Community MetaSteam | October - The size of this adventure is spooky

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
It's nice that Supermassive's first game is now on PC. Always wanted to check out more of their games, and starting with Until Dawn seems like the best place to start.
Sorry to be partypooper, but please play the original if you can,
this remake alters lot of artistic choices for the worst. I'm not even talking about the "updated models"

They changed the camera, which ruins the excellent execution of horror and tone of PS4 original.

Not just that, they changed the time-of-day, which is nonsensical if you follow the plot.

Remake/reimagining tend to make not-great changes, but they are generally excusable.
Changes here detract the horror, in a horror game.

I got Until Dawn on PS4 years ago for like $10 or something through some Amazon.com black friday sale and still haven't booted it up lol.
Of the choice making adventure games, its on top tier.
And since its OG, it doesn't have the heinous changes of the "remake".
My thoughts :-

One positive thing I've heard about is it's respectful depiction of Islam.
The in-game music stops when ritualistic prayers begin, that is very very good.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Not just that, they changed the time-of-day, which is nonsensical if you follow the plot.
No it isn't. They arrive in the late evening, just around dusk, you see that the sun is still up when they arrive. After Chapter 2 it is dark again. I will not look at videos since they surely contain spoilers, but if I remember, I will go back and look at the videos you posted once I am done.

I am having fun and I am not going to bother playing a PS4 version when I have a great looking PC game on my machine.