Community The Emulation Thread - When That PC Port Just Ain't Happening

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Finally checked out Yuzu. It's a little bit less advanced than I was led to believe from all the talk etc, but it's still impressive of course. In time, it'll get to a reasonable state.

And yeah regarding N64 emulation, it seems like you have to throw a lot of timing accuracy into the wind if you want pixel perfect accuracy, but it's still neat to see the graphical artifacts - so grungy and satisfying.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Anyone getting issues with Saturn (Beetle core) after updating? I get an "Uncorrectable data at sector 0" error in every single Saturn game now and they don't go past the boot up Saturn logo screen. Goggling pins the common cause being a mismatch between the file names and the files specified in the cue file, but I rename all my games to my own naming system and make sure to have the .cue file match up so, that's not it, I double checked, it's all good. I dunno what else to try. Dreamcast (Flycast), N64 (ParaLLEl), Arcade (FBN), PlayStation (Beetle HW) all remain fully functional so.

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
The new Retroarch plays GBA games without hick ups or sound issues on my Vita. Now I can finally play the Castlevania and Advance Wars again.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Anyone getting issues with Saturn (Beetle core) after updating? I get an "Uncorrectable data at sector 0" error in every single Saturn game now and they don't go past the boot up Saturn logo screen. Goggling pins the common cause being a mismatch between the file names and the files specified in the cue file, but I rename all my games to my own naming system and make sure to have the .cue file match up so, that's not it, I double checked, it's all good. I dunno what else to try. Dreamcast (Flycast), N64 (ParaLLEl), Arcade (FBN), PlayStation (Beetle HW) all remain fully functional so.
It works again after core updates so I guess they fudged something up previously. Yay :)

OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
The new Retroarch plays GBA games without hick ups or sound issues on my Vita. Now I can finally play the Castlevania and Advance Wars again.
Vita has really been coming into its own with homebrew over the last year. I can't wait to see if the whole native res PSP games thing bears fruit.

Reactions: Ge0force

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Vita has really been coming into its own with homebrew over the last year. I can't wait to see if the whole native res PSP games thing bears fruit.
Has Snes emulation on Vita been worked on ? How is it ?

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
But who'd want to play emulated SNES/GBA games on a Vita?
Weird resolution, so you either have bilinear filtering 🤢 or huge borders.
GPU too week for shaders.
Pitiful battery life while overclocking (which is needed for more requiring game).

Gimme N3DS with Mugen Battery or just give me PC.

Kvik

Play Trails from Zero — Councillor's Orders!
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Does anyone have any advise on how to remove the upscaling artifact on the dialogue text of Shadow Hearts?

(In PCSX2 nightly build v1.7.0-dev-54-g3c65ddf72)

The black lines didn't show up in software mode, but I can't get rid of it in DX11 renderer, even with the "Align Sprites" hack.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Hasn't the DX11 renderer kind of fallen by the wayside and ogl is generally recommended?

Unless it's needed specifically for this game.

Kvik

Play Trails from Zero — Councillor's Orders!
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
In the past I had issues with OGL renderer since it won't play nice with Steam Overlay + ReShade on my rig, for some reason. Although to be honest I haven't tried Shadow Hearts with OGL renderer yet. I noticed with the DX11 renderer the frametime graph was looking rather flat already even with 2880p internal resolution scaling, so I just run with it.

I'll give the OGL renderer a go over the weekend to see if I can get rid of the artifacts.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I haven't really followed the PCSX2 dev super closely lately, but the impression I have is that the OGL renderer is more accurate these days so definitely give it a shot at least. :dmcblob:

Reactions: Kvik

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

My remaps and stuff for all cores are fucked after updating, idk if I did something wrong. Flycast won't launch content, most inputs don't work except keyboard.

Had to do a clean set up, only kept my playlist files and saves and I'm not entirely sure but I think my Beetle Saturn saves don't work, I had to redo VF2 settings.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, what could this '1' file without '.xxx' in my PCSX2 rep be ?

I was wondering why Drakengard crashed during the ending credits, and saw that
1/ my drive was full
2/ there is a 43gb '1' file in PCSX2