Community MetaSteam | October - The size of this adventure is spooky

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
  • No performance problems
  • not paying 70€
  • no buyer's remorse when the Empires Edition or whatever it will be called comes out next year.
Same reasons why I am not picking it up at launch.

Impressions seem good from those who have finished the demo so I hope it will deliver.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kyougar

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Cheers, I've got a 4090/5800x3D but it was like 48 in the desert area with the enemies at the start lol
I have a 78003D, but the game is not CPU heavy, so we should have the same performance. Make sure you don't have 200% oversampling on, as it's set by default. 8K will just butcher perf for no reason and disable AO. That should give you 100+ already, and then SpecialK for decent framepacing.
I will watch the game on YT
You forgot
  • Not actually playing any game but staring at some nerd for 100 hours play it.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Who said I was not playing any game? The lets play will be on the second monitor.
If that's enjoyable to you, then you do you. A story heavy game to me is something gripping and interesting, with my full attention on it.
Also, on key stores you can get Metaphor for quite a bit cheaper than on Steam. I paid under 60$ for it.

Reactions: edin and QFNS

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
If that's enjoyable to you, then you do you. A story heavy game to me is something gripping and interesting, with my full attention on it.
Also, on key stores you can get Metaphor for quite a bit cheaper than on Steam. I paid under 60$ for it.
60 bucks is still 50 bucks to much for a game that will be incomplete in a year or two.
I learned my lessons with Persona 4 and 5 which I paid for two times.

And it's Atlus, I will understand the story just fine while I play my forevergames on the other monitor (4X, Simulations, MMO's strategy, etc.)

I will buy and play it when it's complete. I have played Persona 4 and 5 three times.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
Well if Metaphor ends up getting some enhanced edition down the line then I won't feel too bad about it since I was able to take advantage of the greenmangaming pricing error that happened back in June.

Reactions: edin

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Supposedly Atlus future strategy is to do expansion passes like P3R instead of the revamped editions (except for SMTV which was stuck to a single platform), but if they'll really do this or not remains to be seen.

Reactions: Kyougar

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Supposedly Atlus future strategy is to do expansion passes like P3R instead of the revamped editions (except for SMTV which was stuck to a single platform), but if they'll really do this or not remains to be seen.
A Switch 2 version of Metaphor with new content is highly probable, imo. The question is whether they will add back the new content as DLC to the original game. Personally I have no trust in them because (1) Metaphor likely entered into development before Persona 3 Reload and (2) the demo runs like a dumpster fire so adding DLC and tweaks back to the original game may be a huge ask to their programmers :suicide-blob: (to be fair I know nothing about game development so maybe this can be done relatively easy?)

Reactions: PC-tan and Kyougar

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Anyone know if the Horizon upgrade is time limited?

I remember wanting to eventually upgrade Dark Souls Remastered but they removed their upgrade path and missed it.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Horizon Zero Dawn not available for purchase on Steam anymore. Great job Sony...
Its still available in my region?

It shows up only as a bundle with the new game for the same price. IDK why you wouldn't buy both if its just the price of the one.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Its still available in my region?

It shows up only as a bundle with the new game for the same price. IDK why you wouldn't buy both if its just the price of the one.
It's not available in those 175 regions that Sony blocked.

Reactions: QFNS
Dec 5, 2018
A Switch 2 version of Metaphor with new content is highly probable, imo.
Depends, if it launches next year or as a launch title I doubt it (beyond maybe giving you the deluxe edition dlc built in). If it launches in say 2-3 years it wouldn't be that surprising.

At least in USD, this doesn't seem to be the case for me. $67 on CD-K, $55 on Humble after 20% off. :thinking-face:
Yes, the EU keys are cheaper (~36% discount), but the US keys are more expensive (~17% discount).

Last edited:

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
it's the same picture, but now she has a nicer makeup. Don't be stingy, give Sony that 10$ so that lady from a hunter-gatherer society can afford some quality eyeliner.

Which one is which? Left hand side seems better to me.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I always thought I would love 2D pixel art in 3D world... but I kind of dont like it at all.o_O
For me it depends, I really like how DQ3 HD-2D looks, and for an older example, I also like how the Trails in the Sky trilogy looks.
I'm not a fan of the exaggerated post processing effects of Octopath Traveler though (I especially don't like depth of field and vignette effects on these kinds of games).

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
All those Bloober haters can go play in traffic now.
Did any one really hate them? Their old games are pretty goofy at times. I loved the original Layers of Fears and their more recent Blair Witch game, but they are super janky and that's going to be a turn off for many people.

It's great that they managed to make a AAA game and delivered on some pretty high expectations. But it is clear that this game is a step or two above their previous works in terms of polish and production values.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Did any one really hate them? Their old games are pretty goofy at times. I loved the original Layers of Fears and their more recent Blair Witch game, but they are super janky and that's going to be a turn off for many people.

It's great that they managed to make a AAA game and delivered on some pretty high expectations. But it is clear that this game is a step or two above their previous works in terms of polish and production values.
Yes. When it was both rumored and announced that they were making SH2, a lot of people on ERA and Twitter acted like Bloober killed their families in front of them.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Yes. When it was both rumored and announced that they were making SH2, a lot of people on ERA and Twitter acted like Bloober killed their families in front of them.
Well, people feel strongly about the old game and it wasn't unreasonable to expect Blooper to make another janky title. It's great that they managed to beat those expectations, though. Ultimately, both Era and Xitter (pronounced "shitter") are tiny, tiny places that do not represent much of anything and shouldn't be taken very seriously. Just as opinions here are hardly representative of the whole wide world.

On less depressing news: Just received my Until Dawn keys from Gamesplanet! Looking forward to some slasher horror this weekend.

• Eyes
Reactions: edin and Kal1m3r0

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
I have a 78003D, but the game is not CPU heavy, so we should have the same performance. Make sure you don't have 200% oversampling on, as it's set by default. 8K will just butcher perf for no reason and disable AO. That should give you 100+ already, and then SpecialK for decent framepacing.

You forgot
  • Not actually playing any game but staring at some nerd for 100 hours play it.
Oh, it was on 200% haha

Cheers mate

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
Metaphor may be the game to finally hook me from ATLUS. I tried multiple times with Persona but the setting did nothing for me, I love fantasy though.

However, wtf is this PC performance?
This post actually made me bother to even check out what the game was and I'm actually somewhat interested now. As someone who finds Persona off putting as a whole, I just saw it was an Atlus game and ignored it..

It may still go past my low anime BS tolerance lines but oh well onto the wishlist it goes for now.

Reactions: QFNS and Lashley

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Horizon Zero Dawn was unplayable when I bought it at launch. I got to a point in the story where it crashed every time so I could not progress the story. They shouldn't be charging original customers for a remaster.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Ubisoft made their bed and now they're laying in it
I really don't know what their plan was in the long run. I guess their biggest shock was realizing that even the most die hard customers have a limit of how much they're willing to spend on 8/10 and 7/10 games, no matter the promise of future updates and content. Especially when customers realized they could just wait a few months and get them for much cheaper