Community MetaSteam | September 2023 - The galaxy awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
From what I can make out, the biggest sin Starfield appears to have made is being “OK”.

oh and not being on a Sony console as well.

What’s a little annoying is that it seems to be helping deflect from performance issues on the PC version.

I am glad that I chose to focus on BG3 instead. Maybe the shitshow will have calmed down by the time i get to it.
Yeah, I'm like 30 seconds away from just muting all Starfield discourse online. The bad-faith s**t-stirring is just so blatantly transparent at this point.

My current rotation is so backed up that it might be some time before I get to the game, but hopefully by then the discourse will be more muted as online communities find another target of ire to go all toxic over.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
As with all mainline FF, expect at least 6 months of EGS exclusivity and then Steam
No, actually don't expect that and let's see what happens. Square has a new CEO, maybe there were deals already signed before that but if they weren't I wouldn't be surprised to see Square's release strategy start finally making sense.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Final Fantasy XVI is an average game, but a great experience. If you like cinematic setpieces then XVI delivers in spades and has cutscenes on the level of a Naughty Dog title. If you're not a fan of that, you're looking at a watered down Devil May Cry with hardly any RPG elements.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
To be fair you didn't even listen to yourself. After playing the demo you said was bad, you bought it anyway!

Then again, I can't really talk. I was duped into buying Starfield.

If SE release a PC demo I'll check it out. If not, I'll buy it, and it'll have less than two hours to get good before I put a refund request in.
I'm duty bound to buy every mainline FF even when it hurts like this one. And 13. And 15.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
looks like cold steel 3 controller configurations are completely messed up while using a Dualsense Edge, all the buttons that aren't the directional ones or the triangle, square X and O are completely scrambled and it's unplayable like this

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Why does Steam prompt me to lock into a friends account suddenly?
Did they make changes to how familysharing works?

I also suddenly had to relog on one of my PC's. but only my account
the other PC was autologged just fine.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
As with all mainline FF, expect at least 6 months of EGS exclusivity and then Steam
So far the only FF game that was EGS exclusive was FF7 remake.

They always were, just typical lies with square enix and sony

game is mid as fuck anyway
YoshiP said that they were going to start working on a PC version after the release of the PS5 version, and now they started working on a PC version after the release of the PS5 version, I don't see where's the lie.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The BG3 on PS5 sure is going to be something.

As far as I'm aware the game has just released as early access on PS5 yesterday.

In the early days of BG3 it was all good news but as soon as you reached the end game stuff is when it looked like the game had performance issues.

From the get go it looks like BG3 has issues on PS5 and by the time it gets to the end game it will only get worse.

I think Sony even publicly on Twitter promoted that the game would support 60fps (they didn't mention,up to) so you will likely see people complaining about it in the next coming weeks about it. Especially with how it's used as "ammunition".

I haven't played BG3 yet but it does makes sense a lot more now as to why it was having issues on the Xbox Series S.
YoshiP said that they were going to start working on a PC version after the release of the PS5 version, and now they started working on a PC version after the release of the PS5 version, I don't see where's the lie.
Technically he did and I believe that was before that comment. It was one of the first ones where he was being asked about a PC version of the game before it released and I believe he said something along the lines that if you want to play FFXVI that you should go out and buy a PS5. Which is where people have the issue with this.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Technically he did and I believe that was before that comment. It was one of the first ones where he was being asked about a PC version of the game before it released and I believe he said something along the lines that if you want to play FFXVI that you should go out and buy a PS5. Which is where people have the issue with this.
Here's the full quote from back in February, his comment about hoping people will enjoy the PS5 version was said in the context of people expecting a PC version within 6 months of the PS5 version release, which he said back then that a PC version is not going to be ready in that time.

First of all, it is true that "FINAL FANTASY XVI" is a six-month timed exclusive on the PS5 platform. However, that and the PC version coming out six months later are two completely different stories. I want to make it clear that the PC version will not be released in six months.

Because we have spent a lot of time and money optimizing the PS5 platform in order to deliver the best gaming experience possible. Of course, we would like to release a PC version at some point so that as many people as possible can play the game. However, if we start optimizing the PC version after the PS5 version is released, we will not be able to optimize it in six months, so it will not be released in a short span of six months. We would like to release it eventually, and I think we will, but right now we are not at the stage where we can say when.

First of all, I would be happy if you could play the PS5 version, which we have been working on to make the best game in the world. If the PC version comes out in six months, I may quit the company (laughs). I hope you will enjoy the PS5 version first, without saying, "I won't buy the PS5 version because the PC version will be released in six months anyway."

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Here's the full quote from back in February, his comment about hoping people will enjoy the PS5 version was said in the context of people expecting a PC version within 6 months of the PS5 version release, which he said back then that a PC version is not going to be ready in that time.
The comment that I'm referring to, I believe is actually before this. I can't remember the exact quote.

I could be wrong but the initial quote was something else that came before this one.

This quote I remember was saying more or less that there would flat out be no PC version when he was asked about it, over a year ago. The quote you are showing is saying how if there was a PC version that it realistically takes more than 6 months to get ready, so that they would be able to release it by the time the 6 month exclusive deal ends.

I will admit that's it has been a while but I believe that there was another comment that he mentioned about exclusivity that he mentioned a few months prior to the one you are sharing.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
illgames will also release games on Steam
Former illusion
HoneyCome come come party is already up on Steam and releases in 3 days.

(it's leaked and can be downloaded right now on usual sites since few days ago : P)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Curious if I should start on either BG3 or Starfield or wait for patches for both. I only played a few min of BG3 due to some other games I wanted to play first. However I loved D:OS 2 so much I feel I really badly wanna play BG3. I also really should play more ToTK.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
An era member has been messaging me because they registered for the site but put in the wrong email so they can't finish the registration process, is their any way for them to fix it?

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
The comment that I'm referring to, I believe is actually before this. I can't remember the exact quote.

I could be wrong but the initial quote was something else that came before this one.

This quote I remember was saying more or less that there would flat out be no PC version when he was asked about it, over a year ago. The quote you are showing is saying how if there was a PC version that it realistically takes more than 6 months to get ready, so that they would be able to release it by the time the 6 month exclusive deal ends.

I will admit that's it has been a while but I believe that there was another comment that he mentioned about exclusivity that he mentioned a few months prior to the one you are sharing.
Ah, I had forgotten about that earlier comment.

Hmm, searched about it and the context about that comment, there was the trailer in december that revealed the PS5 6 months exclusivity period, which resulted in people talking about the PC version releasing 6 months after the PS5 version. A month later during a FF14 mahjong tournament yoship was asked about the PC version of FF16:
Genki_JPN said:
Yoshi-P on rumors of a Final Fantasy XVI PC version! "Nobody said a word about a PC version releasing. Why is it like a PC version is releasing 6 months later? Don't worry about that, buy a PS5! (laughs) Sorry, I went overboard. We did our best so please look forward to it" lol

He said some people were talking about a PC version and this was his take. (rough translation by me)
Seems like quote I posted earlier from february (which was in the JP playstation blog) was done to clarify (or damage control) this previous comment that he did in the mahjong tournament.

• This!
Reactions: C-Dub and PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
[
illgames will also release games on Steam
Former illusion
HoneyCome come come party is already up on Steam and releases in 3 days.

(it's leaked and can be downloaded right now on usual sites since few days ago : P)
Ah, I had forgotten about that earlier comment.

Hmm, searched about it and the context about that comment, there was the trailer in december that revealed the PS5 6 months exclusivity period, which resulted in people talking about the PC version releasing 6 months after the PS5 version. A month later during a FF14 mahjong tournament yoship was asked about the PC version of FF16:

Seems like quote I posted earlier from february (which was in the JP playstation blog) was done to clarify (or damage control) this previous comment that he did in the mahjong tournament.
Yeah I believe this is the one, were more or less he was saying if you want to play the game how people should go out and buy a PS5. And how it was for damage control.

I'll likely end up buying FFXVI but it likely won't be until it's a complete edition.

Reactions: ezodagrom

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Thanks for the thread Mor!

Ive played around 16 hours of Starfield through last weekend (around 11 hours on XSX, and 5 hours on XGP PC). And I... actually really like it!

The start of the game is just really rough, as its unnecessarily truncated and not particularly interesting. Game also has a really bad UI that's hard to get anything done in (I literally had to Google how to dock my ship, and considering that I found 5 articles telling me how to do it it appears to be a popular search term lol).

But once you get going, juggling a bunch of different quest lines at once and basically get set loose to go wherever you want, the game is just insanely good. So much good content, with really high quality side quests and fun random encounters.

I eventually gave up on the console version and started playing on XGP PC (my hatred for Microsoft's terrible store was outweighed by my desire to save 70 bucks, lol), and god damn that game looks phenomenal. The framerate takes a decent hit in heavily populated areas (at both 4K and 1440p, so I assume that its a CPU thing) but the game looks and plays so much better than the console version that I don't mind heh.

Overall, I still like BG3 more than this for sure (at this point - given the expansive nature of the map, it's also incredibly ripe for potential modding), but it also scratches an entirely different itch for me. Starfield is an unrepentantly Bethesda game, and if you loved their older shit you'll love this too.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I have a question about Deathloop:

Last night the game told me I have to kill 8 specific people in one day. If I die when trying to kill the last person, the day is over. Does this mean I have to start all over again and kill everyone again?

Reactions: Mivey

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Last night the game told me I have to kill 8 specific people in one day. If I die when trying to kill the last person, the day is over. Does this mean I have to start all over again and kill everyone again?
Ad far as I remember yes. But if you did them one by one before you already know where they will be and you can plan how to do it. It's easy.

And after 10+ hours with Starfield it really is complicated game to rate. It's not for everyone for sure.

Reactions: Ge0force

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019

Yes but don't bother worrying about that, it's much more a marketing ploy than a gameplay mechanic, although it's true you have to restart the whole day if you die. The game is linear but the mid part is somewhat open, meaning the beginning and end paths are always the same but you're free to explore all the maps and learn all the routes and routines, plus at the end of each day you get to keep some of the loot you found, efectively making the following day easier and making the path towards the end less daunting.

It's a good game. I liked it more than Prey and a million times more than Dishonored 2

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Last edited:

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
AMD can not mandate it and at the same time write down your name in their notebook if you implement DLSS so they don't offer you the same deal next time.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I cannot believe it is already September. That means I only have until the 19th when I return to work from parental leave. :loudly-crying-face: Already not looking forward to have to think about work again, but I have been grateful for this time with my family.

Still slowly plugging away at BG3, but did try Starfield, it feels like I need to space them out a bit. Tried a smidge of Hadean Tactics and this game seems like something I could sink some time into.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
This sort of shit, with AMD making deals to keep features off of platforms, with modders charging for mods and adding DRM... This sort of shit it going to keep me far the fuck away from toxic as hell releases like this...

Might as well be mobile P2P microtransactions and shit

Status
Not open for further replies.