Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
80 euros is a lot of money for a single game.

"Everyone" claims that games (and consoles) didn't adjust for inflation in over a decade and it was time for the prices to rise.
What "everyone" forgets, is that the growth of the gaming market in the last two decades was BECAUSE gaming got more affordable. Raising prices to adjust for inflation will lose several customers who are not willing to pay for those prices (or can't justify/afford them).

It is a big mistake and it will prove that it is more and more the right thing to not buy on release day and wait for sales.
I could see the overarching strategy for Microsoft in raising retail/digital prices, they have GamePass and it makes sense for them to funnel customers into that ecosystem. but Sony?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
US prices exclude state sales taxes but as they're under 10% it doesn't matter much so, yup but then i dread to think what they'll cost in places like Brasil where most games are already stupid expensive anyway.

kio
Sony:
It's going to be like 400 BRL

Thank god for Steam, otherwise I would fly the Jolly Roger again

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I always assumed (maybe mistakenly) that the current 59,99 EUR price tag for AAA PC games was due to the 1:1 conversion with the 59,99 USD price tag both on console and PC. If I'm right and the standard price becomes 69,99 USD we're probably fucked.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Ok hear me out

both premium variants of the PS5 and Xbox are the same price
But the budget variant Xbox is £110 cheaper than the budget PS5
AND Xbox has Game Pass as a considerable value add which PS doesn’t have

Considering how price sensitive the mainstream console market is, and most people just want a box that will play the games they want to play, I really think this gen is for MS to take unless they seriously screw up something

and fair play to them, MS has been making far more interesting moves than Sony for a while now

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
The cool thing about the price increase for games is that, on top of the CAD price already being at an insane 80$, it makes me exponentially less likely to buy games at launch/full price. And the longer you wait for a game, the easier it gets to just wait longer for a deeper sale. I still haven't played REmake 3 and Doom Eternal and at this rate, I won't until they drop to sub 20$ lol.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
kio
"Well, Saint Hirai. I was in hospital having a Kidney operation and there was this PS5 game i really wanted and... yeah. Sorry."

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
You never needed proprietary cables for the Quest 1 either.
I wasn't implying otherwise, it's the strictly PC VR kits that have proprietary cables that combine USB and HDMI and stuff, like my CV1 and I'm pretty sure all the others are similar rather than have two separate cables you could feasably replace on your own when they get worn out with all that VR movement (although for CV1 the problem is the end that goes to the headset I guess, maybe Index has solved it by literally just combining regular HDMI and USB cables as 2 in 1 so that any third party manufacturer could easily make them if there was a market for them or people could even just use separate HDMI and USB cables?).

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My PS5 purchased literally hinges on if a PC version will come in the future. If anyone have any info, now would be the time.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Ok hear me out

both premium variants of the PS5 and Xbox are the same price
But the budget variant Xbox is £110 cheaper than the budget PS5
AND Xbox has Game Pass as a considerable value add which PS doesn’t have

Considering how price sensitive the mainstream console market is, and most people just want a box that will play the games they want to play, I really think this gen is for MS to take unless they seriously screw up something

and fair play to them, MS has been making far more interesting moves than Sony for a while now
If I was still considering consoles or if Microsoft bequeathed a cutting-edge handheld unto us, I would be all over Xbox right now. They've been making all the right decisions so far (where it matters to me), outside a less than stellar first-party showing -- game pass (ultimate), robust backwards compatibility, peripherals/controller backwards compatibility, Xbox all-access is a huge deal if it's available in your region, smart delivery, etc.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
If I was still considering consoles or if Microsoft bequeathed a cutting-edge handheld unto us, I would be all over Xbox right now. They've been making all the right decisions so far (where it matters to me), outside a less than stellar first-party showing -- game pass (ultimate), robust backwards compatibility, peripherals/controller backwards compatibility, Xbox all-access is a huge deal if it's available in your region, smart delivery, etc.
Honestly I am more hyped for new Fable + Avowed than I am for Horizon 2 + God of War 2.

Naughty Dog is really the stand out difference for Sony because of the style of game they make. We will see what the Initiative does with the rumored Perfect Dark game but everything else is pretty even across the board. Coalition + 343 pretty much same as Sucker Punch + Bend.

Its pretty even imo. At least as even as its ever been between the 2. Obsidian and Playground were great additions for MS. Its exactly what they needed.

Reactions: beep boop

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised to see more or less all Sony first parties ported to PC somewhere down the line, albeit near the tail-end of the console's lifetime.
To be specific, I'd expect more and more PS4 exclusives to drop, but PS5 ones wouldn't make much sense for Sony right now.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Because the confusion is the point.
You have people wondering. People happy that their plastic box is winning bigly. People that will watch the trailer and not realize that it's coming to PC.

It's newspeak, and it's been a constant from Sony those last few years.
It's not like anyone will say anything once the deals end. They will still be Amazing Sony Playstation Number One For The Gamers, etc.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
it was in the sizzle real
Im fairly sure it's just the PS4 version running in bc mode on PS5, maybe some "boost" added by the hardware it self.

The rumored PS5 version was suppose to bring more stuff like 60 fps.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Tbh, I wouldn't worry if FFXVI or DeS were coming to PC. I think they will come eventually. We just don't know when.
The backtracking on both definitely makes me think they are just obfuscating information, like what happened with Death Stranding.

"Oh this isn't coming to PC"

"launches on PS4"

"one week later"

"It's coming to PC"

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
It seems like a genuine mistake. The same wording was on the new Final Fantasy, I believe. Probably copied and pasted the wrong closing segment. Otherwise we also have to presume it's coming to other consoles. A timed PS5 exclusive and eventually Ps4? Or Xbox? Neither seem likely.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky
Status
Not open for further replies.