Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I hope Greedfall is good but I also hoped Mars War Logs, Bound by Flame and Technomancher would be good and they just felt like Bioware games if they took the best bits out and concentrated on the boring bits. Less cratfing systems, more story and character please.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
I hope Greedfall is good but I also hoped Mars War Logs, Bound by Flame and Technomancher would be good and they just felt like Bioware games if they took the best bits out and concentrated on the boring bits. Less cratfing systems, more story and character please.
I gotta say, what I've heard about the crafting system in terms of outfits sounds kinda cool though.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I also followed their previous games before launch, especially Technomancer. However, my anticipation was simply fallen apart leading up to release, especially when they finally shown gameplay videos and clips. Greedfall is different, I've seen a lot of videos, even a livestream from someone who's got an early copy. And I'm still looking forward to it.

Reactions: Samson

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah the arguments thrown are so dumb. If you like it more fine, just leave it at that rather than try to make it some objective truth about the game being worse.

Tons of (true, C, not J) RPGs were first person before the tech was even very viable for such 3D shenanigans.

I'm glad we're getting games like Cyberpunk and Vampire now. Even Elder Scrolls third person has been so tacked on and worse it baffles me how popular it is.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Seeing people losing their minds over the Cyberpunk, no third-person scenes thing is kind of hilarious. I don't want to blame consoles too much here, but I think too many people are used to console JRPGs and don't realize that immersive sims exist on PC.
Aren't the modern Deus Ex games have 3rd person cinematics even though they're immersive sims? While the rage is indeed ridiculous, I think it's still a fair complaint

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
For a game that has so much customisation and where looking cool is an integral part, only seeing your character in cover or in mirrors is disappointing.

Reactions: Dandy

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Aren't the modern Deus Ex games have 3rd person cinematics even though they're immersive sims? While the rage is indeed ridiculous, I think it's still a fair complaint
  • Just because there's one immersive game that worked with 3rd person doesn't mean that game couldn't have been improved or more immersive with a 1st person perspective.
  • Deus Ex didn't really light up the charts (the second one especially). It's pretty legit for CDPR to think that their game might be better off chasing a different style.
  • Immersive sims (Deus Ex, Prey, Dishonored, etc) often have had fixed protagonists with non-customizable visuals. I may be misremembering, but I seem to recall that a game like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided only had a few outfit options, two types of trench coats and two types of armor, and they were DLC exclusive anyways. So I don't see what the point of making that comparison would be anyways, since I doubt anyone (or at least very few people) would trade for a fixed protagonist with no customization and 3rd-person cameras.
I dunno, I enjoy my share of third-person RPGs too, but this furor seems to be mostly coming from people who don't actually play immersive sims or RPGs, or possibly from people who are looking to rage against the circlejerk that CDPR had been getting since TW3's release.

Yeah, so we "lost out" on the ability to see your outfit that a lot of "RPGs" have. You're also gaining a level of customization in terms of things like attributes, character perks, gameplay and dialogue choices that's far above what most of those games have too. I feel like people are completely missing the forest for the tree here with all these "What's the point of customizing my character then?" question. They literally told us last year (unless I missed them retracting this!): “The way you dress, the way you customize your character, we want the world to respond to these things.”

The character customization in C2077 serves the sim. It's not there for you to ogle at how V's ass looks in those jeans, it's there for the in-game world to ogle at how V's ass looks in those jeans and react accordingly.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The weebs in me want a Macross game on PC
It does exist.

There's even a fan translation for it.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
It does exist.

This is the real Macross game:

Reactions: 「Echo」 and Kvik

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
It does exist.

I mean something like this

This is the real Macross game:

Holy shit.

Reactions: Samson

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I'm about 4 hrs in, and I think I've hit my limit with Celeste. It's incredibly well made, but the platforming can get frustrating.
I thought you could pick cheats in Celeste and get through the annoying parts. Does it not really work that way? I've never played it.

Reactions: Wok

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Not even a day and we're six pages deep already... That's a lot of reading to catch up on!

I'm excited for Gears 5, AI: The Somnium Files, and Code Vein of course. But well, don't think I can afford any of them this month lol. Too much to save up for honestly.

I mean my latest posts in the previous thread were about a nintendo switch game being my GOTY, a gacha mobile game and a PS4 game
That's what I thought too, and looking at the amount of anime and jokes being posted around, I don't think my posts were that off the mark? :bowblob:
Meh, no matter what anyone says this here Steam thread and every one before it is just a big pile of whatever. People discuss and mention all kinds of things here. One time, in April I think? We had a bunch of posts about dentistry after I shattered one of my molars lol.

Anime memes aside, the only stuff people don't really wanna read about here is Era and EGS drama. (y)

One of my highly anticipated 2020 release.

(Thanks, Pringles)
Heck yes! Seems the UI could use some work though, especially with how many drinks and ingredients there are now, it seems like it could get quite tedious. :thinking-face:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
My ps4 has been in dire need of cleaning for months but i think it is high time i did take it to a shop because it is making an odd noise now...

Reactions: MJunioR

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Guess what, Epic updated it's EGS roadmap and when they updated it they got rid of the ETA for upcoming features.

Also Subverse will no longer have an Early Access release, it will still have a closed beta for some backers though.

Also did Epic really release a pre-load feature for games?

Reactions: lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Just a reminder (Unless my time math is off)

That it's pretty close to being up for people to sign up for the free trial month for Uplay+ the ubisoft monthly thing giving you access to all their garbage, but they're doing their trial thing. Just a heads up either way

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
What a luxurious problem to have but last several weeks are absolutely been packed with good games.
Remnant - Fire Emblem - Control - Astral Chain
And next week we got Blasphemous and GreedFall coming up, for the former I can give seal of quality thanks to the great demo.
How is one supposed to have time for these all? And isnt Borderlands 3 and new Zelda game coming to Switch soon too?

Reactions: 「Echo」

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
What a luxurious problem to have but last several weeks are absolutely been packed with good games.
Remnant - Fire Emblem - Control - Astral Chain
And next week we got Blasphemous and GreedFall coming up, for the former I can give seal of quality thanks to the great demo.
How is one supposed to have time for these all? And isnt Borderlands 3 and new Zelda game coming to Switch soon too?
Another Zelda? Like a spin-off or something? No way it's a totally new thing right? The dev-cycle for Zelda games is way longer I thought?

Reactions: Kuro

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
Another Zelda? Like a spin-off or something? No way it's a totally new thing right? The dev-cycle for Zelda games is way longer I thought?
HD remake of old one, one with the clay-like graphics.
Link's Awakening, September 20th, so yeah that's damn soon too.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
HD remake of old one, one with the clay-like graphics.
Link's Awakening, September 20th, so yeah that's damn soon too.
It's just a remake of links awakening. Still, it's seems great!
Ah okies, looks nice! If any Zelda needed a remake I suppose it was that one lol.

The art and heavy DoF reminds me a lot of World of Final Fantasy, and honestly, I'd love more games to try that style!

Reactions: Kuro

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Region locking is the worst thing.
FTFY

Region Locking in 2019 is the most stupid shit someone can do right now, like, do you really think I won't try to get that product if I like it and I know it exists?
Instead of giving me easy access to give you money, you make things difficult maybe hopping that I will give up, buy, YOU KNOW WHAT?!? SUCK IT, CAUSE' I'M GETTING IT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, AND YOU WILL GET MY MONEY AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT :angry-face::angry-face::angry-face:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Woohoo ! First worked day of the month, there must be money in my bank account ! So nice, so quick to change :anguished-face:
Woohoo ! Still nothing, who needs money anyway ? I hate bankers.
Don't push yourselves too hard guys, we are only the second day of the month.

Same, I did try Twilight Princess, because my brother bought it for the Wii, but I hated all the 20 minutes I gave it :blobweary:
THB Twilight Princess may be the worst Zelda I played. Not disagreeing that the series is not overhyped to hell and back, mind you. Just that this one really really is shit.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
So just personally speaking, my problem with it is that if I never see my character why let me create them in the first place?

Like, I'm the type of person to spend hours in Character creation... and you're just never gonna let see my person? Why even give us the option then? Why waste money and dev resources? They coulda done just as well with a pre-made character AND saved money.

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
So just personally speaking, my problem with it is that if I never see my character why let me create them in the first place?
The game not having a third-person view in cutscenes doesn't mean that you won't see the character model though, I'm sure there're plenty of reflections and iirc driving is still done in 3rd person.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It's knowing how you look, knowing you are cool without having to constantly see it. Also you see yourself in the menu and I like seeing reflections of my char and such.

I very much like that there won't be third person views, one of the things I disliked about the new deus ex games, even if it was a minor thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.