Community MetaSteam | October - The size of this adventure is spooky

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I really wonder will we see RDR Remaster on PC this year. It would be nice to get it in December XD

• Toucan
Reactions: yuraya

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
My spare time seeing Silent Hill 2 and Metaphor scoring as well as they do:

Silent Hill 2 will be fairly short. The original was around 8 hours. Even if the new game doubles the runtime, that's still just 16.
But yeah, Meat-aphor will be a lengthy game.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Damn. AssCreed Valhalla + Mirage base game bundle 20€ with discount code... should I grab it... Ubistore though.

Last edited:

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
It's funny people thought this year would have been "mid" because all heavy hitters released in 2023 or 2022
And here we are in early October and this is probably going to be the most surprising GOTY award season in years, with new contenders appearing out of thin air every week

Reactions: Cacher

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Won the P3R expansion on Era. This really made my day.
This and the announcement of the Alien Isolation sequel.
Best Monday ever.
Atlus cooked up a GOTY.

Honestly it isn't surprising at all. The first time they showed off this game you just knew it was going to be special.
On the poll they had on Era I voted for a score between 90-94. Had no doubt after playing the demo.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Having a lot of fun with Until Dawn. Hit Chapter 8 today, and nearing the finale. Some nice reveals in this one, took my by surprise a few times.

Visually great. The remake does a good job (for the most part) to hide the PS4 origins. It's just in a few moments that one can tell they didn't really upgrade the models beyond texture and effects like hair/fur. So the low-poly originals are there, which comes across in how the models move and when they hold certain objects, etc. But I suppose changing the models too much would have meant re-rigging and perhaps even redoing all animations, and in a game like that that's hardly feasible.

Still, having a good time so far. Hope the ending does not disappoint.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Finished Silent Hill 2 before the standard edition peasants even got a chance to download it.
Your poverty makes me sick,

Anyways,

Already wrote down my thoughts earlier, and nothing really changed much about them.
Only the last boss was fairly janky overall if you tried to melee it (which i had to eventually as i ran out of ammunition).

A really, really amazing remake all around.
I did like how they expanded a few segments a little, like turning fairly benign bossfights into a bit more of a setpiece.

One thing that will always be a bit weak about it, is that Playstation 2 Horror Games had a very, very particular eerie atmosphere to them that modern games just can't replicate. Something that strongly comes to mind due to there being a direct comparison to one in this case.

The mix of fixed camera angles, low bitrate sounds, graphics just good enough to still leave a lot to imagination, the slightly exaggerated animations etc.
I feel AAA horror games of today will never reach this ne sais quoi.

The cutscene direction really is incredible tho, some shots really got me thinking what Kojima would have done with this series.

Also, the new Yamaoka OST got me WHEEZING when those scenes happened

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Finished Silent Hill 2 before the standard edition peasants even got a chance to download it.
Your poverty makes me sick,

Anyways,

Already wrote down my thoughts earlier, and nothing really changed much about them.
Only the last boss was fairly janky overall if you tried to melee it (which i had to eventually as i ran out of ammunition).

A really, really amazing remake all around.
I did like how they expanded a few segments a little, like turning fairly benign bossfights into a bit more of a setpiece.

One thing that will always be a bit weak about it, is that Playstation 2 Horror Games had a very, very particular eerie atmosphere to them that modern games just can't replicate. Something that strongly comes to mind due to there being a direct comparison to one in this case.

The mix of fixed camera angles, low bitrate sounds, graphics just good enough to still leave a lot to imagination, the slightly exaggerated animations etc.

The cutscene direction really is incredible tho, some shots really got me thinking what Kojima would have done with this series.

Also, the new Yamaoka OST got me WHEEZING when those scenes happened
Sounds great. I agree on the comment about AAA games, but there is plenty in the indie space that can channel old PS2/PS1 era horror quite effectively.
How long did it take you to finish the remake?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Sounds great. I agree on the comment about AAA games, but there is plenty in the indie space that can channel old PS2/PS1 era horror quite effectively.
How long did it take you to finish the remake?
16 hours on Hard, savegame says 12 hours (it excludes your deaths i imagine)

• Bonk
Reactions: lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Metaphor looks interesting, but it's $94CAD for the standard edition. It's a JRPG, so there is a good chance I'll never finish it... and Veilguard is out in couple of weeks so I guess I'll be holding off for now!

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
Got my hands on Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero on PC, and honestly, they need to patch this game. The 60FPS lock that they have physically slows down the game when you can't reach that target (they're using Unreal Engine's FixedFramerate option which nobody really uses outside fighting games, not even DBZ Kakarot used it), the HDR support is busted (it's extremely washed out), there's shader compilation stutter (It's using Unreal Engine 5.1.1 and nothing recent enough that fixes it), and this is before getting to the lack of ultrawide support. Lowering the graphics options does next to nothing for performance for me.

Can't refund it because I bought it from GMG. If I can't play it on my Steam Deck, then I'm gonna be very upset.

A $100 game should not have any of these issues.

EDIT: Just got the game installed on my Steam Deck. Strangely enough the game doesn't have black bars with anything narrower than 16:9. I noticed this when I saw that there was a strange issue with Master Roshi's ultimate kamehameha and how the top and bottom were expanded.

But from my time playing on the Steam Deck, no, it's not a stable 60FPS, and the game's speed does slow down using default settings.
If the game didn't have the slowdown issue, you probably could cap it at 40 or 50 and have it stable.

Reason: Steam Deck notes
Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Man Remnant 2 is goood. I bought choice this month which is usually expensive cause usually only would redeem 2 but this one 6 redeemed. Just wish I had 5$ more in my PP so I could actually get the DLC for R2.

HB doesn't have regional pricing so yea guess I have to wait a month+ since no idea when next sale.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hektor

The movie was good. I heard some people tearey eyed.

I feel like reading the oneshot now.

Also the interview was funny. The director talked about how the movie was shown in the EU and he saw the crowd reaction. Then he went to LA to see the crowd reaction there and it was even bigger.

So for those of you guys in the EU that enjoy watching movie, I don't suggest you watch movies in the US unless you want to experience what ever you guys likely see in marvel movies because the crowd can get crazy and loud at times. Especially when comedy is shown.

During the movie chainsaw Man stuff was shown a d people were laughing (not just a few by the way)

PS there was even a baby in the crowd but the baby didn't make a lot of noise, minus when sad stuff happens, in which case the baby crying actually fit what was going on.

Do I recommend Look Back? Yes. Was it short? Kinda it was rather short but not really. The movie was set to start at 7 but there was 21 minutes worth of ads/previews that played before the actual movie started.

By the way if you like Look Back take a look at Free Draw. Years from now a lot of people will have forgotten that it even existed but it's pretty good series.

PS bachi the rock was also being shown at the same time and I think they actually cancelled that showing since no one was buying tickets for it .... I guess that shows wasn't that good after all.

And they added a second showing of Look Back for the same day.

Reactions: lashman and Gintaro

Yuno

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway

Humble Games is partnering with the newly formed Good Games Group, a new indie game publishing company headed by former Humble Games Leaders Alan Patmore and Mark Nash, to further support previously released titles. This partnership aims to work with developers to continue reaching and delighting gamers worldwide.
Hmmm

• Doubt
Reactions: lashman and PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Hmmm
So they let go of their indie publishing branch only to partner with an indie publishing branch? Did they just want to be less financial responsible or something? Was it just costing them too much money and this will somehow end up letting them do something similar but with less of a financial loss?

Yuno

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
So they let go of their indie publishing branch only to partner with an indie publishing branch? Did they just want to be less financial responsible or something? Was it just costing them too much money and this will somehow end up letting them do something similar but with less of a financial loss?
Looks like its the same people even.
Their website says "A new venture from the team behind Humble Games"

• Toucan
Reactions: PC-tan

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Having a lot of fun with Until Dawn. Hit Chapter 8 today, and nearing the finale. Some nice reveals in this one, took my by surprise a few times.
Did you befriend the wolf? ?

Bingo. This guy gets it. 👏

Thats why I'm getting a modded PS2 this year.

Last edited:

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
PS bachi the rock was also being shown at the same time and I think they actually cancelled that showing since no one was buying tickets for it .... I guess that shows wasn't that good after all.
It's also the fact its just a compilation movie of the tv series so yeah theres not much reason to watch it unless you are a big fan of the series

Reactions: PC-tan

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
there's shader compilation stutter (It's using Unreal Engine 5.1.1 and nothing recent enough that fixes it)
About the shader compilation stutters, seems like it's possible to use these settings in the following file:
C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Local\SparkingZERO\Saved\Config\Windows\engine.ini

[/script/engine.engine]
bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile=True

[SystemSettings]
niagara.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=1
I haven't tried it myself yet though, I can only check it out tonight after work.

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Don't skip the GOAT....

I have been stuck in the last chapter of Yakuza 0 for three years. :ROFLMAO: Very intrigued by Y7 and Y8. However, on one hand, skipping games of a franchise (with continuous storyline) makes me feel uncomfortable. On the other hand, I don't really like the combat and random encounters of traditional Yakuza games, so I have difficulty continued playing. One day, one day...

Among the big releases in 2024 I want to play SMTV Vengeance the most. I may grab it during the upcoming winter sale. For now the focus is backlog. Planning to start Xenosaga 1 after finishing DQ5.

• Eyes
Reactions: edin and lashman

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Got my hands on Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero on PC, and honestly, they need to patch this game. The 60FPS lock that they have physically slows down the game when you can't reach that target (they're using Unreal Engine's FixedFramerate option which nobody really uses outside fighting games, not even DBZ Kakarot used it), the HDR support is busted (it's extremely washed out), there's shader compilation stutter (It's using Unreal Engine 5.1.1 and nothing recent enough that fixes it), and this is before getting to the lack of ultrawide support. Lowering the graphics options does next to nothing for performance for me.

Can't refund it because I bought it from GMG. If I can't play it on my Steam Deck, then I'm gonna be very upset.

EDIT: Just got the game installed on my Steam Deck. Strangely enough the game doesn't have black bars with anything narrower than 16:9. I noticed this when I saw that there was a strange issue with Master Roshi's ultimate kamehameha and how the top and bottom were expanded.

But from my time playing on the Steam Deck, no, it's not a stable 60FPS, and the game's speed does slow down using default settings.
If the game didn't have the slowdown issue, you probably could cap it at 40 or 50 and have it stable.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
About the shader compilation stutters, seems like it's possible to use these settings in the following file:

C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Local\SparkingZERO\Saved\Config\Windows\engine.ini

[/script/engine.engine]
bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile=True

[SystemSettings]
niagara.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=1
I haven't tried it myself yet though, I can only check it out tonight after work.
Users are reporting in the community hub that this line results in crashes:
D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=1

But the other 2 lines work fine.
Some are also saying that just bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile=True is enough to deal with the shader compilation stutters and the other lines aren't needed?

Reactions: edin

edin

Coffee, Controllers, etc
Sep 30, 2024

I know there's an INI edit fix for the slowdown tied to 60fps, but it is surprising that they pulled this in 2024. I'll probably wait on continuing until this is addressed.