Community MetaSteam | October 2023 - Holy moly Snake, is that Tony Hawk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Oh no CroTeam not the stutter...
It did stutter a bit, but I think it's due to traversal stutter. I didn't notice it much inside the puzzle areas. My bigger issue is the strange use of GI, which is super unstable and downright distracting.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It did stutter a bit, but I think it's due to traversal stutter. I didn't notice it much inside the puzzle areas. My bigger issue is the strange use of GI, which is super unstable and downright distracting.
When you reach hub area after first set of puzzles it stutters.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and Mivey

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I wonder if they traded in CroEngine motion sickness for UE motion sickness :thinking-blob: Good thing there' s a demo.

I paid 5 dollars extra for a skating skeleton. Maybe I deserve motion sickness.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

:blobeyes:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
We live in crazy times, we will have two Yakuza games two monts apart from each other, remember when fans had to settle for a digital only release of Y5 after years of begging.
As we say in germany,

After the (yakuza)game is before the (yakuza)game

Hope you were responsible enough to also buy Disgaea 7: Vows of the Virtueless Ultimate Edition for the rock bottom low price of £91.37 like me :/
If you paid 90 quid for a videogame you are definitely Virtueless sorry but i dont make the rules

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Unfortunately Talos 2 demo has few technical issues. Stutter is one, other is strange behavior of GI in some places, very noticeable in section where you attend meeting, some texture work is bit rough for first person game where you get up and close with assets, sometimes pop in is noticeable, way less graphical options than previous games with their own internal engine...

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Although I'm happy to own it on Steam, the idea of redoing some of the secret objectives to get those sick animated decks is... terrifying. It took me hours to get that 22 million point combo on burnside... Roswell was also a nightmare, iirc.

And... this game has reminded me that I really need to return my second elite V2 controller (my skater keeps ollieing when I lightly shift my thumb on the A button... even though I'm still pressing it). It's truly a gigantic POS...

Any controller recs? I'd like reliable and long lasting face buttons...

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm really happy at how the anime turns out. Studio MADHOUSE really nailed pretty much everything that makes the manga great. I'm quite confident to call it the AOTY already, even though we still have 20 more episodes to go.
I hadn't watched the anime yet (in fact, I don't think I've watched any anime yet this year), but I planned to do so when it's done. However, this motivated me to watch the first few episodes. They really did a fantastic job at capturing the mood of the manga, and the VAs are excellent as well.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
THPS1+2 is so good! I bought it on Steam, but only after the news that the game was cracked :shrugblob:

in other news, I was invited to play a "limited throwback event" of Gigantic, and I don't know how to feel about it.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m lazily waking up browsing 8BitDo catalog, and they do have quite an interesting catalog of products.

Random reflexions.
Unfortunate that you have to solder shit to customize the arcade stick, though, ffs.
I suppose they don’t have hall effect pads ?

And I, for one, can’t wait for 8BitDo to discover the Super Famicom and become 16BitDo. Because I’m really not a fan of the Famicom dress.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Why is wanting to play just 1 game so complicated?

I want to play an RPG VX ACE game on my Steam Deck. I was able to play an MV game with no issue.

I try adding the VX ACE game to my library as a non steam game, it tells me that the RPG VX Ace Run time is missing.

I download and set up the run time and move those files to that game folder

I then getting a message saying that he VL Gothic font is missing

I hunt that down VL Gothic and then put it into the game folder

Now I get this whole nasty message saying that it is having all sort of issues.

Okay if that won't work why not try Steam remote play.

BAD BAD idea, The resolution doesn't look nice, Steam remote play does 720p and 900p but not 800p for some reason.

For what ever reason this dev decided that the "A" key is insanely important in this game and didn't map it to any controller button.

Also I can't just remap it since Remote play doesn't work well with non Steam games

I have tried to remap the A button to multiple other buttons on the Steam Deck but it does nothing.

This is all just such a head ache.

I guess my only remaining option is to try using Lintrus?

yeah.....

-----------------------

I was able to fix at least the A key issue and in order to do that I have to manually change the binds on the computer itself that I am remote playing from. Otherwise my Steam Deck will mimic the default of what that computer has as it's binds of what some one with a controller would be able to do in desktop mode on that PC, not the other way around

Last edited:

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
  • Comfy
Reactions: Ge0force

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
They should read Date a Live too
Date A Live is an objectively good series. They have 5 seasons and a movie. If it was trash why would they make 5 seasons of it? Also there is a visual novel to read as well.

I want to buy THPS 1+2 but I don't trust Activision to remove the online-only requirement in the future. But THPS on Steam Deck is veryyyyy tempting.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Date A Live is an objectively good series. They have 5 seasons and a movie. If it was trash why would they make 5 seasons of it? Also there is a visual novel to read as well.

Doesn't SAO also have a lot of seasons and people consider it bad? I am personally not a fan of it.

As for Date A Live I didn't hate it. I watched the first season and half of the second seasons and then just stopped.
-------------------

RIP

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: xinek, Rin and QFNS
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I’m lazily waking up browsing 8BitDo catalog, and they do have quite an interesting catalog of products.

Random reflexions.
Unfortunate that you have to solder shit to customize the arcade stick, though, ffs.
I suppose they don’t have hall effect pads ?

And I, for one, can’t wait for 8BitDo to discover the Super Famicom and become 16BitDo. Because I’m really not a fan of the Famicom dress.
This is from Edin (Discord) who wants to help you:

Hi. You don't need to solder to mod the arcade stick if you just want to replace the buttons and the stick. I have modded both the 8BitDo Switch (+PC) and Xbox (+PC) sticks I bought from them. The Xbox one needs an additional cable you can order from Etsy. Overall I would recommend buying the 8BitDo Switch (+PC) stick since it has bluetooth, is cheaper, and is easier to mod. If you need help with any of this stuff, feel free to reach out to me on Discord.
😄

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Doesn't SAO also have a lot of seasons and people consider it bad? I am personally not a fan of it.

As for Date A Live I didn't hate it. I watched the first season and half of the second seasons and then just stopped.
That was a tounge-in-cheek way of saying Date A Live is trashy. If I had to look at SAO at like a "critics" point of view I'd say it's a pretty trashy series as well. The fairy arc was horrendous but the later seasons are pretty decent. If OP MC saves the world with isn't your jam you aren't going to enjoy it.

They're not amazing anime but they are easy to watch since the concept is very accessible and you don't need to think or focus understand what is going. That's why they have so many seasons, because easy to watch and it sells. It's kinda like the Fast and Furious series, they won't win any Oscars but they're fun to watch if you're into the concept.

So yeah, those series have their good points. Orrrrr maybe I just really enjoy trash.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
That was a tounge-in-cheek way of saying Date A Live is trashy. If I had to look at SAO at like a "critics" point of view I'd say it's a pretty trashy series as well. The fairy arc was horrendous but the later seasons are pretty decent. If OP MC saves the world with isn't your jam you aren't going to enjoy it.

They're not amazing anime but they are easy to watch since the concept is very accessible and you don't need to think or focus understand what is going. That's why they have so many seasons, because easy to watch and it sells. It's kinda like the Fast and Furious series, they won't win any Oscars but they're fun to watch if you're into the concept.

So yeah, those series have their good points. Orrrrr maybe I just really enjoy trash.
The main reason I used SAO was just to talk about how even if something has a lot of seasons that's it doesn't mean it's very good automatically. Yes it has it audience and that's nice for them since they get more story stuff.

I do apologize and I could have gone through a better way of wording that. Me watching it for only 1.5 seasons is actually a good thing. If I thought it was bad I would not have even finished watching the first episode much less follow that 3 episode rule that people have. There have been some anime that I thought was very bad that I just stopped after 10 minutes of watching it.

The funny thing is that if I was reading the manga rather than watching the anime I would maybe have read 1-2 volumes before stopping. When it comes to manga I have a higher tolerance, and if I don't like the manga then I sure as heck am not watching the anime. Even if the anime looks nice than the manga, it won't really change the writing of the series unless it was a massive remake project or something.

Reactions: Vantr

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

One person's trash is another person's treasure!

Status
Not open for further replies.