Community MetaSteam | September 2023 - The galaxy awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
I need some first hand impressions of that update. Because I removed the game from the wishlist because of it's performance issues.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I refunded Jedi Survivor on release because it ran like dogshit, and I tolerate a lot.

To be honest, since its release I’ve basically washed my hands of Star Wars. Sick of it.

So that’s a lost sale for EA. Oh well.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Oh hell yeah. Forgotten City is really good and I don't think it got the play it deserved for being such a cool idea. Definitely hope more people check that one out. It isn't perfect but this is a great way to see a really awesome idea.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I need some first hand impressions of that update. Because I removed the game from the wishlist because of it's performance issues.
Based on impressions from the other forum, it either makes it crash more, or doesn't do anything, or makes it somewhat better. So basically, the same as the past 5 patches. They're just shuffling who gets to experience it at a stable FPS it seems like.

Edit: I can't remember if I uninstalled it or not, if not I will update it and see, since I basically dumped it after the main quest because it was so awful to play on a big TV with the performance issues. Also the combat design and platforming design is worse than the first one so not sure any performance patch will help that.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

I haven't watched it yet, but Swen is always worth watching. Looks like he talks about A LOT of things - the absence of Dispel Magic, new endings, design philosophies, etc.

Reactions: QFNS

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Will play this when it's on Gamepass/EA Play. Will probably buy it on Steam when it's on 90% discount like the first one.

If you plan on grabbing the Humble, don't forget to at least threaten to skip a month.
Got the $4 discount, lucky roll.

Reactions: Nabs

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Forgotten City is on my wishlist, I think I'll bookmark the bundle in case I can find some room in my budget to grab it.

Also very curious about the Jedi patch, I don't expect DF to cover it but maybe they'll have a section in DF Direct for some impressions. DLSS is nice too, assuming it's well implemented, which I guess at this point isn't a given with this game at least.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm guessing that Phil, Todd and Co are happy with Starfields reception?

Overall (yes there is some performance issues that hopefully get some updates in the future) I would say people are liking the game.

It's sadly not the huge hit that they were hoping for (critically acclimated game) but it's still fun.

On Steam it has very positive reviews.

Reactions: thekeats1999

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Just checked and it's kind of amazing it's landing at 88% recommended on Steam. Isn't that OC score too?

Interesting coincidence.

Reactions: lashman and PC-tan

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Just checked and it's kind of amazing it's landing at 88% recommended on Steam. Isn't that OC score too?

Interesting coincidence.
That's actually kind of surprising. I was sure the game would get murdered in the Steam reviews for performance issues and bugs. People must be genuinely enjoying the experience. I know I am. I don't subscribe to the "It gets good after X number of hours" idea because I've personally been liking it from the start but I have to admit it gets more addictive as you get farther into the game and do more quests and visit more planets and unlock more game systems.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Interesting coincidence.
High 80s seems to be what the game feels like.

I tried out the new Star Wars update and the game still feels heavy at some points (I will try to further change updates, from what I remember Alex from DF said you had to restart the fan evrytime you tried to change the graphics settings or something like that)

One of the big improvements that I have noticed are cutscenes. Before they use to stutter like crazy when they were changing the scene. The only "minor" issue now is that when it loads the next scene that you notice rag doll physics for about 1-2 seconds and then it's normal. Which is better than what it use to be before. Luckily the rag doll stuff only applies to object and not people (if Kal has goggles around his neck, they bounce around when they show him for about 1 second.

By the way from ahR I remember the patch notes said that all the console versions will have the cutscenes locked to 30fps even though the XSX and PS5 now have a performance mode that is locked at 60fps now. I don't blame them for doing that since cut screens look weird at above 30fps. At 30fps they looked cinematic but in a few moments it would go to 44fps or so on my PC and they would just look weird. Maybe it just looks like that since you are not in control of your Cal In those moments.
------------

By the way I'm guessing that Sony fans don't understand how refunds on Steam work. Maybe that's partially due to the fact that Sony is very stingy with their refund policy. From what I remember you can only get a refund so long as you haven't downloaded the game at all and for pre-orders you have to refund it a few days before it comes out. Nintendo has by far the worst refund policy.

I did a refund for Starfield but that's was just so that I could pre-load the game and play it right away instead of having to download over 100GB of data when the early access period started. People buy so that they can also test their rigs and then refund the game potentially.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm guessing that Phil, Todd and Co are happy with Starfields reception?

Overall (yes there is some performance issues that hopefully get some updates in the future) I would say people are liking the game.

It's sadly not the huge hit that they were hoping for (critically acclimated game) but it's still fun.

On Steam it has very positive reviews.
Time will tell. Xbox execs were billing this as their most important game ever or at the very least since Halo 3. They're expecting a generation defining hit for them and obviously that didn't happen critically (it's gonna get smoked in goty this year) but I guess it could still boost their other metrics like gamepass players. We'll see what happens.

• Sad
Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Is Titanfall 2 really Deck friendly ? Or is it only playable at 480p with all settings down ?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Is Forgotten City similar to Paradise Killer? That game was awesome.
A bit. Its similar - ish in that there isn't any combat and you sort of are investigating by talking to characters. I liked it a lot.

Reactions: kio

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Does Starfield seriously not run at 60fps locked on any hardware?

What happened to the frothing demands of PC gamers, that every game should run at least 60 even on lower end hardware? It seriously doesn't make sense.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
All that season pass garbage will make me stay away from the game. When will these companies learn what their customers want?
The only reason why publishers keep pushing that season pass garbage is because plenty of people keep buying it.
Looking like a pretty decent Choice. Honestly this whole year has been decent-to-good, at least for me.
For me as well. Most games in Choice were on my wishlist.

I do have more than 800 games on my wishlist tho 😋

Reactions: ExistentialThought

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Radeon 7700 XT and 7800 XT reviews:
The 7800 XT seems to trade blows with the 6800 XT depending on the game and review, in some games it's better, but in others it's worse.
While the 7700 XT seems to trade blows with the 6800 non-XT.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Does Starfield seriously not run at 60fps locked on any hardware?

What happened to the frothing demands of PC gamers, that every game should run at least 60 even on lower end hardware? It seriously doesn't make sense.
Bethesda doesn't care about PC. Just look at the UI they shipped in Skyrim, a literal list for everything.

They know that people will buy their games regardless, that mods will make their games far more playable and enjoyable and keep the games fresh and interesting for years, generating a steady revenue stream for decades. So since you get PC for free, they can just focus on the consoles and let the PCs community do their job for them.

Maybe a bit exaggerated , but I think that's roughly what higher-ups at BGS think about the PC platform

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Both Starfield and BG3 need to wait, decided to go ahead and continue with TotK.

Also, based on Steam CCU and Twitch viewers, I think the early access launch was a mistake.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys, is there any easy way to turn a tablet into a second (or third) monitor? I saw in most cases I need to install an app on both devices, any recommendations?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Feel Im getting overwhelmed by all these big games lately. Zelda TotK, only 5 hours into it so far, BG3, 1 hour in and now Starfield.

Decided just go ahead and play Zelda now.

Reactions: Mivey

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Hi guys, is there any easy way to turn a tablet into a second (or third) monitor? I saw in most cases I need to install an app on both devices, any recommendations?
Which tablet?

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Bethesda doesn't care about PC. Just look at the UI they shipped in Skyrim, a literal list for everything.

They know that people will buy their games regardless, that mods will make their games far more playable and enjoyable and keep the games fresh and interesting for years, generating a steady revenue stream for decades. So since you get PC for free, they can just focus on the consoles and let the PCs community do their job for them.

Maybe a bit exaggerated , but I think that's roughly what higher-ups at BGS think about the PC platform
Usually this sort of dismal performance creates at least some review bombing, however.

Maybe it really is an act up supreme sentiment manipulation, by charging so much for early access they have evaded the negative community backlash?

Status
Not open for further replies.