Community Pet Paradise - Post Everything about your pets!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

'How do I clean my nose ? Why are you laughing ? Is this a game to you, human ?'

Turn out Flammèche LOVES creamy yogurts. To the point that eating my breakfast before the yogurt is difficult. To the point of needing two spoons :tightly-closed-eyes:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
'How do I clean my nose ? Why are you laughing ? Is this a game to you, human ?'

Turn out Flammèche LOVES creamy yogurts. To the point that eating my breakfast before the yogurt is difficult. To the point of needing two spoons :tightly-closed-eyes:
He's getting so big! Such an adorable kitty! :cat-heart-blob:

• Love
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Forgot to post these here. Pops had to have a lump removed from between her front legs about 5-6 weeks ago.

She had to wear t-shits for 4 weeks to stop her interfering with the stitches/wound:

Looking better, you can still see the scar between her front legs:

Bonus puppy picture I found of her in the horrible old rented house's kitchen:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Serious cat issues over the weekend.

It was like a nature show in my house. Full on predator vs hapless prey action. The predators? Mittens. The Prey? My food.

It would sit there and wait until I was done eating. It didn't matter what it was, she wanted in. If it was chicken, she would pace and then meow. Pace and meow. Cereal? She wanted the left over milk. Pasta? She plays with it.

My sisters cat actually catches mice and brings them to her. My cat only hunts chicken cutlets.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Thursday night: vomiting
Friday night: vomiting
Saturday morning: vomiting

So well, my late Saturday morning was at the vet, worried :anguished-face:

Turns out the physical exam was good and he just prescribed some pill for a few days.
That my cat vomited asap.
So he had his first pill in shot form.

We have to watch over him this week end, Monday is neutering time.

I'm glad nothing major was detected, still a little worried, and my budget is now a war zone. Vets don't joke around.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Thursday night: vomiting
Friday night: vomiting
Saturday morning: vomiting

So well, my late Saturday morning was at the vet, worried :anguished-face:

Turns out the physical exam was good and he just prescribed some pill for a few days.
That my cat vomited asap.
So he had his first pill in shot form.

We have to watch over him this week end, Monday is neutering time.

I'm glad nothing major was detected, still a little worried, and my budget is now a war zone. Vets don't joke around.
good to hear it's (probably) nothing serious

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
hopefully kitty feels better soon!

is pet insurance a thing there? it's usually not something worthwhile for a younger cat unless they have issues but it's something to consider for when they get older and can help negate vet bills for big surprise issues. helped a lot for spock and her kidney issues and rona's cancer.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Kitty has eaten next to nothing today and is curved into a ball on my bed.
I was reassured by the vet but now shitting bricks again.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
poor baby, just try and keep food and water available for kitty and maybe some treats or wet food (just not dairy) to tempt the kitty. even eating a little is a better sign than eating nothing at all.

being on your bed in the open is actually a semi-better sign too. when cats are feeling really bad they'll hide away from you in the darkest corner they can. just keep an eye on them and if it continues another day or so it might be time to call the vet again.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Two little pills. In his paté, nope. In a cream, nope.
Food without pills, nope.

The only good thing, and that’s reaching, is that tomorrow he has to be neutered and must not eat tonight.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
He is in the hands of the vet right now. Never was this agressive/scared, but I would put that on the fact he was there two fucking days ago, he must be fed up. New physical exam was still good, no temp, no ill cat behavior.
She will analyze some blood sample and decide if they neuter him today or not. I couldn't give less fuck about this, heal my kitty, leave his balls alone.

PS.
He didn't eat for 2+ days and gained 100g,
my cat has a beer stash somewhere.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Kitty is back ! :cuteblob:
I should develop but wanted to say it asap. For now it’s 16:40 but come hell or high water, it’s nap time for me and the little one. My baby is back [UWSL]:photoblobheart:[/UWSL]

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
So, to expand a little on my previous post.
Nice lady vet took blood sample and analyzed it, kitty is peachy.
Then, decidedly very nice vet lady did some medical imagery and again, kitty is peachy.

So kitty was neutered as planned. And we don't really know what he suffered from, some gastric thing most probably. The only dark possibility would be something stuck in is bowels that wouldn't appears on the scans because of a non metallic nature. So gotta watch for poop.

But ! I can attest that he ate today (with the painkilling liquid sneakily in), and I'm just waiting for him to make a big old stinker in his litter to release 3-4 days of anxiety. His behavior is back to normal at least.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So, to expand a little on my previous post.
Nice lady vet took blood sample and analyzed it, kitty is peachy.
Then, decidedly very nice vet lady did some medical imagery and again, kitty is peachy.

So kitty was neutered as planned. And we don't really know what he suffered from, some gastric thing most probably. The only dark possibility would be something stuck in is bowels that wouldn't appears on the scans because of a non metallic nature. So gotta watch for poop.

But ! I can attest that he ate today (with the painkilling liquid sneakily in), and I'm just waiting for him to make a big old stinker in his litter to release 3-4 days of anxiety. His behavior is back to normal at least.
good news then :) that's great to hear

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Great to hear! I wondered if it was just kitty stress.
I'm waiting to hear that you get a Jurassic Park sized dump to deal with as revenge for all the prodding and poking and RIP Balls.
Li Kao is VTuber Roboco confirmed. The picture in the "Where we game thread." was just a distraction.

Video is of Roboco's PC and setup. Her "Battlestation" as they call it.

edit: Whaaaaaa?!
How can Cat in a basket under the monitor get disapproval? :confounded-face:
lashman is Tin Man confirmed.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm tired.
Those last few days have been full of problems, but we just hit the jackpot.

Kitty wants to go out. We let him chill on the windows and balcony, then we let him chill in the hall, and now it's outdoor or bust. Already two fugues.
Last one was today, 15-20 minutes to get him back. In the basement, because then it was another 10-15 there.
Now he is crying his heart out in front of the door. My heart is breaking.

I know some people will say to just let him out. I don't know. If we do that it's another vaccine shot and the risk of being rolled over by a car or take a beating from stray cats. I'm really sad, whatever your opinion of me here is, believe me, I'm torn apart.

Edit : I opened the door, fuck everything.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Hug
Reactions: ISee and lashman

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I know some people will say to just let him out. I don't know. If we do that it's another vaccine shot and the risk of being rolled over by a car or take a beating from stray cats. I'm really sad, whatever your opinion of me here is, believe me, I'm torn apart.
The city is really not a place for domestic cats to roam around, I cannot tell you what to do, obviously, but my suggestion is to keep him inside. Did you get him sterilized? If not, maybe he's in heat and wants out because of that? There are way too many risks involved and available vaccines are not enough to prevent serious diseases cats can get from stray ones.

If you're of the idea that the risk is worth it because you think cats should be free to roam I can respect that. In that case I suggest getting one of those GPS trackers that connect to your phone so you can at least know where he is. Also, get him chipped.