Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Got to go to the vet for an emergency with my cat and spent all the fucking morning trying to reach a handful of vets who wouldn't even bother replying to a text or taking a fucking call. Managed to find one and I'm on my way there. Life fucking sucks.

(I know this is the Steam thread but I needed to vent, sorry)
Oh God, I'm hoping for the best ! :photoblobheart:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
While it's based on sampling, here's a list of the most wishlisted games out this month for each day:

1st - Crusader Kings III
2nd - There Was a Dream
3rd - NBA2k1
4th - Avengers
5th - Songs for the Dead DLC
6th - The Adventures of Maximus (Sunday)
7th - Necromunda Underhive Wars
8th - Star Renegades
9th - Blazing Sale
10th - Hotshot Racing
11th - Inertial Drift
12th - Logistique
13th - A Story of Merchant
14th - Final Upgrade
15th - PES 2001 Update
16th - Dead Motherland
17th - The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk : The Amulet of Chaos : The Very Long Name
18th - Zibbs Alien Survival
19th - Commanders of Valor
20th - 回到2001买房子
21st - Songs of Wuxia
22nd - Pendragon
23rd - Honk if Thatcher is Deed
24th - Lust from Beyond
25th - Mafia 1 Remake
26th - (nothing at all)
27th - Summer Party
28th - Outside
29th - The Sojourn
30th - Imagine Earth

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Interesting. The top wishlisted games are different from the top followed games.

For instance, I would have expected SCP to be first today: (edit: game is free)

Or Serious Sam for September 24th:

Reactions: lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
The season of the doot, autumn, has arrived.

DOOT? Doot you say? What is this 'DOOT' you speak of?

So very glad you asked.

I present.

DOOT

Skeletons every-fucking-where. Under the bed? Skeleton. Looking for cereal in the morning? "Pantry-sized" party-skel at your service. Go to the store for labor day bbq suppiles.... you get the picture.

From nowish until the middle of Oct (when greed, stress and fake snow season begins), the skeleton is keeping its eye on you. Pumpkin spice assails your senses, flannel drapes everything, instagram models lose access to anything but shades of brown, red and orange clothing AUTUMN IS HERE.

Problem is, I'm a summer boi at heart and I keep up summer time activities until Sept 15 minimum each year. Now, I'll celebrate some Oktoberfest beerz and food during Sept but I don't turn into a skeleton on the inside until the first calendar day of fall. (Skeleton on the inside...... hmmmm... wait a minute..)

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I'm really curious about the Avengers campaign considering how much praise I've been hearing about it.

Also the Ni No Kuni price is so tempting but I've bought like 20 JRPGs in the past couple months and played none of them gahhh

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way what is typically EVGAs best card? They have multiple versions of cards but what is the name of their high end one?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Also I do believe that in the demonstrated deathmatch for Doom 2016 or Eternal, there was a Revenant nicknamed DooT :)

Reactions: ISee

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm really curious about the Avengers campaign considering how much praise I've been hearing about it.

Also the Ni No Kuni price is so tempting but I've bought like 20 JRPGs in the past couple months and played none of them gahhh
Good luck playing them all. I spent three months on Cold Steel 1 and 2 alone lol.

Or you follow the usual way of normal PC gamers: buy the games and let them sit in the library for a few years😉

Reactions: Tomasety

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

I have the feeling it might be part of September Humble Monthly Choice. We know one thanks to Wok
From 40% off to 70% off seems a bit suspicious.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Decided to wait on building a new PC until more and more games will struggle at reaching 60 fps at settings Im not willing to compromise on.

So far it's just Control that is struggling, but I barely see any differences when lowering the graphics setting, so I'll see.

I have the money to build one right now, but Im just unable to do it as long as my current PC satisfies my needs.

I still feel good how far my current PC that I built in 2016 has lasted. The GTX 1080 has been a fantastic GPU for me and I am really happy I didn't decide to replace it with a 2080 super which I was interested in last year.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's amazing to see such positive Wastland 3 reviews. Will try to clear my backlog and current games enough to get to it quickly. Currently reading the novellas, and it's nice to see that they seem to bring back some characters, like Angela Death. Which, btw, is still an amazing name.

Ooof, that's such a bad take. Hope the dev patches that shit out ASAP. Or works together with people with disabilities to make that less fucked up. It's ok to have someone express hardship, but it shouldn't make people feel bad about their lives.

I appreciate them pushing tech but 80% of the things they've done over the past 2 years were really unnecessary.

They cluttered the market full of cards that are about to become obsolete by a 300$ card (3060) when it releases early next year. They didn't need to do 1660 cards. They didn't need to do Super cards. They should have kept Ray tracing and DLSS exclusive to the 2080 cards while pushing 2060/2070 harder at a reduced cost imo. The fact that the 1060 is still the most popular card in steam hardware survey says it all really.

There wasn't anywhere near enough RT and DLSS compatible games over the past years to justify all the $$$ the 20xx cards cost. And it remains to be seen just how many games will be doing this stuff over the next however many years as well. But at least now the 30xx cards provide bang for buck to actually get into serious 4k gaming. Now we just need to see those 4k 144hz monitors being mass produced and start becoming affordable :cool:
Again, I think there was no other way of establishing DLSS, and ray tracing. As for the obsolescence, well, your card isn't suddenly weaker, it's just that we are seeing something that hasn't happened for a long time in PC Gaming, and it's a new and very exciting technology rapidly becoming more and more commonplace (and yes, don't worry if consoles start supporting RT natively, we will get many games that support it) and Nvidia is able to use their new architecture to make use of this.

And this push in technology is exactly why these new cards power 4K gaming so well (if these early benchmarks are to be believed!), so I feel you are not connecting the dots here and looking at these aspects as if they were separate, when they are not.

EDIT:
Mind you, I will agree of course that this is a fairly safe thing for Nvidia to do, as it allows them to raise prices (thus establishing a precedent) and get more money. Though even from that angle, as the new cards likely required a ton of research and actual work from Nvidia, as compared to a normal refresh of an established design and architecture, it proably didn't increase their margins by a lot. The Super cards are then just an attempt to get a better return out of the first RTX cards.
As such, I'm really surprised that they are pricing the 3070 and 3080 so cheaply, when it basically makes their old top-tier GPU obsolete.

Last edited:

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Anybody else getting this on garbled text on STEAM? I'm in the Beta and its happening on the mobile app as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Interesting. The top wishlisted games are different from the top followed games.

It's probably just me, but I use them for different reasons.

Whistlist is for games that already has a price, whether it's released or in pre-order phase, minus early access games.
Follow is mostly for early access games and some service games, they tend to get updates regularly so it's nice to be informed asap.

Another thing: I don't whistlist early access games. If they go on sale, they usually post an announcement anyway.

( •̀ ω •́ )✧
Well deserved, it's my GOTY so far. Well, it's actually PSO2 if it counts.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Got myself an external HDD for my PS4, been a long time coming. Between what I have, PS+ games (I play online at times) and what I rent from my library, storage on my 1tb slim has been, well, slim.

I almost went for the 1tb @ $48 but then remembered by advice in another thread, "don't go cheapest new parts", so I got the 2tb @$60.

Downloading the backlog here we COME BOIS.

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee and Le Pertti

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Random musing of the day:

The Console Paradox:

"Because of the global pandemic, we can't tell you the price or release date of the Consoles that are roughly coming out in 3 months"
"The global pandemic has no impact on the Console launch, we will release them end of 2020."

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

The Console Paradox:

"Because of the global pandemic, we can't tell you the price or release date of the Consoles that are roughly coming out in 3 months"
"The global pandemic has no impact on the Console launch, we will release them end of 2020."
Yep, this is getting ridiculous. It’s a fucking gaming machine not the COVID vaccine.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

The Console Paradox:

They are just preparing people for the 600€ price tag.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

The Console Paradox:

I still think these things are getting delayed. I don't have any good evidence to back up my feeling and I'll admit that. Just really bizarre how we're supposedly so close to the release and we've got hype but no prices and no dates.

$599 consoles coming? I can't see that but its all I can think of as to why they're stonewalling.

Do Sony and M$ even want new consoles to be released lol??? PS4 is killing it profits wise and M$ is making major moves to make Xbox a platform and not a 'Box'.

Reactions: ISee and Kyougar

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I still think these things are getting delayed. I don't have any good evidence to back up my feeling and I'll admit that. Just really bizarre how we're supposedly so close to the release and we've got hype but no prices and no dates.

$599 consoles coming? I can't see that but its all I can think of as to why they're stonewalling.

Do Sony and M$ even want new consoles to be released lol??? PS4 is killing it profits wise and M$ is making major moves to make Xbox a platform and not a 'Box'.
I talked at lengths about my reason for thinking that launching in 2020 is a big mistake :)
Do they listen to me? probably not, they probably WANT to delay but are trapped in the "who-blinks-first" conundrum. They will release in 2020, the media will tell us they sold out, but this will not continue into 2021, when they are seen as released too soon, with no good next gen games and the acceptance and realization of the mainstream crowd, that you can just continue to play your GaaS or play games cheap on gamepass.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Oh, my Steam Library won't load. I just get the Logo and the three dots. Yikes.
It's downloading a game update at the moment i'll restart it in a few minutes.

edit: phew, client restart fixed it. Very odd, first time in months and months that the client has bugged out for me.

• Sad

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I talked at lengths about my reason for thinking that launching in 2020 is a big mistake :)
Do they listen to me? probably not, they probably WANT to delay but are trapped in the "who-blinks-first" conundrum. They will release in 2020, the media will tell us they sold out, but this will not continue into 2021, when they are seen as released too soon, with no good next gen games and the acceptance and realization of the mainstream crowd, that you can just continue to play your GaaS or play games cheap on gamepass.
They're in a corner on this one all right. Video games are bigger than ever, especially with a disease that has kept people in doors and provided a need for escapism. So, now is the time to release, right? Then the economy takes a massive and prolonged dump tied directly to mismanagement of the virus in the largest console gaming market in the world. That $600 console you started building in March??? Whoops.

Add on to the economy and existence destroying the prefered launch environment, you've got games delayed because WFH doesn't work for everyone, must have software releasing on existing consoles, three years of 'cross gen' support promising a prolonged cross gen for both PS4 and XB1.

This is the environment you want to launch new, expensive loss leading project? No. But again, the consoles are being produced and the cost of just sitting on them for 6 months.....

So, a gen gets released at least 6 month earlier than it needed to be. I hope that the BC and streaming services are on point!

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
In addition next gen. consoles turned yesterday from High End PC crushing miracle systems to reasonably build budget options. A 530€ 3070 might look ridiculous next to a 600€ complete system, but it is also giving you double the theoretical compute power. Probably even way more once DLSS and Ray Tracing performance gets factored in. You are suddenly getting "value" for the extra money spend.
A lot of PR was focused on consoles taking over the technological lead and that momentum seems to slow down today and will probably come to a hold.
It's a bit of an additional problem.

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
Both Sony and MS have previously gotten burned by announcing a price that was too high compared to the competition. Neither wants to be stuck with a console that is priced $100 higher than the other, even if it means taking a significant loss on each console.

I think Sony will announce price first as MS seems insistent on going second, and Sony is in a better position.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Anybody else getting this on garbled text on STEAM? I'm in the Beta and its happening on the mobile app as well.

They must be tweaking something cause' it's happening everywhere, do not worry.

Another thing that it's happening is that reviews are not getting showed. 😊

Reactions: Tomasety and Stevey

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
You have to audition to be allowed to give Sony money?
Now I have seen everything.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So
Skelattack has wall jumps
Except the way they are executed is really really bad
How can you mess up something that has been perfected as early as 1993?

In more positive news

Reactions: QFNS
Dec 5, 2018
Yes, they opened a site to be notified when it will be up for preorder.

E: But you need to give your PSN ID, so they can choose, which of their "hardcore fans" will be allowed to preorder it.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I'm annoyed.

Imma have to start writing $ony and M$ at this rate. I loved using M$. This just cheapens the whole thing.

• Toucan
Status
Not open for further replies.