Community MetaSteam | October - The size of this adventure is spooky

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Sony surrendering Japan's market control to Nintendo will prove fatal in the long run.
They can remedy the situation by pushing a handheld alongside next gen PS6. Make it a companion device like the Deck is to the PC.

They could claw back a lot of the share if the handheld is a hit. The PSP did really well and this time around everything kinda gets reset since Nintendo is launching the Switch 2. They will have to restart their success as the first Switch won't be available anymore.

So Sony launches a handheld around the time Switch 2 only has 20-30million units sold. And Sony can actually directly compete.

Its worth a shot otherwise yea Sony is doomed.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Recently I got filament dryer for my 3D printer and damn that is another gamechanger. I guess I now really need to get that new 3D printer for Christmas xD I mean I already managed to talk myself from buying few games so my promise of not buying anything for the rest of the year is still good.

Also

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Any tips or pre-knowledge I need to know before going into Persona 5 Strikers?
It's a sequel to the original release, not to Royal. So it ignores everything that happens in that extra semester. It's also one of the most impressively dogshit ports I've seen in a while. If you have an intel CPU from the last few years and the game runs like ass, you might need to go into your PC's BIOS to disable the e-cores. It was basically unplayable for me until I figured that out.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Odd question, do y'all turn off your Deck before putting it back into the case?
I never turn mine off, I just put it into sleep mode and leave it in it's sick with the AC adapter plugged in, which I think is supposed to be bad but it does look like Valve has a fail safe for that, so it won't continuously charge it. I think what it does is it charges it but then after a while it just stops and lets some battery drain and then charges again.

edin

Coffee, Controllers, etc
Sep 30, 2024
Odd question, do y'all turn off your Deck before putting it back into the case?
Only the LCD and if I know I won't use it for a few days since the battery life even in standby is horrendous. I usually try and keep both always on / sleep mode since I try to test games on both OLED (stable SteamOS) + LCD (SteamOS beta) for any work purposes.

fearthedawn

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
A lot of games about to be removed from Steam in Germany.

I just had a look at my wishlist and about 2/3 of the games on it do have a german age rating, obviously everything big enough for USK has, but the games that don't seem like a mix not really correlating to anything, many 2024 games don't, some "bigger" indies from Annapurna or Devolver Digital don't, Trails from Zero/Azure don't (while older Trails in the Sky do have it)...

I have to assume some are on purpose, why stick a potentially audience limiting age rating on a game before you have to?

Reactions: lashman

edin

Coffee, Controllers, etc
Sep 30, 2024
I was about to order this last week until discovering it has no hall effect sticks and I recently bought that Wukong 8BitDo which rules for its price. This Hori one had so much potential but it just is worse than any mid tier 8bitdo in every way. Sad.

Hopefully they do one with symmetric sticks + trackpads or just copy the original Steam Controller layout /style.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
While their split pad for the Switch is ok (and really just "ok", nothing great), I am not sure I would want to buy something from Hori if there is any real alternative here. It's kinda sad that Valve seems uninterested in making an actual Steam Controller themselves. Maybe they are working on something, who knows, but it's been two years since the Steam Deck dropped, and if they just wanted something that sticks close to the Steam Deck in shape, it shouldn't be hard to release something by now.

edin

Coffee, Controllers, etc
Sep 30, 2024
no rumble either, apparently

:blobxorcism:
Even more disappointing. I just looked up import prices to me and I could buy 3 8bitdo ultimate c controllers for the price of this. From Hori's PC/Steam-specific lineup, the Hori Windows PC RAP V I bought (my photo below) is amazing though. Got it for just for fighting games and shmups on Steam Deck.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
While their split pad for the Switch is ok (and really just "ok", nothing great), I am not sure I would want to buy something from Hori if there is any real alternative here. It's kinda sad that Valve seems uninterested in making an actual Steam Controller themselves. Maybe they are working on something, who knows, but it's been two years since the Steam Deck dropped, and if they just wanted something that sticks close to the Steam Deck in shape, it shouldn't be hard to release something by now.
yeah, i'd kill for a proper steam controller v2

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
it's the same picture, but now she has a nicer makeup. Don't be stingy, give Sony that 10$ so that lady from a hunter-gatherer society can afford some quality eyeliner.

Any Steam deck bros try the demo on it? Performance ok?
It can hold kinda cling to 30. On PC you get a big boost when turning off AO, that might help, hadn't tried that.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
With Humble choice having a coupon this month for it, i'm tempted to get Metaphor day 1

I've been told it's meh, but in general the port itself has been meh. ATLUS said they would look at the port in general since they have heard people complain about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 「Echo」

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
With Humble choice having a coupon this month for it, i'm tempted to get Metaphor day 1

Even with that code it's still cheaper on CD keys.

Game holds a pretty solid 30fps in dungeons but performance in the city is bad. IQ is pretty bad as well, lots of aliasing.
I'm confident it can be patched to a better state though.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Metaphor may be the game to finally hook me from ATLUS. I tried multiple times with Persona but the setting did nothing for me, I love fantasy though.

However, wtf is this PC performance?
Disable the AO (which gives perf increases of up to 30% for some ungodly reason) and install Special K. That fixes all of it. Not sure if that helps for weaker hardware, though

Reactions: QFNS

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I played the demo maxed out at 1080p with a 8.5 year old PC and didn't have a bad experience. Sometime I honestly think my PC was built by the gods themselves.
The resolution you are playing at is probably the major factor here. I have an old PC too and tend to not have as severe of performance issues as some folks have due to playing at 1080p versus 1440/4k/ultrawide/etc.

Although more and more, I am hitting against a minimum requirements wall these days.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Dec 5, 2018
I played the demo maxed out at 1080p with a 8.5 year old PC and didn't have a bad experience. Sometime I honestly think my PC was built by the gods themselves.
It comes down to what you consider "good" and "bad", but the main issue is that in certain areas (mostly the desert area, and parts of the city) the game has wild jumps (like dropping 30 frames for no apparent reason) but some people notice that more than others.
Also if at any moment you changed the render scale the game will disable AO for some reason (despite saying it's on).

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Metaphor may be the game to finally hook me from ATLUS. I tried multiple times with Persona but the setting did nothing for me, I love fantasy though.

However, wtf is this PC performance?
I will watch the game on YT
  • No performance problems
  • not paying 70€
  • no buyer's remorse when the Empires Edition or whatever it will be called comes out next year.