Community Pet Paradise - Post Everything about your pets!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Today kitty messed up a jump and I’m mad worried.
I was sorting the mess in my bedroom and he jumped on my back and then on top of a wardrobe. But the top was full of little boxes and it rained boxes... and cat.
Since then he messed up pretty much all his jumps.

What do I do ? He never cried out, but he is not exactly the talkative type. Should I just wait to see if things go back to normal by themselves ? Take kitty to the vet for some scan ?
If we except my horrible fears born of my natural anxiousness, like maybe he hurt his head etc. I’m still really worried he could hurt himself when trying another jump.

:cryblob:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I was sorting the mess in my bedroom and he jumped on my back and then on top of a wardrobe. But the top was full of little boxes and it rained boxes... and cat.

What do I do ? He never cried out, but he is not exactly the talkative type. Should I just wait to see if things go back to normal by themselves ? Take kitty to the vet for some scan ?
If we except my horrible fears born of my natural anxiousness, like maybe he hurt his head etc. I’m still really worried he could hurt himself when trying another jump.

How tall was the fall? Did he land on his paws?

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

It won't hurt to get your cat checked up. I appreciate there's a cost involved with vet visits but it's better to make sure he's okay and if treatment is needed get it sorted before it becomes a bigger problem.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Perhaps take kitty to the vet? they might be able to check if kitty is hurt. :(

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Li Kao
I've got four cats, all outdoor cats and adventurous. Literally any time I've ever taken them to the vet with an injury or illness, it was a total waste of time and money. Every single time. No matter how bad I thought it was, and it takes a lot to get me to worry. They all healed on their own given a few days to rest and recover. So I don't know if your cat should go, of course, but I wanted to say don't worry too much - cats are incredibly resilient and do amazing things with rest.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
2 meters. Not sure about the landing, it was a fall, quick and chaotic with kitty flailing the air. That being said he didn’t do a faceplant and ran out of the room asap.
I think hthe kitty might be ok. Mine climbed a 2.5m ladder and couldn't come down, when I went to rescue him he just jumped down and was ok.

Though pay attention to the kitty and watch if he is limping around. Though if you're still not sure a visit to the vet will help even if only to confirm that the kitty is ok.

• Love
Reactions: PossiblyPudding

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm no Vet but looking at the video my impression is that they've just had a bit of a knock to their confidence and maybe pulled a muscle or sprained something. If they are not vocal or limping etc I'd just keep an eye on them to be honest. Young kitty probably hasn't had a fall like that for a while and hopefully it's got him a bit shook is all.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks to living on this farm and having cats prior to that even I've seen falls of all sorts, which of course doesn't make them any less frightening, but I've come to the conclusion that cats are magic and/or made of some substance that is not comprehensible to humans outside of them being adorable. [UWSL]:blobnerd:[/UWSL]

Being serious though, Mitsy has jumped from a second story window when she was 3 or 4 and is about to turn 14 this year and Bubbles (one of the farm cats) fell from a tree branch and landed on the roof of the tool shed when she was young. She went on to be a great mom with about a half dozen healthy litters.

So I definitely agree with everyone else. Most likely he's just scared after the fall and is being more cautious. He'll be back to his normal self before you know it I'm sure. But I do also agree that keeping an eye on him just in case is great advice.

And as a quick aside, Wally has been both very smart and a brat this winter so far.

He keeps lying on the biggest furnace floor vent to stay warm.

..I want some heat too! [UWSL]:crying-face:[/UWSL]

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
and it's great to see Nagato make another appearance. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I don't have many photos of him because mostly of the time he will be sleeping on our couch, though now he took a liking to sleep over my wife's laptop :rolleyes:
Some more Nagato photos I found on my old phone:

Inside a boxes:

Revealed content

Inside a crib:

Revealed content
Murder Face
Revealed content
Sleeping

Revealed content

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I'm wandering around more than before, sometime 2-3h a day. Only our dog and my smartphone are accompanying me.
Taking a "good" picture of him is quiet difficult. But I sometimes manage something acceptable and wanted to share it with you.

After falling down stairs once, he is now terribly afraid of them. He is a rather small dog, so carrying him up and down once a day is no big deal.

But last year, when my nephew was visiting we all had a pillow fight upstairs that involved a lot of loud noises and screaming from the kids. He rushed the stairs upwards without hesitation and threw himself between the kids and me, because he thought it was a serious fight. He didn't attack me or even barked at me, just stood there with iron determination to take the pillow hits instead of the kids.

My family sometimes jokes that he is a scary cat, but since that day I know: He is able to overcome his deepest fears to protect the "young ones".
That's the quintessence of bravery, if you ask me.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm wandering around more than before, sometime 2-3h a day. Only our dog and my smartphone are accompanying me.
Taking a "good" picture of him is quiet difficult. But I sometimes manage something acceptable and wanted to share it with you.

After falling down stairs once, he is now terribly afraid of them. He is a rather small dog, so carrying him up and down once a day is no big deal.

But last year, when my nephew was visiting we all had a pillow fight upstairs that involved a lot of loud noises and screaming from the kids. He rushed the stairs upwards without hesitation and threw himself between the kids and me, because he thought it was a serious fight. He didn't attack me or even barked at me, just stood there with iron determination to take the pillow hits instead of the kids.

My family sometimes jokes that he is a scary cat, but since that day I know: He is able to overcome his deepest fears to protect the "young ones".
Those are more than acceptable! The first one is stunning in particular. And that dog is the sweetest, bravest thing, he's amazing.

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018

That's a cute dog

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
It has been confirmed to me on good authority that my cat is not broken. I was worried for a second there.

And while we are at it, this is his favorite past time ! Nuking my hands :cryblob:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I don’t know what to do anymore. My cat nearly jumped over the balcony. Twice.
For the time being I try to occupy him and will have to endure his cries.

I’m desperate for a solution. I only want his best. Outside it’s just parkings, roads and other cats my dumb macho cat pick fights with.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

Panda Pedinte

Sep 20, 2018
I don’t know what to do anymore. My cat nearly jumped over the balcony. Twice.
For the time being I try to occupy him and will have to endure his cries.

I’m desperate for a solution. I only want his best. Outside it’s just parkings, roads and other cats my dumb macho cat pick fights with.
Can you install a safety net on your balcony?

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, hard to say for sure.

First I’m really not sure the trustee (?) or the law would allow us to make our apartment stand out.
Then I’m not sure there is anything at the size of my balcony, need to take measures.
It will be costly and this is not the time.
I’m the absolute opposite of a tinkerer and will die of old age before my family help setting it up. Maybe the neighbor.

There are a lot of issues, but at this point I don’t want to rule anything out.

Even checked the price for a behaviorist on Internet, but if the safety net is hard, this is a pipe dream.
Having another cat may occupy him, but there are risks and issues here too. First my dumb monster could not accept another cat, and for all the love I have for cats, it would be ANOTHER cat :neutral-face:

Nearly certain all this shit is due to him not having be weaned, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm shacking !
I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to get my cat back in the apartment. He doesn't want me to touch him as he knows that means I will carry him back. Now it's scratching and growling. We nearly got him but my mother didn't close the door fast enough.

I'm at my wit's end. He will now be either totally closed off or get the shot for outdoor cats and go fuck himself. All I ever asked is for him to be safe indoor, he is so not martyred. I could live with a cat that doesn't like to be pet, it's very hard for me as I'm the opposite, but I draw the line at 'fuck you, I want out'.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I've got a new little friend outside. Seems that my cat army is growing once more! :blobcheer:

I also need to finally trim that bush back on that side. That one branch loves to get stuck.

And as a bonus, it seems Wally approves of my new bookends.