Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

they'd be crazy to put anything but yakuza 7 in the spotlight right now and for a while after its release
Why?
Can't they at least announce more than a single game at a time, or release more than a single game on a year?

I mean, they sure don't have any problems doing so on the PS4.
Just looking at the Yakuza team, here's what they released WW on the PS4:

2018:
Yakuza 6 (April 2018), Kiwami 2 (August 2018), Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (October 2018)

2019:
Judgement (June 2019), Yakuza 3 (August 2019), Yakuza 4 (October 2019)

2020:
Yakuza 5 (February 2020), Yakuza (7): Like a Dragon (November 2020)

What did SEGA (especially Japan) release on PC this year? Persona 4 (a 10+ year old port), and it will release Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
It's been almost 1 year and a half since the last Yakuza port.
In that time period, they released how many Yakuza team titles, and remasters on, say, the PS4? One brand new game, 3 ports, and another title coming next month.

It's ridiculous.
I'm a bit tired of being treated as a "bastard stepchild", as if they are doing me a favour of releasing their titles on the platform I use.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
aaaand my replay of evenicle is all wrapped up, time to find something else to play

Did you play Sengoku Rance? Is it comparable in Gameplay (don't care about the hentai aspect, only the gameplay) To this day I have not found a comparable game with the gameplay loop, breath of events and characters, etc.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Finally got Apple Arcade working, it was as I suspected, their achievement system that didn't load properly. Also since I use the beta of the new OS I can't fully fault them for that, when I updated to latest beta it started working.

Time to try some games! Tried Beyond a Steel Sky but sadly it didn't run well at all, have to wait with that one.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I know I say this ever other week for the past... uh... seven months, but I think Terminator: Resistance is getting DLC soon, for reals this time. We know that VR support is coming, but it's unclear if VR mode is the DLC entire or they're adding VR mode and also new non-VR content.

2 Days Ago:
  • Added ListOfDLC1451140
This is the best news of the day

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Why?
Can't they at least announce more than a single game at a time, or release more than a single game on a year?
Because Yakuza 7 is their first full-priced multiplatform big release in the series with a new protagonist.

If they announced yakuza 7, FOTNS, Judgement and Y3-6 all at once with different release dates it would take the spotlight away from y7, so if those ports exist they'd come out later. It makes no business sense to do otherwise, it's also not very smart to bombard an audience with yakuza games in a short amount of times as you risk to burn out said audience.
Also if they had any plan to release any of those before Y7 covid probably didn't help either.
That's just me guessing though, so eh personal opinion and all that.

Did you play Sengoku Rance? Is it comparable in Gameplay (don't care about the hentai aspect, only the gameplay) To this day I have not found a comparable game with the gameplay loop, breath of events and characters, etc.
No it isn't, on top of that every Rance game is its own thing gameplay wise, they aren't consistent between titles.

Evenicle is a 3D rpg with dungeon crawler elements, and overworld and linear story, while Sengoku Rance is strategy game where you have 2 armies facing each other in turn based combat, you manage an army, choose which territories to attack and conquer etc. has multiple endings and after you beat it you unlock a free for all mode that is pure strategy gameplay with no story

This is Sengoku Rance (no NSFW stuff so don't worry, I spoilered because it's a lot of images)

This is Evenicle

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at some rougelite / rougelike games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Rift Wizard

Traditional Roguelike game even up to the traditional-ish rogue graphics. Tons of items and skills to use and enemies to beat.

Rift Wizard is a tough as nails retro fantasy roguelike emphasizing combat and character building.
You play as an immortal amnesiac wizard who must rebuild his spellbook and slay his rival.
The game consists of 25 randomly generated levels, each filled with procedurally generated challenges that will test your creativity and strategic thinking abilities.

Approaching Infinity

Roguelike game in space, where you can go around an entire universe and continue becoming more and more powerful.

Take command of your ship and crew as you explore space, planets, caves, shipwrecks, temples, and other dangerous locations. Find, buy, and sell commodities, equipment, and mysterious artifacts. Defend yourself against aggressive space pirates and hungry planetary denizens. Complete quests for profit, or to change the very power structure of the galaxy!
There is no limit to the number of sectors and planets you can explore, and there is no "level cap". Everything keeps getting more powerful, including your enemies!

Dungeon Core

A roguelite taking inspiration on Enter the Gungeon. Fluid combat with nice feeling.

Take the role as a liquidator descending down the sewers and beyond to destroy an old abandoned nuclear core. The core is a relic from an old, failed experiment where the goal was to mutate creatures and use them as weapons. But... the mutants wouldn't be controlled and the government abandoned the project, sealing off every entrance. They deny any involvement. However, the mutants are still down there, gradually making their way up... Unless, you can destroy the core?!

Touhou Endless Dreams

Bullet shooter with Rogue lite elements. Still spotty on translation but with tons of potential for an Early Access game.

Touhou Endless Dream is a 2D top-down bullet hell shooter game that contains Rogue-lite elements. Players can utilize characters with different abilities, collect and assemble powerful items, and dance and weave through an unending barrage of bullets, to save both yourself and Gensokyo from the darkness that is engulfing everything.

Touhou Endless Dream features random generation which means no two playthroughs are the same. Every restart will bring forth a new experience in which you will encounter different enemies, bosses, and collect different weapons and items in which you can use to make different builds and experiences. Throughout the course of the game, the map will be constantly consumed by black holes so plot your path, light your torches, and find a way to resist the all-consuming darkness.

Deleted member 113

Approaching Infinity

Roguelike game in space, where you can go around an entire universe and continue becoming more and more powerful.

This is a really fun one, and the developer has been updating the game like crazy.
Next, he is updating the graphics.

Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Titanfall 2 is up there with the greats of first person shooters. Honestly, for the PS4/Xbox One generation, I actually think it's the best FPS available on those systems.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at some adventure games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

G-String

Cyberpunk fps that with a ton of character and great story. Clearly a work of passion from the single dev that made it. Pls click on it, its not R18 despite the name.

Slip into the Standard Issue Biosuit as Myo Hyori, a gifted Korean teenage girl who must face the perils of the future. Survive many hazards, explore a seemingly endless metropolis and beyond as the world around you implodes and history marches towards its inevitable conclusion.
This is a cyberpunk inspired first person shooter with light environmental puzzles and a long, detailed singleplayer campaign focused on story and world building. G-String aims for an old school approach where there is minimal hand holding and your biosuit automatically keeps track of your health stats, ammunition count and armor condition.
You need supplies to heal yourself, replenish your ammo/armor but your suit automatically takes care of your lights, sprinting and breathing (open air and underwater). Your on-board neuro-enhancers, air filters and light sources automatically recharge using movement and/or sunlight.
Courtesy of Bortz Bioengineering your biosuit is very resilient but you do have to be careful: prolonged exposure to toxins will lead to fatal failure! You need to watch out for all sorts of environmental hazards, especially later on when the pace picks up considerably.
Your telekinetic/pyrokinetic abilities will be available from the start and throughout most of the game, they should be enough to make progress until there are more means of input available. Worthy to note that initially your night-vision will be disabled as your biosuit was damaged presumably in earlier lab experiments.
New Blood approved:

The Signifier

First person investigation game where you need to move into different "realities" to complete the puzzles, with heavy noir and psychological terror inspirations.

The Signifier is a first-person tech-noir mystery adventure that blends investigation, experimental psychology, and artificial intelligence.

Explore the real and surreal worlds, become immersed in fringe psychology, solve puzzles, and find the truth as Frederick Russell, an expert in AI and psychology, and the main researcher behind an experimental deep brain scanner called the Dreamwalker. Its controversial technology allows the exploration of the recorded senses and unconscious realms of the mind. He finds himself thrust into a spiral of intrigue when asked to use his creation after the vice president of the world’s biggest tech company turns up dead in her apartment.

Cube Escape Collection

Collection of classic point-and click flash games to ensure they exist even after Flash dies.

In this classic point-and-click adventure anthology you follow the path of Dale Vandermeer, a homicide detective, as he investigates the death of a woman and finds himself drawn into the mysterious world of Rusty Lake.

Cube Escape was Rusty Lake's first series of games, introducing the Rusty Lake universe. Heavily inspired by TV series Twin Peaks. All games will be updated, preserved and bundled on Steam for a small price, to survive the end of the Flash Games era. The Cube Escape Collection will contain 9 chapters: Seasons, The Lake, Arles, Harvey's Box, Case 23, The Mill, Birthday, Theatre and The Cave.

Picklock

Isometric theft simulator. Steal as much as possible without being caught... because that will lead to a fast Game Over.

Join exciting robbery adventure. Be tricky and use your skills to complete your missions in green town. If you’re successful, you can enjoy well-deserved vacation at the seaside.
You are experienced thief and your alias is Picklock. You had to leave big city life and start fresh in green town. You failed to make it like average person so you go back to what you knew because you’re pro.
New mission – new challenge. Trust your gut and stay under the radar of security guards or make a plan with carefully thought over steps. The choice is yours.
Sell your stolen items to your old friend and fence Pashkevich and spend your earnings as you wish! Buy a new car, redesign your home and celebrate it in a pub or make it your new target.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Yakuza 0 updated impressions: I am generally enjoying it but I am skipping most dialogues by furiously pressing A to get on with it. The combat system is pretty fun and I like many of the side activities and quests. I spent a good hour playing Texas Holdem and bowling so yeah.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Speaking of SEGA, has there been any hints or info that this current event, the sale, the free games, will actually lead to any new announcements or surprise releases?
Leave a review saying Y 3-6 on PC. I've seen SEGA being active on Steam front.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Very interesting and important thread
I think it rather begs the question of whether such awards are important, or even followed at all by players, or if they are mostly industry-centric self-congratulations.

Not to dismiss the reality that selling in a crowded market is incredibly hard - it is. But I don't see this specific event as particularly revelatory, those awards are really extremely niche.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Picture of a Wok previously known as Wok is correct. I often get so many tabs open I have to just close the browser and start over.
Well, that’s one thing ios does right then I guess. Safari is so shitty it eats half my tabs on a monthly basis :thinking-blob:

• Toucan
Reactions: kafiend

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Yakuza 0 updated impressions: I am generally enjoying it but I am skipping most dialogues by furiously pressing A to get on with it. The combat system is pretty fun and I like many of the side activities and quests. I spent a good hour playing Texas Holdem and bowling so yeah.
There's actually some great dialogue and the main story is fantastic.

Reactions: Li Kao and Echoes

Deleted member 113

If anyone enjoys "old school" FPSs, do start saving some funds for the upcoming launch of Prodeus, I doubt you will regret it.

I played a bit more of the game (both the Alpha campaign, for Kickstarter backers, and the beta campaign), and this one is a blast!
Fast and furious gameplay, intriguing visuals, buckets of blood flying everywhere, a nice feel to the weapons, and a heavy soundtrack that fits the action.
I'm predicting the game will get a very healthy map and mod making community, which will be great. I'm sure this one will be around for quite some time.

It's funny. I backed the game on Kickstarter (before I pretty much stopped backing crowdfunding campaigns) basically because I like the genre, and the game looked kind of neat, visually, but yeah, I didn't really place that many expectations on it.
But this one has turned out to be a nice surprise. Really cool game! (y)

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
If anyone enjoys "old school" FPSs, do start saving some funds for the upcoming launch of Prodeus, I doubt you will regret it.

I played a bit more of the game (both the Alpha campaign, for Kickstarter backers, and the beta campaign), and this one is a blast!
Fast and furious gameplay, intriguing visuals, buckets of blood flying everywhere, a nice feel to the weapons, and a heavy soundtrack that fits the action.
I'm predicting the game will get a very healthy map and mod making community, which will be great. I'm sure this one will be around for quite some time.

It's funny. I backed the game on Kickstarter (before I pretty much stopped backing crowdfunding campaigns) basically because I like the genre, and the game looked kind of neat, visually, but yeah, I didn't really place that many expectations on it.
But this one has turned out to be a nice surprise. Really cool game! (y)
The demo was very good and I'll pick it up when it comes out. I know there have been a ton of boomer shooter revivals in the past few years. One game in particular I loved was Amid Evil.

It's the only one of the throwback shooters I actually completed (I got bored of Dusk and Ion Fury and Ultrakill is in early access so I can't give it a fair shake yet).

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Weekly update :cat-heart-blob:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I think it rather begs the question of whether such awards are important, or even followed at all by players, or if they are mostly industry-centric self-congratulations.

Not to dismiss the reality that selling in a crowded market is incredibly hard - it is. But I don't see this specific event as particularly revelatory, those awards are really extremely niche.
I don't give a rats ass to what the gaming media or award shows claims to be good games. They lost their believability ages ago.
You know which games didn't win awards and didn't get media coverages before selling millions? Among Us, Phasmophobia, and many more.

Edit: "Indie" as a category is also detrimental to getting sales. It doesn't say anything about what the game is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.