Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018

Rules for my bingo are easy:
-Company's name? new announcement, not previous announced stuff allowed to check.
-Also PC will be checked after the showcase
-Nina is Devolver presence
-If a project from company present IP is announced and it's new announcement, check both (Example MGS remake would check Konami and MGS)

NOOOOO, YOU JUST JINXED IT :weary-face:
No chaos? You already lost!
Okay technically you got Squenix and Team Ninja in there, so you may be forgiven

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I know nearly nothing about vtuber, and I may be misinformed and/or cynic, but AFAIK those people are working for a company that do the technical side of things, no ? So if that is true, in what part is 'insert vtuber name' persona true or fabricated ?
I mean I would like to cheer for an eccentric nerd as much as anyone but I don't want to be taken for a ride.
Or maybe I'm much too cynic.
Other than sponsored streams, the games that the Hololive members play on stream are usually chosen by the members themselves (while taking into consideration licensing restrictions).
In this case, Korone is the one that plays the most retro games in Hololive, often even playing them on original hardware (her own), while others would more likely play a remaster or re-release on newer platforms. She's also the only member to have streamed multiple Sonic games so far (Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles and Adventure).
Some members stream alot more games than others, some focus on specific niches, and some play a bit of everything.

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
I know nearly nothing about vtuber, and I may be misinformed and/or cynic, but AFAIK those people are working for a company that do the technical side of things, no ? So if that is true, in what part is 'insert vtuber name' persona true or fabricated ?
I mean I would like to cheer for an eccentric nerd as much as anyone but I don't want to be taken for a ride.
The companies are more hands off in the day-to-day activities than you would probably imagine, they don't provide retro consoles or anything like that. They mostly handle sponsorships with big companies, rights to stream games, 3D concerts that are streamed from the company's studios and stuff like that. The contents of their regular daily streams are largely up to the streamer themselves. For example, this is Korone's "lore". Her being into retro games is just something that became apparent over time as that's what most of her streams are and it's quite obvious that her love for those things is genuine if you watch the streams.

Hololive provides them with an iphone, an avatar and some basic lore. It's up to the streamer to decide how much they want to lean into the lore and it usually works as a starting point. Over time most of them drop a lot of the RP stuff and it's just them streaming as slightly exaggerated version of their own personality, just like "regular" streamers on twitch and youtube do.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Apply custom firmware and turn it into an emulation machiiiiinnnnnnnnnnne
But it IS the emulation machine :coffee-blob:

I actually have a few PS2 games in the backlog including Wild Arms Another Code f. Maybe I will start with it first.
I think the following are locked:

• Horizon 2
  • God of War
  • Forspoken
  • Ghostwire Tokyo

From Software and Silent Hill are possible, too. Hopefully they will show up.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao What ezodagrom and sanhora said. Ha, i had written the same thing badly about 7 times and deleted each draft.

Korone is the real deal Yuzo Koshiro got chatting with her after she streamed Actraiser and she got an arranged version of Filmore by him called "KoroneRaiser Inumore" for her birthday. She played "Cadence of Hyrule" in one sitting and had Jules and Adrisaurus in the stream cheering her on! She was over the moon when she knew they were the people who did the music for the game AND they did the cover of Pollyanna because Korone is a MASSIVE Mother fan, like HUGE.

If Korone's love of games is a facade then she is an astounding actress, lol.

He's also made a Sonic styled version for her to use as BGM! What a guy!

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I don't know when they changed it but this Dark Pictures bundle....

...is now giving a nice discount for the 3rd game if you own the other two. Pretty sure that wasn't the case when they opened preorders.

Also Alan Wake's new face doesn't fit his character at all imo. And the rest looks like the PC version mostly. Lame.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Others already replied to this, but I also want to chime in. First of all, of course it's smart to always remember that there is a company and a clear financial motivation behind all of this, and that there are some corporate constraints in play.

However, it's also very clear that the Hololive members with a "gamer/geek" reputation genuinely are consummate gamers/geeks. It's clear because they simply couldn't keep up a persona like that, with all the small details that implies regarding game knowledge or geeking out over specific things mentioned in chat for (for many of them) 50+ hours a week over several years. (And if that is not convincing enough, if you really want to it's also possible to find meta-information to confirm it)

A fun example of this is Marine who has a "17 year old" persona, but routinely makes references to animes released before she was ostensibly born, seriously obscure 90s Japanese internet culture, and even stuff like Gameboy games she played in primary school :p

It looks quite different to me.
I mean, that seems a really bad comparison since you could render the "Original" there at much higher resolution and it would look much closer.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Also it looks like that they will sell AW Remastered for 30$ and that is same price that was for original PC release. I still can't believe that 2K offered free copies of Remastered games to previous owners and i have a lot more appreciations for developers/publishers that are doing it on regular base (or at least offer discount). But Remedy as much as it is independent on paper is not truly independent for years no, they are still living from exclusives project to exclusive project.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

That is not big upgrade and asking PC players to pay for this again is kinda laughable.
The fuck is up with Wake's face and what the fuck overall, looks like the first screenshots are from the original game, just with a bit of blurr removed.

• Sad

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I just dislike how IGN and others will just repost the same videos others already have
Not only that the Nintendo video is from 2 hours ago and the IGN one is only from 1 hour ago
I am thinking the same. A lot of channels repost videos just for views. Why I pasted IGN's video was that it was suggested to me. I guess I watch more IGN videos than Nintendo videos

Reactions: PC-tan and Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Honestly I have absolutely no interest in a Alan Wake remastered. In high resolution and ultra settings, the original game is still pretty pleasant to look at. I think that the remastered is mainly for console folks who have never played it before so that they can be prepared for a sequel.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
As i said my main issue is that if game was on Steam it would be either free upgrade or had some discount. But because it won't be there it will be "full" price.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
As i said my main issue is that if game was on Steam it would be either free upgrade or had some discount. But because it won't be there it will be "full" price.
funny thing is that if it ever comes to Steam people will ask for this haha

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
funny thing is that if it ever comes to Steam people will ask for this haha
I mean bar was set over the years, there are very little remasters on PC that are sold without any benefits for previous owners. Most of them are actually free for previous owners. As i said greedy company 2K is even giving them for free.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
I'm pulling for Nero and ready to be disappointed. 🤡

Last I heard, there's only one unrevealed character that hasn't been leaked. My hopes for edgy zoo man are getting ground into dust.
Is Nero even in a piece of blue glass moon?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
This has to be where Bloodborne Remastered will finally be unveiled, exclusively on PS5 for a while (1 year at least).
I don't really understand why they would make it timed exclusive to PS5. Do Sony expect PC gamers, the same ones who waited for many years on Bb PC to run out and buy a PS5, a machine that's already hard to find? I don't understand the logic.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I don't really understand why they would make it timed exclusive to PS5. Do Sony expect PC gamers, the same ones who waited for many years on Bb PC to run out and buy a PS5, a machine that's already hard to find? I don't understand the logic.
For same reason they made FFVII exclusive then extended that for "Remasterd" version.

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
For same reason they made FFVII exclusive then extended that for "Remasterd" version.
Then why release their own games on PC? FFVII can at least be bought on PS4. Bb will be timed exclusive to a machine that's very hard to find. Sony surely knows that PC players will wait regardless for Bb PC and won't hunt down a PS5.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Then why release their own games on PC? FFVII can at least be bought on PS4. Bb will be timed exclusive to a machine that's very hard to find. Sony surely knows that PC players will wait regardless for Bb PC and won't hunt down a PS5.
You can get Bloodborne on PS4 too.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You can get Bloodborne on PS4 too.
And PC players still don't care. As someone who owns a PS4, PS5 and finished Bb 3 times, I will wait till the PC version if out if it is timed exclusive to PS5. And Im sure that PC players won't care about Bb Remastered on PS5.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm sure there will be a lot of PC players with PS5s that will buy Bloodborne PS5 AND the PC version when it inevitably releases.
From Software attracts the kind of player that will triple, quad or Penta-dip if they can.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I see that Epic dropped coupons for second sale in a row.
They only do coupons for the Mega Sale in the spring and the winter sale. They gave away an individual coupon last year when Rocket League went F2P, but that was a one off.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Yeah Nioh 2 had EOS at launch which was a pretty big hint the series would show up at that store at some point.

• Eyes

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
That Yoko Tarot game looks interesting... I'm guessing it's like a deckbuilder, or something? Hopefully not like a live-service card game.
So playing Genshin is more like... work? lol
I suppose? It's about staying ahead of a FOMO cycle when there's nothing intrinsically keeping me invested.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I thought Valve had a new crossplay option in the works, starting with Destiny 2 this fall, am I thinking of something different?

Status
Not open for further replies.