartening thought.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I have this image of a game in my head. Third-person, semi-auto rifle that looks similar to Commando from Black Ops and reloading progress is shown with a circle around crosshair. At this point I'm not even sure if it exists since I went through all my games on all launchers and couldn't find anything that'd fit. I feel like you were fighting zombies or something in it, but I'm not sure of that one. If anyone has an idea of what the game could be, then do tell. Otherwise, I'll probably won't get any sleep tonight. I have that nasty problem of not being able to let things like that go unresolved, so I'll be thinking about it all the time.
The reloading with a circle round the crosshair rings a bell. Not sure what game it is though but i think ive played something like that.

That doesn't help does it Sorry.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Classic point-and-click adventures should run without issues I imagine.
Those are "wordy" games like crpgs. Looking for gameplay focused stuff, action or otherwise!

Shouldn't Alextended be able to run pretty much all 2D games?
Sadly no, far from it if you read my posts, even 8-bit style games ran badly, yet other much nicer looking stuff worked out, it depends how they were made.
Time to bust out those VNs!:D
Many of those would work but, wordy.

Pre-Renegade Command & Conquer games should work as well as StarCraft. You could try Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe (it was released as a Freeware). If Unreal Gold and UT99 work fine, then Unreal II should too. Might also want to test some racing games - there's a bunch of old NFS and Rally titles.
Yes I got him the C&C/Red Alert remaster, that's enough C&C for now, sadly it can't run AoEII.

Unreal 2 is a whole different beast to 1, on a version of UE2 (used for Unreal Tournament 2003/2004) and miles beyond 1 in visuals (I also loved the multiplayer expansion thing, I wish it didn't die off, it returned as a mod for UT2004 much later but did't really gain a following there either). I really don't think it will work but it would be cool.

Which old NFS is best/would work well for sure and maybe support xinput too? Some old games don't work right. Max Payne wouldn't launch without setting compatibility mode to Win98, but then the cut scenes didn't have any sound and I found a sound patcher for it online but it just wouldn't do its job for me. It sucks because other than that the game ran well enough as far as I could tell.

Thar's why I'm asking for stuff people know will work on such a low end PC, not assume because they are old, or 2D or PS1 level (Soul Reaver would have been ace but it didn't work out sadly, awful performance) or something similar. Stuff like FFIX probably work but again, wordy. My bro in law is not gonna be reading much, especially since his English is just ok, not great.

I added Freedom Planet, that works well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexandros

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Sadly no, far from it if you read my post, even 8-bit stylw games ran badly, it depends how they were made.Many of those would work but, wordy.
Yeah I had problems with some also, but I think they have some 3D stuff going on, maybe like Direct 3D stuff, what I mean is pure 2D games should be able to run. Maybe it depends on engines used.

Reactions: Alextended

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I really can't complain about this and MGS because it's really cool to have the old ports finally available legally but MAN I really wish they were doing new ones/proper remasters instead. :weary-face:
Having Silent HIll 2,3 and 4 on PC digitally would be amazing. There's some great mods by fans.
I don't want Konami to remaster them again, and I really wouldn't ask for it, Their "remaster" of Silent Hill 2 is terrible, replacing the excellent voice overs with a shoddy "modern" version.

Reactions: lashman

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Those are "wordy" games like crpgs. Looking for gameplay focused stuff, action or otherwise!

Sadly no, far from it if you read my post, even 8-bit stylw games ran badly, it depends how they were made.Many of those would work but, wordy.

Yes I gor him the C&C/Red Alert remaster, that's enough C&C for now, sadly it can't run AoEII.

Unreal 2 is a whole different beast to 1, on a version of UE2 (used for Unreal Tournament 2003/2004) and miles beyond 1 in visuals (I also loved the multiplayer mode, I wish it didn't die off, it returned as a mod for UT2004 much later but did't really gain a following there either). I really don't think it will work but it would be cool.

Which old NFS is best/would work well for sure and maybe support xinput? Some old games don't work right. Max Payne wouldn't launch without setting compatibility mode to Win98, but then the cut scenes didn't have any sound and I found a sound patcher for it online but it just wouldn't do its job for me. It sucks because other than that the game ran well enough as far as I could tell.

Thar's why I'm asking for stuff people know will work on such a low end PC, not assume because they are old, or 2D or PS1 level (Soul Reaver would have been ace but it didn't work out sadly, awful performance) or something similar.

I added Freedom Planet, that works well.
Well, Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe works fine on low end PC and doesn't have any W10 problems as far as I know (I never had any anyway). As for NFS, I'm not sure what would work and I'm pretty sure none of the older games support XInput.

Stronghold Crusader runs perfectly fine on old hardware, as does HoMM 3. Deus Ex 1 runs on toasters too.

Reactions: Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Deus ex ran badly back on my pentium 3/gf2mx iirc, idk how this compares (though Half-Life was fine on that machine iirc and this can't run it well enough), I'd check it out but again, wordy, haha. I'll try Sniper Elite 1 instead of H&D, I recall that being janky af but I think I had it on Dreamcast not PC back then, I forget. Although some mission obketives in SE were wtf too and it had its own jank. Does HOMM3 have a lot of story and reading or is it more like C&C where you can deal with just watching the cut scenes for fun and then simply playing (but obv turn based, rpg-ish etc.).

Last edited:

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Deus ex ran badly back on my pentium 2 iirc, I'd check it out but again, wordy, haha. I'll try Sniper Elite 1 instead of H&D, I recall that being janky af but I think I had it on Dreamcast not PC back then, I forget. Does HOMM3 have a lot of story and reading or is it more like C&C where you can deal (but obv turn based, rpg-ish etc.).
Sniper Elite 1 is 6 years younger than H&D Deluxe and was quite demanding for the time. Wasn't janky at all though, at least on PC.

HoMM3 barely has any story. There are various scenarios with some very light backstory, but it's generally just exploring overworld map (turn-based), building armies and fighting enemies (turn-based).

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Oh okay. I guess my memory's off. I probably did play it on dc then and it had bad draw distance etc to keep up and the whole open terrain snd vehicles and squad stuff in my mind made it seem grander than SE. I'll get that then and not SE.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Oh okay. I guess my memory's off. I probably did play it on dc then and it had bad draw distance etc to keep up and the whole open terrain snd vehicles and squad stuff in my mind made it seem grander than SE. I'll get that then and not SE.
The original was made by a Czech studio specializing in PC games. I can easily picture the Dreamcast version being shit.

Fun fact: H&D is considered the first game to feature the ADS/Ironsights system. The same studio, Illusion Softworks, also made one of the best and most recognizable Vietnam War games, Vietcong, despite being from Czechia.

Reactions: Swenhir

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
Damn Tropico 6 in Humble Bundle? Hmmmm...I want to buy the Civ VI's Frontier Pass, but I'm getting paralyzed by the choices.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Plenty of time for me to forget to put it on pause......again.
I've set up a Google Calendar with a repeating appointment set to "Monthly, every last Friday" and added a notification for that one day in advance. It's simple and keeps me from forgetting :p

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
From time to time I like to do fan-made banners with my Steam template, so I made a little one for Nier Replicant, it's very simple, I made a loop with 2 simple animations but the essence is still there.

I will add some fog and effects to the logo too at a later date :cat-heart-blob:

FunnyJay