STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Dec 5, 2018
RDR 1 on PC finally Mor spindoctor
In collaboration with Double Eleven, this new version adds PC-specific enhancements including native 4K resolution at up to 144hz on compatible hardware, monitor support for both Ultrawide (21:9) and Super Ultrawide (32:9), HDR10 support, and full keyboard and mouse functionality.

There’s also support for NVIDIA DLSS 3.7 and AMD FSR 3.0 upscaling technologies, NVIDIA DLSS Frame Generation, adjustable draw distances, shadow quality settings, and more

nofuckinidea

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Gaming is finally healing only 2 bastions are missing from that era on PC

• Gears Collection
  • MGS4

I choose to believe
I think both will be released on PC within the next two years. Gears Collection to complete the franchise ahead of E-Day on PC and MGS 4 in Vol.2.

It's a shame that MS is taking so long with Gears. It is, after all, one of their most popular franchises.

I want Top Spin 2 and PGR 3 & 4. But that will never happen...

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Talking about Silent Hill. I live by the coats and it can get foggy. For the last 2 days it's been insanely foggy and it felt like the stuff you see in silent Hill.

Will Konami also have Silent Hill 1 be remade?

I will definitely pick up RDR1 at some point for now I'm more focused on Metaphor.

Also I'm happy that those team members were able to convince Konami to release the remake on PC.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Looks like the Valhalla achievements are now live.

They won't add them to Fenyx Rising I bet since it's a dead franchise.

Sad.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Valhalla (the actual game) was not updated for the achievements (as you can see from its depot on steamdb), the achievements simply work through UbiCon. AKA there is no need to go back and update past games, they just need to use UbiCon to retroactively unlock achievements on your connected Steam account. It just takes a small team to add them to all their past games
They most likely started with ACV because it has the highest sales among their recent titles, and Mirage is directly connected to it. I expect all their games who already support achievements on Connect to receive similar updates over the next months

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Gaming is finally healing only 2 bastions are missing from that era on PC

• Gears Collection
  • MGS4

I choose to believe
MGS4 is all but confirmed at this point. If it doesn't end up being in Master Collection Vol. 2, I'll assume they ran into some kind of huge showstopper during the porting process.

Still waiting on that Gears collection, though... It's one of those things that's been hinted at for so long that at this point it feels like all the "leakers" that mentioned it had to have been full of shit...

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Valhalla (the actual game) was not updated for the achievements (as you can see from its depot on steamdb), the achievements simply work through UbiCon. AKA there is no need to go back and update past games, they just need to use UbiCon to retroactively unlock achievements on your connected Steam account. It just takes a small team to add them to all their past games
They most likely started with ACV because it has the highest sales among their recent titles, and Mirage is directly connected to it. I expect all their games who already support achievements on Connect to receive similar updates over the next months
This is what made their "achievements won't be supported for this title" BS so fucking baffling. The game already had them, literally all they had to do was add the calls to the Steam API, which I have to assume doesn't take very long. I'm still convinced there is/was someone high up at Ubi that has some kind of asinine grudge against Valve or Steam. lol

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The atmosphere in Silent Hill (at least early on so far) is fantastic.

My plate is however quickly filling up with SH2, Metahphor and Diablo 4: Vessel of Hatres (Blizz PR was nice enough to send me a code for it).

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Yeah I know they didn't have to update the game to make that stuff go, not surprising either.
I suppose hope springs eternal and I admire your optimism, but it's still Ubisoft we are talking about after all.

edit:
Someone really smart, handsome and humble person said back in dec 2022 (time flies):
I just can't imagine they nuked all the steam hooks from their engine/pipeline/whatever when they got that Epic money. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the work required for steam achievements was just adding them to the steam backend, but they just don't give a shit.

Last edited:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
About the shader compilation stutters, seems like it's possible to use these settings in the following file:

C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Local\SparkingZERO\Saved\Config\Windows\engine.ini

[/script/engine.engine]
bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile=True

[SystemSettings]
niagara.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=1
I haven't tried it myself yet though, I can only check it out tonight after work.
Users are reporting in the community hub that this line results in crashes:
D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=1

But the other 2 lines work fine.
Some are also saying that just bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile=True is enough to deal with the shader compilation stutters and the other lines aren't needed?
Unfortunately these settings did nothing for me, I guess the users that tried this already had the shaders cached, so they thought these settings fixed the problem.
Ah well, doesn't seem like the game has alot to compile anyway.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Man Remnant 2 is goood.
Started playing it today but didn't like the first area with it's invisible toxic walls and enemies that spawn out of the soil behind your back. I hope the rest of the game is better, story and graphics are superb!
I see that Until Dawn Remake bombed.
Good. Sony can f*ck off with their €70 singleplayer games with mandatory PSN login.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Played Until Dawn on PS4. Great game, but not something I would replay and especially not for that price. Call me when it's 20 euros and then maybe we'll talk.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Incredible that Rockstar finally did the thing lol.

Assholes really couldn't do this 5-10 years ago huh

But man this month has so many releases. Where to get the $$$ and time for all these games :anguished-face:

Watch The Veilguard get good reviews too :sweaty-blob:

• Sweating
  • Eyes
Reactions: edin and lashman

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
lmao there's this f2p game called Supermarket Together. It's a coop game you can play with friends that's fun enough on it's own but game changing with the £3 dlc.

With the in-game computer you can use watch4gether to play youtube vids synced with your friends on the shop TVs whilst you use the in-game emotes to dance on the shopping tills as you make your slaves AI workers man the checkouts

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I like how in Animal Well my DS4 controller makes little fizzzp noises and wobbles going through grass etc.

Not sure if I've played a game that has ever done that.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I put nearly 400h in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous AMA

After all this time I still don't know what's worse, the Pathfinder system and it's endless amount of unfun mechanics (looking at you level and ability drain, a heartfelt fuck you), the illusion of choice related to all the game balancing that makes 80% of all spells and feats useless or purposefully harmful for any build, or the obfuscation surrounding all the rng and how on average your draws are always a bit worse than the AI's resulting in some frustrating failures by your characters and miraculous successes by the enemies.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

After all this time I still don't know what's worse, the Pathfinder system and it's endless amount of unfun mechanics (looking at you level and ability drain, a heartfelt fuck you), the illusion of choice related to all the game balancing that makes 80% of all spells and feats useless or purposefully harmful for any build, or the obfuscation surrounding all the rng and how on average your draws are always a bit worse than the AI's resulting in some frustrating failures by your characters and miraculous successes by the enemies.
I have still to play it... that doesnt sound like an endorsement? I might play it on easy, or story mode, Im almost 50(in 5 years) ! I dont have hard modes in games, or even normal modes in games in me anymore.XD

edin

Coffee, Controllers, etc
Sep 30, 2024
Recent SteamOS (I think) bug where you can take 100 screenshots in a single gaming session but the media gallery only lists the last 4-5 for said game is beyond annoying. Hope it gets fixed soon. Also Steam Remote Play Together remains fun to use to test out games with local co-op only.

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019

I play 23 hours and I could not take the game anymore :(

Their other game - Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader was on sale recently and I was debating whether to buy the base game. In the end I did not purchase cause their previous games was too buggy/draggy for me