Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Maybe true, maybe false, who knows. Since Konami has so far only been using Steam and SIE doesn't have any problems with Steam, I expect PS5/PS4/Steam day 1, then other consoles 1 year after.

#TeamFake here, what a coincidence that today those 3 pictures leak and there's already a contractual slide lol.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
and Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes will be better.
Given that I don't think most of the people who made Suikoden are even still at Konami, and the last few projects that they slapped the name on, I'd actually rather have them not try to do anything with it anymore.

I'm all in on Eiyuden though. (Well, for a definition of "all in" that is "backed at the basic tier" :p)

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
My worry is that, with the new PS5 emulator, we end up with a situation off them just releasing on the PS5 and calling it job done. A bit like the Valkerie Profile in the new Elysium package.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I replayed Suikoden recently!
Hadn't played it in decades, I loved it back then.

Yeah, that was better left in nostalgia, honestly the worst JRPG I've played... since then, pretty much.
Story and characters are trash, combat is miserable and even simpler than FF1, it looks absolutely atrocious (I replayed far superior games like Star ocean 2 and the Tales of games, that might explain things... but Suikoden doesn't even look good for the SNES, it's that bad), and my biggest shock: the level design.
The "dungeons" would be right at home today. A copy/pasted corridor with nothing to grab your attention, and the cities? The cities! Fuck me! The dog people village, I genuinely though It was an emulator bug, it's a couple of houses set in two rows with nothing else done to the map. My 1997 RPGMaker city I threw together in 10 minutes looked better!

Genuinely one of my most heartbreaking experiences in a long, long time.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
folks, 12700K or 12600K for 50$ less? :thinking-face:
For 50$ I say YOLO and go full potato. But it's a super easy choice because it's not my money.
Wait. Is it my money ?

This post is in no way an endorsement of CPU I barely know about and was just made for the joke. Because a good joke make for a better day. And, uh, obviously it's not one of them. Sorry.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Tried Tower of Fantasy today. Actually not sure if I like it or not.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for, but personally I didn't think it was a good game and I dropped it fast.
The story is awful. It's extremely unpolished. The UX is a nightmare. Monetization looks "generous" at first glance, but imo is very predetory in the details. PVP in a gacha game is never good. The graphics are not bad, but the actual art design and area design is all over the place and not really inspired. Exploration is bad with a bunch of design decisions that were immediate red flags to me.
To be fair, I watched some of the upcoming content, and it looks legitimately better, but too late, I guess. (And it's not like the core systems I have issues with are gonna change).

If you're looking for a F2P anime game with open world-ish exploration Genshin is vastly superior.
If you're looking for an anime MMORPG, FF14 is vastly superior and can also be played for free for quite a lot of time.
If you're particularly looking for an anime sorta-MMORPG with more action heavy combat and some exploration, PSO2 New Genesis is a better choice too, imo (even though that game lost me as well, fairly early on).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Ok, Hitman 1 finished. Went blind with the obvious story missions for each location. Now to do the others, but not sure I want to display the missions (too easy) or look for them (sometime boring).
I could try blind but with different starting locations, maybe some stories are evident if you start elsewhere.

Or maybe I should immediately follow with Hitman 2 ? Hmm...
Hitman is great and its replay-ability is one of its best features. First time through i probably blitzed through the levels once and then I liked to go back and try a level a few times, starting with a different start location and going for a different type of kill to tick off the challenges, getting that location mastery up.

Currently playing Hitman 3 and besides some graphic issues (mad stuttering no matter what settings) im really enjoying it.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY PEOPLE!!!

At the end of Friday's stream we played about 30 minutes of Fuga: Melodies of Steel and while I'm still a little worried it won't be a great stream game we're going to give it a whole stream to see if it clicks for folks. Like I mentioned Friday it's one I'm going to play through either way and it'll be fun sharing that experience if it's one everyone enjoys. :cuteblob:

We'll be starting in about 10 minutes!

:blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes:

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
No, I don’t follow that series, i don’t play horror games in general
Well, they did remaster Silent Hill 2 and 3 a few years ago... and it's terrible, because Konami lost the original source code and the game is scuffed as hell

• Sad

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Well, they did remaster Silent Hill 2 and 3 a few years ago... and it's terrible, because Konami lost the original source code and the game is scuffed as hell

Tbh i’m easy to please so i’d be fine even with a 1:1 port

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
On Steam its not possible to start a game without updating it?
I'm trying to play an older build of GTA IV, with GFWL, but Steam keeps telling me that I've to update and there isn't an option available to avoid it
There is a workaround but it means staying offline and i want to avoid that, I swear i remember there was an option somewhere

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
On Steam its not possible to start a game without updating it?
I'm trying to play an older build of GTA IV, with GFWL, but Steam keeps telling me that I've to update and there isn't an option available to avoid it
There is a workaround but it means staying offline and i want to avoid that, I swear i remember there was an option somewhere
I don't think there is an option (unless the developer puts it on a branch... which they always should but that's a different story).

However, you can do it without staying offline by editing the file Steam checks to see which version you have installed.

Hmm, I couldn't recall the details so with googling I found this:

That explains both the option I used (editing the appmanifest) and also alternatives.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Humble Choice Septemeber 2022 leaks and hints by French leaker billbil-kun

1 - Picture of Van Damme + text - Just Cause 4
2 - "TDON TAOK" - Unsolved yet - ????
3 - I beg your forgiveness father - Forgive Me Father
4 - 2nd link with scrambled appid - Crusader Kings 3

Since I'm terrible at puzzles, hints and I have zero knowledge of French everything, I don't know if these guesses are right or wrong. Take them with a grain of salt.

---

Edit. All guesses were right. He posted the confirmed titles today on the following link

Humble Bundle Choice - Août 2022 - The Ascent + A Plague Tale: Innocence + 6 Jeux sur PC (Dématérialisé - Steam) – Dealabs.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.