Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
So, what to do with all these Steam points? Got like 130k points (a lot thanks to the Deck purchase) and there's nothing interesting to spend them on.

• This!
Reactions: Joe Spangle

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So, what to do with all these Steam points? Got like 130k points (a lot thanks to the Deck purchase) and there's nothing interesting to spend them on.
There is usually new items during major sales so wait if you don't see something you like now.

I've bought some stuff here n there. I think the Village Castle profile is probably the best thing on there. A lot of the retrowave and cyberpunkish stuff is pretty cool too. The upgrades are nice as well for example you can stack feature games showcase on your profile with several more layers and put your fav games on it.

but yea also sitting on 70k points I hope some good stuff comes soon like from Persona5 and spooky Callisto backgrounds or something.

Reactions: Tomasety

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
About that MS Activision legal talk.
As Steam main platform player I prefer it goes ahead. Not for COD games which I don’t care (I only have three of them) but some of the later Activision games missed Steam platform like Crash 4 battlenet exclusive or Tony Hawk being eggsclusive, even one of the COD games I wanted MWF2 remastered campaign missed Steam too.
All these games would have been released on Steam being under MS umbrella.
And if EU (I’m spanish) are worried about monopoly, should take a look on chinese Tencent which seems overlooked by regulatory organizations.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and inky

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah Sony alone has such market ownership here in Europe that those monopoly fears don't make much sense.

Activision/Blizzard are in such shape now that I believe MS owning them will only be a good thing for them.

• Eyes
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
About that MS Activision legal talk.
As Steam main platform player I prefer it goes ahead. Not for COD games which I don’t care (I only have three of them) but some of the later Activision games missed Steam platform like Crash 4 battlenet exclusive or Tony Hawk being eggsclusive, even one of the COD games I wanted MWF2 remastered campaign missed Steam too.
All these games would have been released on Steam being under MS umbrella.
And if EU (I’m spanish) are worried about monopoly, should take a look on chinese Tencent which seems overlooked by regulatory organizations.
Funny thing is that those games are likely to come out on Steam given the recent movement, and let's remember that Crash 4 package has been getting regular activity for the last 3 months (July 15th, 2022 to be more precise), so, yeah. I think it will come.

As for the rest, another reminder, the Activision dev accounts before they went private, they had the same number of owned games and pretty much matches with the released AND unreleased catalog, so, yeah, at the very least, something might be hidden.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
Funny thing is that those games are likely to come out on Steam given the recent movement, and let's remember that Crash 4 package has been getting regular activity for the last 3 months (July 15th, 2022 to be more precise), so, yeah. I think it will come.

As for the rest, another reminder, the Activision dev accounts before they went private, they had the same number of owned games and pretty much matches with the released AND unreleased catalog, so, yeah, at the very least, something might be hidden.
I hope we start getting release dates. My main fear is about licensed games specially Tony Hawk. I hope it doesn’t expire before Steam release, if we ever get it.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Did it even get any GOTY awards anywhere though?
Ubisoft just needs to get eyeballs on the game again. They clearly don't care if the marketing is made up and hollowing out of a term.
Though it may have won some awards from blogs none of us have ever read, so there is a slim chance it's not all hogwash.

• Eyes

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
The Resident Evil games that got the Ray-Tracing update were updated to fix the various issues mentioned by Digital Foundry!

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Judgment and Lost Judgment got trading cards.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

This update also adds the option to link your Steam and PlayStation Network accounts. Doing so in this game, gives you access to the Resilient Suit and Concussive Blast Gadget and you'll be granted 2 skill points. You will also receive the latest news, updates and offers from PlayStation Studios games on PC or PlayStation platforms. Account linking is optional and access to the unlocked items is only available while the accounts are linked. If you already unlocked the items and have acquired the maximum number of skill points, you will not unlock any extras.
Release Notes
  • Added support for Intel XeSS upscaling technology.
  • Updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1.
  • Made changes to address performance degradation when raytracing is enabled.
  • Changed VRAM budgets to allow for more video memory usage.
  • Added Connect to PSN option in the menu.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the screen to turn black when switching to DLAA after DLSS had been set to Ultra Performance mode.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections at low render resolutions when screen space reflections are also enabled.
  • Reduced flicker in ray-traced reflections when DLSS or DLAA is enabled.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections on Intel ARC GPUs.
  • Minor visual fixes for some cinematics in 32:9 aspect ratio.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
The Resident Evil games that got the Ray-Tracing update were updated to fix the various issues mentioned by Digital Foundry!
Neat. I haven't played RE3 yet, maybe I should soon. I wonder if this is all of the main issues? No sharpness slider though, I think I remember oversharpening being mentioned, but maybe with the TAA fixes it won't be a problem anymore.

• Eyes

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

Release Notes
  • Added support for Intel XeSS upscaling technology.
  • Updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1.
  • Made changes to address performance degradation when raytracing is enabled.
  • Changed VRAM budgets to allow for more video memory usage.
  • Added Connect to PSN option in the menu.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the screen to turn black when switching to DLAA after DLSS had been set to Ultra Performance mode.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections at low render resolutions when screen space reflections are also enabled.
  • Reduced flicker in ray-traced reflections when DLSS or DLAA is enabled.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections on Intel ARC GPUs.
  • Minor visual fixes for some cinematics in 32:9 aspect ratio.
Now put it on sale so I can get it!

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Neat. I haven't played RE3 yet, maybe I should soon. I wonder if this is all of the main issues? No sharpness slider though, I think I remember oversharpening being mentioned, but maybe with the TAA fixes it won't be a problem anymore.
RE3 is pretty nice, it doesn't overstay its welcome and gives us another perspective of the events in Racoon from the perspective of Jill who is mostly roaming around the city trying to stay alive. Looks superb and never wore out its welcome.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
I just discovered that Dragon Quest X Offline doesn't launch on steam deck in offline mode, whereas it launches normally when the deck is connected to the Internet.

How ironic. Refunded.
Same happens with R-Type Final 2. I usually share mobile phone data with deck launch the game and then disconnect.
But yeah is ironic being called "Offline" XD.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Very brave of them to ask 8o bucks for it here when the last 5 have been anywhere from mid to awful.

• Eyes

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
RE3 is pretty nice, it doesn't overstay its welcome and gives us another perspective of the events in Racoon from the perspective of Jill who is mostly roaming around the city trying to stay alive. Looks superb and never wore out its welcome.
I would even say it was too short. I wish it was 2-3 hours longer. But yeah, overall a solid game.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I kinda liked its brevity, honestly. If you start playing long RPGs on the side, it's really nice to have a game that doesn't feel the need to add any padding whatsoever.
I definitely think that people look at OG RE3 with rose tinted glasses. R3make (REmak3?) was perfect.

• Eyes

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I kinda liked its brevity, honestly. If you start playing long RPGs on the side, it's really nice to have a game that doesn't feel the need to add any padding whatsoever.
I think the big, big issue is that RE2 came right before... and it does have those 2-3 extra hours that make the game feel more "full".
And it has an eminently more replayable aspect with the second campaign having quite a few differences.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.