Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Today, NVIDIA added 28 games to the list of titles shipping with DLSS. The additions are a result of the Unreal Engine 4 DLSS plugin that makes the technology fast and easy to integrate into games. In total, NVIDIA DLSS is now accelerating performance in over 100 games and applications.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
According to Tyler McVicker (yeah, I know) the latest big update for Dota 2 has been datamined and there are references to a "Steam Console". It's neither the old Steambox references nor Steam Deck related. Could we get a living room device within the next couple of years?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
According to Tyler McVicker (yeah, I know) the latest big update for Dota 2 has been datamined and there are references to a "Steam Console". It's neither the old Steambox references nor Steam Deck related. Could we get a living room device within the next couple of years?
With the new SteamOS and Proton it makes all the sense in the world. Even more sense than a handheld tbh.

They are probably just trying to time it all correctly with new tech and gpu shortages. It will be much more difficult to pull off than the Deck so yea I wouldn't expect anything until 2023 or later.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I cannot wait until large capacity NVME SSDs become reasonably priced. I only have a 1tb m.2 SSD and a 6tb 7200RPM HDD. With how big games have become, most of my games are installed on my HDD. Though sometimes hearing the HDD spin up, makes me think it is going to fail haha.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Got my EGS code for Kena, but it doesn't unlock till tommorrow. Shame about the timing as I have a lot of other games to play through.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
better news

after deciding that travelling 600 kilometres every week and using up 1/3rd of all of my remaining money after paying rent and insurance was "eating away at my wallet", I decided enough was enough, and i did the only possibly logical thing left

i found a way to make the tickets cheaper so now i'm using 1/6th of all of my remaining money every week on travels
i'm also gonna buy a cane and walk around like gregory house

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
So I guess Wizardry: The Five Ordeals new Steam release is on hold indefinitely for the time being? Seems to be stuck in some legal dispute atm or something :surrenderblob:

Apparently there are like 3 different rights holders for Wizardry? Someone owns 1-5, someone owns 6-8, someone owns something else? And one of them is disputing the Five Ordeals release :anguished-face:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So I guess Wizardry: The Five Ordeals new Steam release is on hold indefinitely for the time being? Seems to be stuck in some legal dispute atm or something :surrenderblob:

Apparently there are like 3 different rights holders for Wizardry? Someone owns 1-5, someone owns 6-8, someone owns something else? And one of them is disputing the Five Ordeals release :anguished-face:
This is why Xseed was having issues releasing labryth of lost souls but eventually they were able to.

I sort of feel bad for Wizardry because in a way. It has a very rich history but from a modern day perspective it's sort of fallen into obscurity. I can guarantee you that if you were to gather a bunch of people and talk to them about their favorite video games and stuff it would most likely be the usuals suspects (well I guess that also depends because if you were to ask some one that is 20 years old right now they would likely answer Minecraft and not Mega man or Final Fantasy like 30+ year olds would) but I highly doubt any of them would mention wizardry.

I also don't think that there are other series that have to deal with multiple "parties", I guess technically Falcom games would be something like that? But at the end of the day Falcom still owns the IP and they could just do "remasters" of them all and self publish those games.

It's like those "film greats" how in it's early years it was a trail blazers and set the standard but as years went buy it eventually started to flip burgers in order to get by. From my understanding this is what's happened in film where there is a really talented director and then something new comes out that outshines them (owww shiney...) And they are just never really able to recover and keep on making hits/influencial works. That's what happened to Georges Méliès and from my understanding it's what even happened to Akira Kurosawa (I don't think he is that well know in modern day Japan by an average person? But I could be wrong)

Poor Wizardry, well at least it still has a cult following. May games like SMT continue your legacy oh great one.

Also spoilers in the video nice song though

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
This is why Xseed was having issues releasing labryth of lost souls but eventually they were able to.
I assume this is why Wizardry 1-5 probably haven't been re released either :riggedblob2:

Wizardy 8 remains one of my favorite games ever :frogheart:

:frogsleep:

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Wizardry was a hugely influencial game for future developers back in the 80s especially in Japan and it hit just as D&D was taking off. It was kind of forgotten over here as time went on but had a bunch of releases in Japan even after 2001 when Wizardry 8 released. Elements of it were used in so many great games it really is a venerable granddad of the RPG genre.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
I don't leave work. Big corporate, you win.
yeah but you know, i have this cat, very dear and amazing cat, had her my whole life and more, and she's just the most stunning piece of work you can't get these days, she's just incredible
also because i want actual food instead of instant food and the same chicken with rice in soy sauce

• Hug
Reactions: xinek and Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Now that's what I call presentation.

Tweet

----

I know that at events some indie devs sell Steam keys but I was wondering how they present it to you. Is it just the code on a piece of paper? Do they email it to you?

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
If you own the rest of "Frictional Collection" games you can get "Amnesia Rebirth" for even less money.

Have all of those so that'd be a great deal that I'd have jumped on back when I could still convince myself that this will be the horror game I finally finish and won't alt+f4 at the first hint of danger :blobclosecry:

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.