Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Eech, I don't want to fight either but I really disagree and I don't know how to go about it without getting dragged down into the same arguments I've had with people along the years. I'll try to keep it really short :

In project management, you usually have : all the features, on time, on budget. Pick two. The game being delayed a lot is indicative most of all that their scope changed a lot with the funding explosion, and that they simply refused to compromise and cut things when facing difficulties. They were also extremely clear that delivering on time was never their priority. Doing it right was. That's the literal caveat on the roadmap. That's what gamers clamor they want out of EA : let studios take their time. I think it's not intellectually fair and honest to protest delay when their cause is explained and rational.

I'm not replying to the rest of what you said because at the end of the day, it comes to : I understand why they did it, and it makes sense to me.

On the topic of monetization though, I'll just give my view : I don't give a crap about super expensive ships - you can earn them in-game, right now for those that are done. Whales are a thing, and if we're talking exploitation, I'll pull a small whataboutism with mobile and gatcha. These people know what they are doing, what they are getting and they are grown adults. This isn't gambling. This isn't predatory. Nobody is making these people spend crazy amounts of money and it's honestly not our business to second-guess what people spend money on when it's clearly to make that unique project happen.

What I do disagree with them on is this hugely complicated mess of LTI, insurance, game packages, Voyager Direct, land claims and all that crap that just screams sleazy EA-style marketing to me. I'd rather it was streamlined and much more simple. Pretty sure that people want this project to live and would fund that way anyway, but that's just me.

Also, you people make me want to play Prodeus, especially after Civvie's video :p.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Swenhir
I see your points, and they are good. I think we can table this discussion.
Let's just continue buying games we never get around to play, am I right? 😉
Yep, thanks and again, sorry about that. And I feel you on that one. I haven't touched 99% of the games in the Squeenix bundle that I bought in something like March.

I'll see myself onto the walk of shame :p.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Im finally totally hooked on Hollow Knight. So glad i gave it another chance. I just keep delving deeper into the game, unlocking new areas and getting better(ish). I hope ill be able to finish it, i find the combat just a bit to much for me sometimes (getting old). Its such a great presentation though, dripping with atmosphere and charm.

Deleted member 113

If you are "consuming" any seasonal content this month, be it films, games, and more, don't forget to drop by Li Kao's thread.
It's always fun to check on what everyone is watching/playing on Halloween season. You may even find a suggestion or two from fellow Meta members. ;)

And also, don't forget about Trisolarian's thread about free/inexpensive horror games:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Zombies are spooky right?

Real talk. In a Zombie apocalypse, if you have the choice between a mobile base in arctic temperatures and a floating base in tropical temperatures, which do you choose?

Mobile base:

Floating base:
(Paddleboard included)

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Zombies are spooky right?

Real talk. In a Zombie apocalypse, if you have the choice between a mobile base in arctic temperatures and a floating base in tropical temperatures, which do you choose?

Mobile base:

Floating base:
(Paddleboard included)

It depends, who am i shacked up with?

Reactions: QFNS

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I want Fae tactics and Basement. Plus maybe two more.

What to do....
If you decide to get it and you don't want the Sunless bundle let me know, I'd be interested in buying it.

edit: I got a copy from another user.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

There's a big update out for Tainted Grail, and the game is 25% off.

The early versions were already quite fun, so if you like the genre, you'll probably quite like the game.

Gengis Khan

Goodfella
Jan 26, 2019
Italy
mgmboxeisland.com
There's a big update out for Tainted Grail, and the game is 25% off.

The early versions were already quite fun, so if you like the genre, you'll probably quite like the game.
Somehow I never heard of this before.
Which is unusual, because tactical turn-based games and RPGs are both genres I tend to monitor very closely in general.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Did Fae bomb or is humble really that desperate to have an appealing game in the bundle?

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Im finally totally hooked on Hollow Knight. So glad i gave it another chance. I just keep delving deeper into the game, unlocking new areas and getting better(ish). I hope ill be able to finish it, i find the combat just a bit to much for me sometimes (getting old). Its such a great presentation though, dripping with atmosphere and charm.
Glad to hear that giving the game a chance paid off for you! Hollow Knight is a very, very special game and a must play for everyone, especially fans of metroidvanias.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Did Fae bomb or is humble really that desperate to have an appealing game in the bundle?
Probably didnt do well if we assume the correlation ratio between owners and steam reviews.

For a total of 370 reviews we've got this guessestimation:

Honestly, it's a very niche genre. Not even the famous Final Fantasy Tactis has appeared on Steam.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Probably didnt do well if we assume the correlation ratio between owners and steam reviews.

For a total of 370 reviews we've got this guessestimation:

Honestly, it's a very niche genre. Not even the famous Final Fantasy Tactis has appeared on Steam.
wtb fft

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Never had chance to grab anything, but thanks for the giveaway regardless! Choice never felt like worth it to be honest. Humble monthlies have gotten worse and worse with each 'update'.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Today's Choice is horribly disappointing for not only Halloween month, but the month of my birth.

Oh well. Money saved.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Just finished Mafia. Enjoyed it a lot. Looks good and plays ok. Shooting is a little bit off but i played on medium so it wasnt too much of a hinderance. Really like an open world game that has a pretty linear path through it. Steam says ive played 11.2 hrs. Thats about right for me for a game. Played it, liked it, moving on.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Firefox for desktop is awesome nowadays. Firefox for mobile is horrible. Their mobile browser is pretty much the number one reason why I've switched to Vivaldi for now.

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.