Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
I can talk only for myself, but personally I have zero doubts that Queen is not lying about this.

Don't get me wrong, I still personally believe it's real and my sources have my full trust. But it's still a rumor, and no matter how many people talk about it and what evidences I saw personally, there's always a chance it won't happen in the end. I've personally heard a few rumors like that in the past that looked like they were definitely going to happen, but nothing came out yet. But to be fair, Bloodborne PC port is incomparable to those cases, because A LOT more people keep teasing it. I just wanted to set the right expectations about this rumor because I don't have any timeframe when it can happen, and I also sick of people blaming me in clickbait and other sins. I have other stuff that I had to deal with in my life right, I don't even make new videos due to lack of energy and time. So I won't be able to keep up with this rumor for a while anyway, and some people would have seen my silence as "proof" it was all fake, despite the fact that I was not the one who started this rumor, and I'm not the only one who talked about it in the past months.
Curious if you have any opinion on the FNAC listing above. Think it might be an indicator that we’ll see something really soon or a simple mistake?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Millions walked away from the Wii without buying a new console. And Millions more would have no issue with abandoning console gaming and AAA gaming altogether. Either because they are in a new part of their life, they don't have enough money for the system + high priced games, they are mostly mobile gamers in the last year anyway, etc.

Many just bought console games because they had the console already. I bought over 20 PS3 games and zero PS4 games, because I had the PS3 but didn't buy the PS4, I walked away. The last game I bought for the PS3 was Persona 5, i only bought it because it was available for PS3, I wouldn't have bought the game or the PS4 if it was PS4 only. Also, nearly 95% of Playstation and Xbox exclusive games came to PC in this gen anyway, so it was easy to walk away.
I'll always consider the Wii to be a bit of a fluke, as never before have so many consoles been purchased for just one piece of software. (Wii sports)

The PS4 is going to have the legs of the PS2, due simply to the install base. I can see the PS5 eventually putting up decent numbers but not right away. The incentive isn't there.

Ha, I remember pre ordering P5 for the PS3, the last new PS3 game I purchased as well. Money well spent.

As far as people leaving the console space, people drop out of the PC gaming space too. In fact the only 'drop proof' class of gaming devices are mobile ones.

Reactions: ISee

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
This copcam RE VIII.age 1337 h4x trash is getting old.

Also dmc 3se, hey look, vergil playable, pls rebuy - oh wow
dmc 4 se, hey look, vergil playable, pls rebuy - oh wow
dmc 5 se, hey look, vergil playable, pls rebuy - oh wow

thanks for nothing and that barebones shit. Will wait till it's free on humble or something

As for the price, you can thank comrade warp_ &co

We are going all the way to $500 bay be

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
imagine being so salty about a video game that you lash out at someone who made an argument you didn't like on a forum weeks ago

it's a toy, fspm. maybe take a breath and get over yourself. or don't and make more comparisons to a day one game purchase being as essential as water or some other stupid argument. either way, no need to put me into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rybrad and Arsene

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
This copcam RE VIII.age 1337 h4x trash is getting old.

Also dmc 3se, hey look, vergil playable, pls rebuy - oh wow
dmc 4 se, hey look, vergil playable, pls rebuy - oh wow
dmc 5 se, hey look, vergil playable, pls rebuy - oh wow

thanks for nothing and that barebones shit. Will wait till it's free on humble or something

As for the price, you can thank comrade warp_ &co

We are going all the way to $500 bay be
There's no need to attack him as directly responsible, even if his argument was indeed fallacious in my opinion. I don't condone the aggression in his response lower down but at the same time, please don't take this out on others who can't possibly be the cause for this price increase.

This is a small community, there's no need to be nasty to each other even if we disagree on stuff.

I really don't agree with warp_ on games being "toys" or these price increases being inconsequential, but we have had that debate before.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
my argument was always the same: don't buy day one if you don't like the price. that's literally the only way to send a message.

side argument is that early adopter price hit applies to everything these days including games so sometimes that's what happens if you commit yourself to being a "day one" person. but that's a different argument we beat to death already.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
my argument was always the same: don't buy day one if you don't like the price. that's literally the only way to send a message.
Don't buy at all I'd say. Most effective message and it worked with the EGS. But yeah.

You said other stuff peripheral to this argument that I don't much care for but I'm not going to be party to adding another couple pages of back and forth on the matter when our minds are set and not all that different anyway :p.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Millions walked away from the Wii without buying a new console. And Millions more would have no issue with abandoning console gaming and AAA gaming altogether.
The Wii has a special role to play. It managed to attract a large crowd of non console gamers, or as I like to call them: The Wii Sports Crowd. The system was a novelty and a pop culture phenomenon. Nintendo messed up and lost that crowd as quickly as it came, no big surprise.
But that's not the usual console situation. Of course, if you go broke or other life circumstances change somebody might no longer be interested in gaming.
But Sony is targeting the same, loyal customer base they are building for 26 years now. Those people grew up with gaming and they won't leave it behind that easily.

Many just bought console games because they had the console already.
No. You do not posses a console by accident or sheer luck.

People deliberately buy a console to buy games. It's an active, rational decision. Now if you happened to get one for free. Great.
But people putting down pre orders for PS5 yesterday know what they are actively getting. Nobody will wake up in January 2021 and a ps5 will teleport magically on top of their morning cereals. "Ah well, now that its here I might as well buy a couple of games."
People are buying a PS5 to buy games. A big difference to what you are describing.

Also, nearly 95% of Playstation and Xbox exclusive games came to PC in this gen anyway, so it was easy to walk away.
For you and for me (actually I never left PC gaming). But why do you think that big walk away has not happened yet?
Because PCs are not an option for everybody.

Nothing beats comfort and low entry prices. PCs will never be as simple as consoles and that's great. I don't want my PC experience to be regulated by companies. I want to think about my hardware choices, I want to have to play around with settings, I want to be free in choosing whom I pay for my software.

That's what makes PC gaming great: but that doesn't appeal to everybody and forums (especially this one) is not representative of the majority of gamers.
My youngest cousine (25) knows nothing about pc hardware, even the term GPU is going over his head. He is buying a PS5 and mentioning PC gaming brings out his: "Nah PS3/4/5 is good enough." And that's fine.

PC gaming might be growing, but it is just a part of this industry and will never dominate it.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Wait, the new monster hunter is switch only? Not a problem since I own it, but looking at the graphic I thought the switch couldn't run it decently

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
imagine being so salty about a video game that you lash out at someone who made an argument you didn't like on a forum weeks ago
For you it was weeks ago, for me - just tuesday. Was on the first page of my 'your content', benefits of not shit posting much :)
These kind of arguments have been made since horse armor, loot boxes and other cancer. Same as 'Forest fires in Australia are fine cause I'm in Murrica and not some kind of forest, in Australia'

it's a toy, fspm. maybe take a breath and get over yourself. or don't and make more comparisons to a day one game purchase being as essential as water or some other stupid argument. either way, no need to put me into it.
So you wasting valuable time on forums about toys and playing with toys make you a little kid pointless to argue with? ok

• Eyes
Reactions: Trisolarian

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Monster Hunter Rise looks real nice... Chances of later port? :(

Fidelity is close enough to World, dunno why they couldn't have ported that with some graphical concessions back when it would have mattered.

Last edited:

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
i tried monster hunter years ago on psp and it was one of the most confusing experiences i've had in games. however people that like those games really like them a lot, reminds me of mmo fans in a lot of ways.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Out of early access. 20% off launch discount.

i tried monster hunter years ago on psp and it was one of the most confusing experiences i've had in games. however people that like those games really like them a lot, reminds me of mmo fans in a lot of ways.
World pretty much completely overhauled a lot of elements and made it much more accessible, seems like Rise is implementing some of those features.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I knew this was going to be asked so here I come.

MH Rise is exclusive until Capcom decides it's no longer exclusive, what does that mean? that the game will be switch exclusive for the near future but nothing should prevent Capcom releasing it in more places.

Will that happen? at a personal level I will say no, it won't.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

Fidelity is close enough to World, dunno why they couldn't have ported that with some graphical concessions back when it would have mattered.
Pop in is huge, but for a switch version: (y)

My first MH was worlds on PC and it's a good game. Lot's of fun in co-op!
And yes it plays very mmoish.

Reactions: Li Kao

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

3D models seem fine to me, but the broken tradition of sprites is sad to me. Love me some sprites.
Interestingly enough the Switch "exclusivity" is only for the west. Its coming to PS4 in Japan.
fuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuu, squeenix ... you absolute fucking bastards!!!

Balan Wonderworld
Still better than their fucking atrocious regional pricing for Octopath here. I still to this day have not seen another game with pricing that bad.

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
That Yuji Naka game looks decent. Clearly old timey game design somehow. Could have been on Dreamcast. Sonicy. Nightsy. Pretty sure it's multi platform yes?

Timestamp:

Reactions: QFNS

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
For those who did not watch the mini direct, Empire of Sin is coming on Jan 12. Should be same date on PC?

Edit: Dec 1st. I mixed it up.
I see 1st December on its Steam store page as release date. Whether that happens or not is just another story.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuu, squeenix ... you absolute fucking bastards!!!

Balan Wonderworld
There is clearly a trend on big pubs to focus on certain regions especially. ARG 400% more, Turkey 300%. Those at least seem consistent every time I see a full red chart of price disappointments.
It's like they are sending an extra spicy message to those regions, and not in a positive manner obviously.

I don't think this is fair, well there's nothing fair on that chart but Israel.

Last edited:

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
One positive for 3D models though, I'm looking forward to more dynamic cutscenes and attack animations.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
This was moneyhatted right? And they came up with some shitty excuse IIRC?
Even worse: this was the dev who sold his Fig backers to Epic, despite the game being fully funded already. No way they'll ever see a single cent from me, and I hope other pc gamers will spend their money on other games as well.

Edit: beaten by lashman 😋

Status
Not open for further replies.