Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
That's exactly what worries me though.
For example: You feel the "game passification" (made up word, sorry) that Gears Tactics has gone through, like the focus on the daily grind for better equipment.
Things like that would fundamentally change the core design of Prey.
tell me why is also game pass content though and it has none of that. so i don't think being on game pass means gaas/mtx is required. so maybe it's a case by case thing...or at least i hope that's how ms sees it. fingers crossed.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I hope MS just woke up Sony, Sony has been sleeping too much lately and now they woke up to somewhat of a hell. Maybe this will push forward whatever PC strategy they have, try to compete against MS in the PC market.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
For example: You feel the "game passification" (made up word, sorry) that Gears Tactics has gone through, like the focus on the daily grind for better equipment.
Exactly. Selling games on a service-based business model will in my opinion inevitably affect the games themselves. This is the GaaS future we are desperately trying to avoid. Games designed to making you pay month after month to retain access to them will result in rather horrible outcomes given what this industry is like.

At the end of the day, this is an MMO's business model being forced onto the entire base of existing games and I can't see Gamepass ending well if it takes off.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Maybe, who knows. I just prefer to be skeptical with Microsoft.
They own Bethesda and Obsidian now...
That's a substential piece of the RPG market.
yeah it's concerning but i'm not ready to condemn yet. rare's games like battletoads and everwild don't seem to have that kind of thing but obviously sea of thieves does. really hoping someone at ms (phil i guess?) is taking a look at each game as its own thing before deciding which is getting the gaas push.

speaking of...rare making a commander keen game would be pretty cool!

Reactions: Tomasety and ISee

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
In all seriousness, I get the skepticism of Microsoft and gamepass. I think they now have a rather big obligation for it to succeed, but I don't think changing what's popular about those series is a good place to start.

Be interesting to see how they handle mods for instance, and how much they double down on creator's club or F76 awful monetization.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I thought Sony was dancing on Microsoft's nose with those time exclusive deals and exclusive content like Spiderman.
I was wrong.

Sony brought a war chest.
Microsoft came with Smaug's Vault and Smaug himself.

Morrowind and New Vega Remakes: Buy Blupoint right under Sony's nose and do it you cowards.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
We will see something else vanish into PS5 exclusivity soonish.
something good like Resident Evil 8.

Dont say these things about RE8 :disapproval-blob:

edit: also lol at all the comments declaring all over the internet that all Bethesda franchise are boring and bad anyway. Always have been.
I too think that the Hitman series was ALWAYS bad and Im GLAD that Epic moneyhatted Hitman 3. :cryingwhyblob:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Bungie and Square Enix would be a good answer for Sony.

They have paid Square so much for stupid exclusivity over the years...might as well have just bought them.

And Bungie just as an FPS studio would be great for them to diversify their same old 3rd person action output.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I hope MS just woke up Sony, Sony has been sleeping too much lately and now they woke up to somewhat of a hell. Maybe this will push forward whatever PC strategy they have, try to compete against MS in the PC market.
I don't think the Beth acquisition will have any impact on Sony's PC plans. I don't expect them to bring their PS5-era games, I fully expect more of their PS4 catalogue rather soon.

They will still aggressively market their console but that does not mean PS4 exclusives can't be ported to PC.
:toucan:

As painful as it is to say: The slightest chance of BB coming to PC this year has vanished into Oblivion (pun intended).
Why ? Because of Bethesda's joining Microsoft Studios ?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Steam Labs Experiment 009: Steam News Hub Rolls Out Initial News Channels
Follow your favorite gaming & technology news sources from your personalized Steam News Hub.
Steam Labs Experiment 009: News Hub is nearing completion. As a big step toward its full launch, this update gives you the ability to browse the new and growing collection of participating gaming and technology news sources, and follow those which you wish to have appear in your Steam News Hub. The initial collection of sources available includes top sites serving players across seven languages, with more to come.

More Gaming News Choices
Up until now, the Steam News Hub has been a place to find updates and announcements directly from the developers of games you play, Wishlist, or follow. With this update, you now have a broader selection of news available to you. Add as many of these additional sources to your personalized News Hub as you like. They’re all available free of charge.

Includes Briefs, Articles, Videos, And More
Each news source brings different kinds of news and content, including rich media, screenshots, videos, or detailed guides and reviews. Some news sources are delivering quick blurbs that you can quickly scan in the News Hub, while other sources include their full articles. Included YouTube videos are even playable right in the news feed. And there's always a link to explore more via the news source's own website.

Discover New Sources
A new menu item allows you to explore all the news sources available to see what they write about and help you choose which ones you may be interested in following.

Built on Steam Curators
These news sources are integrated into the News Hub via the Steam Curator system, as many news outlets also write reviews of games. If you happen to be following one of these news sources for their store reviews, you'll find their articles automatically appear in your personalize News Hub.

Fine-Grained Control
Of course, the whole goal behind the Steam News Hub is to give you a personalized view of gaming news, so you get to choose what kind of content you want to see and what kind you don’t. If you wish, you can ignore individual news sources from within your feed by selecting the little menu below a post by that source and selecting 'mute' to exclude their news from your feed or 'unfollow' to completely unfollow them for both news and store reviews.

Or, you can hide all posts from external news sources by clicking "Options & Filters" and un-checking the "Curators You Follow" box.

Explore Now
You can see the news sources available in your language by browsing the recent articles here: PC Gamer - Steam News Hub

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Blame Fortnite and other GaaS games taking off. This was gonna happen Gamepass or not.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
I wonder if the TikTok deal not working out has something to do with this. Like they already had 50 billion ready to spent on an acquisition and needed something else to fill some of that investment.
I imagine a deal like this was a very long time in the making, probably at least 6 months. I doubt TikTok had anything to do with it.

Reactions: warp_ and Mivey

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The amount of Sony fanboys crying about how “Elder Scrolls and Fallout werent even that good anyway” makes the buyout worth it.

Exclusive bullshit is fine until a game you want is exclusive to another platform then its all downplaying acclaim and crying.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
I have good news for you. Bethesda launcher is practically dead now and with Microsofts commitment to Steam: The only thing to worry about are inflated Flight Simulator like prices.
But future game pass got a lot more attractive.
Whatever Pass is on steam?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Reactions: Tomasety

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Wonder if Avowed gets cancelled now since it would be way to much of a competitor with ES6.

Instead Obsidian makes new Fallout because Bethesda wasn't gonna make a new one for sure with Starfield and ES6. At least not for a while (10 years or so).

Reactions: ISee

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Wonder if Avowed gets cancelled now since it would be way to much of a competitor with ES6.

Instead Obsidian makes new Fallout because Bethesda wasn't gonna make a new one for sure with Starfield and ES6. At least not for a while (10 years or so).
Doubt it. Wouldn't be surprised if ES6 was 5+ years away. Avowed is probably 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.