Community MetaSteam | September 2024 - The emperor protects, BOY!

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
kinda impressive they managed to make a sequel and somehow not get caught by Nintendo lawyers.
Like, that thing couldn't look more like Kirby if they tried

EDIT:

Oh wow, turns out this is actually a sequel to an old Sunsoft game, not some indie title. And it predates Kirby!
!

Damn
It's actually just a couple months older than the first Kirby, too. And the original game is hard. Well, maybe not impossibly hard, but you know how those NES platformers are, they require precision. While Kirby is very lenient because of the flying.

Reactions: Mivey

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
People ass usual are very out of their minds.

People still seem to blame the reason for Concord doing so badly because it's "woke". And seem to not even acknowledge the bigger issues. Like how the game likely didn't do well since it's cost $40, since they didn't do a good job at showing the game. Artifact 2.0 (Valve would known) so before people were even trying out the game, it was already doomed.

Or maybe the biggest issue is the actual gameplay. I saw Penguiz0 play the game and parts of it didn't look that bad, but the whole idea of having to pick a new character each round doesn't sound that good of an idea. Other parts like the animation and how it was very over budget were likely also contributing factors as well. They put in more work into mocap then was needed, the mocap looks like but it's just too nice for what you are doing which is playing a FPS game.

• Toucan
Reactions: Cacher and Lashley

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
In the Future, Concord will be a unit to measure how badly or not a game bombed.

"But they had 5 concords and still closed down!"
The Concord saga has been absolutely hilarious to witness and had a perfect ending. A game in the works for 8 years lasting barely over 8 days gives it direct entry into the Pantheon of All-Time Bombas. Everyone had assumed that Suicide Squad had bomba of the year on lock but then Concord snatched away the crown and sprinted all the way up Mt. Everest to ensure no other game can even dream of getting close to it. I spent more time reading about Concord on Resetera than I've spent there in years. On a site fully powered by delusion, the Concord OT was a sight to behold. People writing walls of text with superlative praise for every aspect of the game and questioning the intelligence of those who didn't buy it. On the other threads people came up with a laundry list of excuses to explain it's failure - having a price tag, a crowded market, being an Overwatch clone, lack of marketing and even gameplay related reasons - all of which are demonstrably false. Then you had the people in denial, insisting that the game was doing perfectly fine on console and one even suggesting that Playstation copies sold could be up to 5000% more than Steam. Elsewhere you had people endlessly roasting the game. Also interesting to see what happens to a Sony triple-A first party game when Sony doesn't spend a bajillion dollars building up hype and their loyal lackey bloggers esteemed game journalists don't carpet bomb Metacritic with 10/10 reviews.

What an entertaining trainwreck it has been.

450W is already absurd, not as much as 600W but it's basically on the same level.
I'm not sure what the problem is with 450W or even 600W to be honest. We're past the days where a 650W PSU was good enough to power a gaming PC. These new GPUs have billions and billions of transistors working to deliver performance that is exponentially better than it used to be in those days. More importantly, if you are Nvidia and you have to release a new series of products that necessarily has to outperform your own 2 year old products, and you have not been able to achieve substantial efficiency gains (which is very, very, very hard), then what other option do you have? Do you just match your old hardware or not release anything at all?

I remember buying an 800W PSU around 2015 when the Witcher 3 came out. I upgraded to a 1200W PSU a couple of years ago when I built my new PC. Having a good quality PSU with headroom to spare is a good investment if you are into high end PC gaming IMO. Also, the GPUs don't run at 450W most of the time anyway. Power consumption only goes up with the most demanding software out there... not a huge concern for day to day use I think.

Cool , save my money this month
I stop my sub every time they give us a EGS store key
Not that this month's offering was of much interest to me to begin with, but I also cancelled my subscription on principle and mentioned this as the reason.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
------------

For this that can't see the tweet, it's the official GameStop Twitter account telling a guy that just bought Concord that they have some bad news did him. The guy in question made a post yesterday saying that he has been offline for a bit and that he is excited to try out his copy of Concord this coming weekend.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
------------

For this that can't see the tweet, it's the official GameStop Twitter account telling a guy that just bought Concord that they have some bad news did him. The guy in question made a post yesterday saying that he has been offline for a bit and that he is excited to try out his copy of Concord this coming weekend.

Can't even be upset with Gamestop for taking jabs at stuff like this.

They are basically carrying dead weight when shit like this happens. Physical copies of multiplayer/online only games is in itself stupid asf.

Both companies look bad with situations like this. But its not surprising. Nobody cares about consumer rights anymore so might as well turn everything into internet jokes.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Can't even be upset with Gamestop for taking jabs at stuff like this.

They are basically carrying dead weight when shit like this happens. Physical copies of multiplayer/online only games is in itself stupid asf.

Both companies look bad with situations like this. But its not surprising. Nobody cares about consumer rights anymore so might as well turn everything into internet jokes.
I saw an ads for GameStop that was giving away Deadlock for free. If you traded in a first party song title for PS5 you would get this game for free.

---------;--;------

The next big disaster after Concord that I can see happening, will either be Star Citizen related? Maybe? It would be insane if it officially comes out and then they just shut everything down, not sure why that would happen but it's a possibility?

Anyway it will be assuming when that one Grummz game comes out and to see what it is actually like. The dude spends to much time on Twitter bagging on other peoples games but once people start to question him about the state of his game he gets very upset and defensive.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
People ass usual are very out of their minds.

People still seem to blame the reason for Concord doing so badly because it's "woke". And seem to not even acknowledge the bigger issues. Like how the game likely didn't do well since it's cost $40, since they didn't do a good job at showing the game. Artifact 2.0 (Valve would known) so before people were even trying out the game, it was already doomed.

Or maybe the biggest issue is the actual gameplay. I saw Penguiz0 play the game and parts of it didn't look that bad, but the whole idea of having to pick a new character each round doesn't sound that good of an idea. Other parts like the animation and how it was very over budget were likely also contributing factors as well. They put in more work into mocap then was needed, the mocap looks like but it's just too nice for what you are doing which is playing a FPS game.
People try to blame chuds and assholes for Concords failure just because they believe their beloved Sony can not do wrong or because they love the game.
What is really happening is, that the chuds and idiots CLAIM to be responsible for concords failure, nothing more. And it plays into their hands if people fall for it.

What does that really say about "us" that a few anti DEI idiots on the internet could tank a multi hundred million dollar game, that only 25k people bought the game? That there is no countermovement to save the game?
No, the far right and the chuds had no impact on this massive bomb of a game, that game just has no audience. And believing or claiming the chuds made it so, will just play into the hands of the far right and make corporations even less likely to be more diverse and inclusive.

Sony had no idea why Helldivers was a success, and they have no idea why Concord bombed, that is all there is to it.

Gaming Corporations don't know shit about their audience or the market, they just luck into a Genre or "niche" and fumble most of the time when they try to make something different because they chase trends that they don't understand.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
------------

Either the joke really went over their heads or they're making a poor attempt at being funny.

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

Lashley

Computer Cowboy šŸ¤ 
Sadly that was like 50% of the quests in Inquisition from what I remember.

But it is a long rpg so there is gonna be filler.

BioWare just needs to make sure there are good companion questlines and interactions + some good main quests. As long as they have that people won't complain too much. I don't have high expectations for side missions. The expectations for this seems to be getting lower and lower so at this point they can only surprise people with some good content imo.
Tbh, I don't know why it needs to be this way.

If you want to do a long RPG why can't it have good side stuff that isn't filler?

Otherwise, just don't attempt a long RPG?

Sorry, just sick of games having awful side stuff after playing Ghost of Tsushima and just remembering that it's better to just mainline the game and do the main story quests than do anything else because it's purely filler and burns you out.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Tbh, I don't know why it needs to be this way.

If you want to do a long RPG why can't it have good side stuff that isn't filler?

Otherwise, just don't attempt a long RPG?

Sorry, just sick of games having awful side stuff after playing Ghost of Tsushima and just remembering that it's better to just mainline the game and do the main story quests than do anything else because it's purely filler and burns you out.
I thinks its mostly because good writing and story telling is hard. A lot harder to do than what most think.

Couple that with devs spending so much time and resources creating these open worlds..it just becomes even harder to properly populate them. The expectations is to always make everything larger so you can market/sell your games against competition. Today's industry is basically a race to be mid.

A lot of game design is just bad too. The way experience, leveling and skills systems in games rarely makes sense.

I think FromSoft and Larian are the only devs in recent years that could make very long games without much pointless fetch quests and filler.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy šŸ¤ 
I thinks its mostly because good writing and story telling is hard. A lot harder to do than what most think.

Couple that with devs spending so much time and resources creating these open worlds..it just becomes even harder to properly populate them. The expectations is to always make everything larger so you can market/sell your games against competition. Today's industry is basically a race to be mid.

A lot of game design is just bad too. The way experience, leveling and skills systems in games rarely makes sense.

I think FromSoft and Larian are the only devs in recent years that could make very long games without much pointless fetch quests and filler.
Yeah CRPGs tend to buck the trend somehow for sure

Reactions: yuraya

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I still remember Witcher 3 for how even minor side quests had unique twists. It was often nothing overly fancy, a simple choice you get to make, but it was very obvious that they tried their best to make sure each and every quest was different and challenged your expectation a little bit at least, and served to help you role play as Geralt

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Predictions on how well Astro Bot will do? People are very excited for the game, Sony is doing a big marketing push for the game. And the devs said they would be interested in releasing it on PC in the future.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Predictions on how well Astro Bot will do? People are very excited for the game, Sony is doing a big marketing push for the game. And the devs said they would be interested in releasing it on PC in the future.
Hope it does well.
The number of people that have been complaining about the lack of this type of game from Sony sure seems big, at least.
Seriously though, the game is getting some serious marketing so I hope it does decent numbers. Reviews should be good as well. I don't have a PS5 so I hope we get a PC version soon.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Well, Star Wars Outlaws selling poorly might get Ubisoft to pull their finger out and start doing day 1 steam releases again

May also get them to change from the same tired formula that the mass audience are clearly sick of
I fully expect Outlaws on Steam in 6 months top, but I think AC Shadows will be their final test. If that one has tepid reactions or sales then their store is finished for good
Doesn't help that I think the vast majority of current gen gamers finally realized how quickly their games fall in price, and how much you don't actually need to play a Ubisoft game day one as you most likely get a worse, buggier experience, and an incomplete package

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
No, it's just Star Wars window dressing on a Far Cry game.
Eh it really isn't. They did try to tweak formula a bit. At it's core it is still Ubisoft outpost raiding simulator but they tried to design those outposts with multiple approaches in mind. And they did made game more cinematic and not feel like it's generated on the fly. It is still not 10/10 game/experience but it is slight step up from their more recent open world games.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Seems like Epic Launcher is needed for Space Marine 2. People won't like that.
any source on this?

If the game uses EOS, then that's a very different thing. A few games use and require it to run their multiplayer stuff, and it might still be possible to block it using a .host file and still play the single player part.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
any source on this?

If the game uses EOS, then that's a very different thing. A few games use and require it to run their multiplayer stuff, and it might still be possible to block it using a .host file and still play the single player part.
Yeah it's EOS

Reactions: Stevey and Mivey

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
This isnt developed at lash but more at the boomer shitters coming out that are like essentially just "Well games sort of looked like shit back then and then you fought some stuff, so my game will look like that too but be released in 2024!"

There's a bunch of retro shooters with like the downgraded pixelated look that have amazing detail
Feels like a bunch of them are kind 0f super low effort

Reactions: lashman