Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Demon's Souls remake looks awful. The movement animations are stilted and the hit animations seem to have no weight. Also (and I realize this is incredibly petty), but I hate all the extra detail and color. Part of what made DeS work was how, within their super limited budget, they made the game's art work by leaning incredibly bleak. Like, the Boletarian Palace, by having less detail, takes on a brutalist vibe instead of what you'd expect from a medieval castle. All the bright colors and almost cartoony effects in this remake feel so out of place. Praise RPCS3, since they'll probably sell this remake in the future instead of ever remastering the original.

DMCV:SE though... That's the good shit. Definitely making me think about a 3090 instead of a 3080, just so I can get the highest possible frame rate with RTX on.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Also FFXVI looked fine. The graphics are downgraded from XV but XV was so large, bloated and boring...it really did feel more like a giant future proofed tech demo than a game most of the time. I'm all in favor of what I saw with XVI. Seemed grounded and more engaging tho it could just be the trailer. It looked more like a video game (like 13 for example).

And downgraded graphics is good news for PS5 owners too because it means performance will be great unlike XV. And on PC maybe they push for 120+ fps. It will be great.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
They are taking it from the trailer. Still not good enough of a confirmation.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
All those outlets are reporting from the trailers y'all.

Dekunator

Timmy Tencent owes me money
Apr 17, 2019
I feel like the trailer would have been taken down by now if it was inaccurate. It's coming, we're going home lads.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
On the other hand, isn't Sony the kind of corporation that agonizes over every pixel and word of their trailers? If it's not coming to PC, this is some chicken-made protein on their face.

Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
According to Sony Japan, Sackboy and Horizon Forbidden West is also coming to PS4.

I don't believe it.

Edit: also here

Could be the "other console" mentioned in the trailer.

Disappointed Sony would force cross-gen games. Weren't they all about how next-gen allows for completely new experiences ?

Weird.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
80 fucking euros a game??

If all of this info is true, then MS:

Seriously I'm still convinced that MS can absolutely take this gen sales wise with the XSS, too many people underestimate the power of being the cheapest

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Are they charging $70 for Demon's Souls for real? SONY says YES TO $70 games

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Demon's Souls remake looks awful. The movement animations are stilted and the hit animations seem to have no weight. Also (and I realize this is incredibly petty), but I hate all the extra detail and color. Part of what made DeS work was how, within their super limited budget, they made the game's art work by leaning incredibly bleak. Like, the Boletarian Palace, by having less detail, takes on a brutalist vibe instead of what you'd expect from a medieval castle. All the bright colors and almost cartoony effects in this remake feel so out of place. Praise RPCS3, since they'll probably sell this remake in the future instead of ever remastering the original.
Was thinking as I watched the presentation that Demon's Souls looks like the Hollywood movie version of a thing.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You know what. I'm changing my opinion.
DeS is coming to PS4 and PC.
Just a bit later.
I already decided not to get a PS5 at launch, but later, all this info, at least the PS4 crossgen info, has made that decision far easier.

Reactions: ISee

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
It is a bit sad that Deathloop came across as the least interesting game of the Sony showcase. Arkane Lyon finally making it absolutely clear that they are not making an immersive sim. But still, somehow, not making it clear what you are supposed to do in the game, and why it should be of interest to us.

The blandness reminded me of the awful "The Club" for 360/PS3. I still remember some of the embarrassing reviews of that game, of people getting caught up in the hype for a game that was soon to be forgotten. I think the key word was "style shooting" or something like that. You did it on a timer. I guess that is what you do in Deathloop as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.