Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Yep. I haven't bought a Ubisoft game since Black Flag because I can't stand their horrendous optimization. I will keep not buying them until they either fix their shit or I get a CPU that can brute force consistent 60 fps. And only if they release on Steam of course.
Optimization is the least of my issues with Ubisofts games. The boring and repetitive checklist gameplay is a huge turn-off for me. Too bad, because lots of their games have amazing looking open worlds.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Was able to finally beat someone on my friend list in a level in Ghostrunner. All it took was the game to crash and me having to restart the level with the knowledge of what to do

• Hug
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I suppose there is no way to easily retrieve and list your games owned in a document ? For every gaming service ?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Good I didn't buy Watch Dog Legions. It's a mess.
Quality wise it qualifies as an Epic exclusive.

Constant stutters while driving around. I assume my CPU can't keep up? I'm altogether heavily CPU limited, especially without Ray Tracing enabled.
Cars without RT reflections can look weird in motion. The Sky with DLSS enabled flickers and looks grainy. Car controls with a keyboard are 💩 and not much better with a gamepad. The game doesn't feel very polished and a bit janky.

RT reflections are nice and seeing the game world being reflected in buildings is awesome. But the rest of the game doesn't look that good.

Ah and did I tell you that this SP game must be online all the time and that it installs anti cheat software?
All to protect ubi from losing valuable mtx money.

Glad the reviews mentioned that....
Thanks for the write-up, will wait and use the Uplay+ month when Valhalla is out.

Reactions: ISee

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I just want to say that people complaining about delays and slow progress are clearly not Starsector fans. It's been a year since the last update, and the community erupted in cheers as we now have... patch notes.

Looks to be a hell of a version given his past blogs on the various things that have been included.

• Toucan
Reactions: Alexandros

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Lol at PUBG still chilling in the top 3 while nobody is talking about it anymore.
Mostly Asians and Hindu (curse explorers for naming Native Americans Indians, I never know how to call actual Indians, even my own language has a problem with that) playing on phones, so not exactly the audience you'll encounter on mainstream gaming sites.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at local multiplayer games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Unspottable

A simple game of trying to distinguish people from robots, with different mechanics in each lvl.

Unspottable is a competitive couch party game for two to four players. Blend in the crowd of AI characters, hunt down the other players and use the many different environment specific rules to win the game.
"Walk like a robot and punch like a human!"
  • Simple controls: easy to learn, hard to master.
  • Competition based on observation rather than action.
  • Tutorial to explain game mechanics to first time players.
  • Fun feedback. Ragdoll / Endgame nicknames based on stats / Camera shakes / Funny animations and designs.

Griefhelm

An action packed game similar to Nidhog, but with more focus on the combat. Many different secrets, weapons, and armors to unlock.

Griefhelm is an award-winning party game with lethal medieval weaponry. Skewer your friends, deflect their blows, and push your advantage in fast-paced duels. Clash and clang it out in couch co-op or online multiplayer. Find some friends and cut off their heads!

Practice your skills with a challenging, replayable campaign as you uncover the secrets (and the loot) of this strange land. Then battle your own way with or against your friends locally or online. There is no rest for the worthy. Keep your head attached to your neck and claim your eternal reward!
  • Master 4-player online combat!
  • Slay on the same couch with up to 4 people in local multiplayer.
  • Unlock weapons and armor in a lunch-break length campaign, designed to be repeated with new challenges each time.
  • Visually striking art style and hand crafted environments bring the world of Griefhelm to life.

HyperBrawl Tournament

2v2 futuristic american football. Each character and arena are unique and let you wack your enemies in a different way.

HyperBrawl Tournament is an online multiplayer, arcade-style, sports brawler featuring high-adrenaline PvP arena battles for 1-4 players. The universe’s greatest heroes have gathered to compete in a showdown for the ages; the legendary HyperBrawl Tournament! Armed with unique weapons and a thirst for glory.

• Online & local multiplayer: Jump into local or online matches with friends, family or foes from around the world in quick-fire 90 second rounds
  • Master the HyperBrawl: 12 unique arenas spread across the universe each loaded up with dynamic obstacles
  • 7 Game Modes: Single Player Campaign, Arcade, Blitz, Private Match & More!
  • Heavy customization: Customise your hero & team with unique skins, weapons, abilities and more!
  • Controller: Prefer to use a controller when scoring a goal? No problem. Plug in and play!
  • Play how you wish: Play to your strengths with Novice, Pro and Elite difficulty settings

9 Monkeys of Shaolin

A classic beat'em up game focused on adding different weapons and abilities to improve your character(s).

9 Monkeys of Shaolin - marks a true rebirth of the iconic beat 'em up genre in vein of old-school video games. If, as a kid you had hours of fun playing SNES or SEGA beat 'em up videogames crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler REDEEMER is definitely for you!
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng you have to avenge the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village. Game protagonist is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
WD Legion 1080p Benchmarks, no DLSS!, no RTX
And I thought a 3090 would be a good 1440p, Ultra card.
:shrugblob:
Say goodbye to my 1080 Ti. You had a good run. /s

Seriously, what the fuck? Why the optimization is so bad? Why Nvidia still hasn't release an update?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
WD Legion 1080p Benchmarks, no DLSS!, no RTX
Legion is apparently getting a huge performance patch tomorrow. I'm having similar results to a 3090 at 1440p with Ultra RTX with a 3080 so there's clearly something wrong with the game.

---

Speaking of Ubisoft. The 'show key" button is one of the very few good things the Ubisoft launcher has that Steam should also adopt.

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Legion is apparently getting a huge performance patch tomorrow. I'm having similar results to a 3090 at 1440p with Ultra RTX with a 3080 so there's clearly something wrong with the game.

---

Speaking of Ubisoft. The 'show key" button is one of the very few good things the Ubisoft launcher has that Steam should also adopt.
So today's driver release (457.09) are literally useless?

Reactions: MJunioR

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I'm getting about 50-55fps outside in Legion, it sometimes drops a bit when driving really fast. 1440p, Very High settings with shadows turned down a notch. With gsync I don't notice.

Ryzen 1700/1080GTX

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
OUT OF STOCK
This for me regarding any anticipated upcoming electronic products.

Sucks.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Dang...4 years.

I remember when I first learned of this game in...what 2009ish?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Damn, must be the hype but not being able to order a PS5 or the good Xbox stings a bit too much than necessary.

Sometimes I miss consoles. The whole buy a box, insert the disk and play.
yeah I know that usability took a nosedive with mandatory multi gigas patches. And I can‘t afford the console lifestyle anyways.

But I miss them.

Reactions: PC-tan

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019

Looks like they're giving away the prequel comic by Dark Horse that came with launch editions (physical only). The DLC depot is "Free on demand" which is usually free DLC. And of course there's the "Infiltrator Mode". Which is seemingly not a standalone DLC but something they're patching in. Taking it at face value, I assume it's a mode where you play an infiltrator. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I imagine the official announcement will be pretty soon. We'll also find out more about the VR stuff soon, I figure. I'm also hoping that they've made further improvements to the base game in the last 7 months of development.

• Eyes
Reactions: Mor and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Dammit, no Streets of Rage 4 sale.

Also interested in picking up Just Shapes & Beats and Hypospace outlaw as none of them ever has gone on a deeper sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.