Community MMOs and not so MMOs news, updates, and discussions | Ain't nobody got time for that?

MMO role that defines you

• Total voters

Sygmaelle

Sep 8, 2019
hgow hard is it to set up lost ark, because it english ? any guide ?
1) create an email address on that service -> :Mail.ru: почта, поиск в интернете, новости, игры

2) download the client here : LOST ARK — официальный сайт Action-MMORPG , then download the game

3) close the client

4) Download the fan english patch here : Download English Patch for Lost Ark

5) log via a vpn on a russian server, then load lost ark client, apply the english patch, launch the game

I'm using exitlag, it gives 3 days of free trial which is plenty to get a feel of the game, after that its ~6€ per month.

Lost Ark is entirely free (there are cosmetics / premium subscriptions / and some pay 2 play elements if you wish to but honestly its not necessary at all.

use Sybow code for -15%

KR version has more content but you'll get more lag, also its kinda the russian roulette (no pun intended) to keep a working account

if you wish to play there you need to rent an account here : Verified Lost Ark Korean Server Account | OBTGAME

On top of paying the vpn. The above english fan patch works for both RU and KR versions

In case :
Wait GW1 got a graphical update? Maybe I should play my old love.

Was slightly mistaken in the timeline, it happened last year ;D my bad

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
All of you guys who said to play FF14....DAMN YOU! I'm more addicted to this game than I've been to WOW since WOTLK!!!
Indeed, between work, FF14 and PSO2 (JP), I end up not having much time for other games. xd
While this past week I've been dedicating more time to PSO2 than FF14 since a new class just released there, I think I'm still gonna be able to reach the end of the 3.0 story in FF14 before the year ends.

Reactions: Chudah

Chudah

Just a chick who games
May 24, 2019
Chicago
store.steampowered.com
Indeed, between work, FF14 and PSO2 (JP), I end up not having much time for other games. xd
While this past week I've been dedicating more time to PSO2 than FF14 since a new class just released there, I think I'm still gonna be able to reach the end of the 3.0 story in FF14 before the year ends.
It took us about 2 months to get through Heavensward. There's just so much to do since we're determined (my husband and I) to play through each expansion's end game content before moving on. It's just SO nice to take our time with the game. We were used to the same old RUSH RUSH RUSH of WOW where we had deadlines to get to max level and geared enough to raid by a certain date. It definitely helps that the storytelling is miles better than anything WOW had given us since probably the Lich King.

Reactions: ezodagrom

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
It took us about 2 months to get through Heavensward. There's just so much to do since we're determined (my husband and I) to play through each expansion's end game content before moving on. It's just SO nice to take our time with the game. We were used to the same old RUSH RUSH RUSH of WOW where we had deadlines to get to max level and geared enough to raid by a certain date. It definitely helps that the storytelling is miles better than anything WOW had given us since probably the Lich King.
I started almost 5 months ago, but since I've been leveling up every job (except blue mage), I've been taking it very slowly.
When I first started I didn't intend to play through every job like this, but with each job having their own small stories, I just can't help but want to go through them. xD

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I wish I loved FFXIV more. The whole "you have to do group content to progress the story" thing turned me off. I did get through the base game and started the first expansion but dropped it shortly after that.

Sygmaelle

Sep 8, 2019
I wish I loved FFXIV more. The whole "you have to do group content to progress the story" thing turned me off. I did get through the base game and started the first expansion but dropped it shortly after that.
As one of the best dragoon pre 1st expansion (I left the game after they revamped dragoon for 3.0 or something, shortly after introducing Ninja anyway), I couldn't justify to pay a sub in order to have one or two evenings of raids per week + 1 - 2 hours of dungeon runs after that in order to get capped in tomes, since the pvp scene was dead

Came back for stormblood, did all the omega runs and yeah nowadays its just more of the same, I'll still definitely do Shadowbringers because there's nothing like it on the market