Community The MetaVerse VR thread (hardware/software/etc, all platforms)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i said it before and i say it again, even if weirdly oculus exclusives are not seen as a bad thing here, they are and are not better than epic exclusives. they are, at the end of the day bad for the whole ecosystem and i don't want to see exclusives on PC; VR or not. fuck them. shitty facebook.
and yeah, there is a difference between oculus developed games (internal studios) or just bought up exclusive rights like they announce here or like they did a lot already (just look at all the Oculus exclusives that released on Steam after 6 months to a year).

not good news.
... and of course ubisoft are there to do those games

Reactions: SRossi

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think this was shown at the VR E3 event.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

So, a middling scripted action experience like Blood & Truth as expected, with some mid level choices that change the outcome/the next action sequence. Though unlike Blood & Truth you have full FPS-like control outside the events with free locomotion, strafing and turning. Something to get on a sale maybe.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
An update to this Pong-in-VR-like (or Lethal League-in-VR-like?) from CCP with new online modes, a ranked mode and spectating features.

Kind of a weird thing, iirc after EVE Valkyrie failed to take off (even after dropping the VR requirement mind) they actually announced pulling out of the VR race.
Free weekend too.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So, I just tried the above. It's pretty good. Give it a shot even if the concept doesn't sound too appealing or if at first glance you think to compare it to that one Rec Room mini game you already played. People called this a virtual sport and I was thinking esport and went meh, something like Echo VR/Combat or even Space Junkies is more my speed with the freeing zero gravity locomotion and gameplay systems akin to non VR games but perfectly adapted to VR. But playing this is a whole different beast, it does feel like a viable sci fi (sadly I don't think the fancier mechanics can be adapted to real life easily, ha) sport, the mechanics are simple but well thought out, it's quite polished and is of course quite active, I can see high level play getting intense. I doubt I'll get good at it but yeah, solid game. I wonder if Index users would trash the competition before the rest companies catch up to the higher hz and framerates allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mor

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This looks like it has lots of potential, hope they make something good of it.

Just got ported to Quest (sideload) too.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
ThatTea for God thing is pretty cool, I didn't realize it was a room scale only game, I thought it would have regular locomotion, but instead you physically walk everywhere as each area twists and turns right into the next one so that walking in your play area feels like going through a much larger space. Like so:

My play area is super tiny, I call it standing VR rather than room scale but it worked still. Rooms were super cramped obviously, I was constantly almost pivoting in place to turn into the next area over and over and over, but it was still pretty cool that the game adjusted down to that size fully. So yeah it's basically like Unseen Diplomacy which is still rare to see done in VR despite that dating all the way back to 2016 and I haven't actually played it or any other myself.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I did think this game was nice but not nice enough to put up with the performance issues it had for what was essentially small puzzle rooms. Maybe it's fixed!

And something for the brits.

Last edited:

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
I still have problems with finger detection on my index. My pinky and ring finger are laying on top of each other when I hold the controller. I think it's partly the convex form of the grip. Luckily no game I play require all, or if any, finger seperation right now

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Tetris Effect confirmed for PC/PCVR and it's launching this week, while the EGS exclusivity is sad I think it's amazing that this games already came to PC, 256 days of PS4 exclusivity were more than enough hehe

ICYMI, yes, it's 12 moth timed exclusive while there's no word of other services, it will probably come to both Steam and Oculus Store in July 2020.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Raw Data and Star Trek Bridge Crew (both steam keys) are free right now on GMG if you buy at least a "silver" game during their summer sale.
Amazing deal.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Vertigo 2 demo is out now. Don't have time to try it now sadly, later tonight maybe.
Played it yesterday. It seems pretty decent, though also a bit weird. It's like a Half-Life style action adventure but as a parody rather than a serious story. The guns can feel weird and the finger tracking was finicky on Oculus Touch, the gestures didn't considently work as they should, though it didn't affect gameplay. Most of the early enemies didn't put up much of a fight and were boring but some weapon wielding robots proved enough of a threat so it gets better.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
Played it yesterday. It seems pretty decent, though also a bit weird. It's like a Half-Life style action adventure but as a parody rather than a serious story. The guns can feel weird and the finger tracking was finicky on Oculus Touch, the gestures didn't considently work as they should, though it didn't affect gameplay. Most of the early enemies didn't put up much of a fight and were boring but some weapon wielding robots proved enough of a threat so it gets better.
Yeah, it was really buggy for me on the index too. I even fell through the floor a few times (in the under water part) and one gun didn't work. The game itself I'm digging, I like the comedy approach. The game needs time, that's for sure, but when it works I'm really liking it.

Reactions: Alextended

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Countdown to Lewd VR Chat Jungle Theme called "King of the Swingers" in 3...2...1...

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Bethesda is having a pretty good VR sale on Steam right now. Picked up Fallout 4 VR.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Reactions: Mor

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
holy guacamole wtf is going on. those new songs are hard. i honestly backed out to see if i chose expert plus but nope, was only on hard but couldn't manage to finish. normal is the max i can go for those. and i can S all of the songs on hard (didn't play the imagine dragon ones because ID sucks).

Reactions: Alextended

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
It's tracks like that that make me not want to buy a music game, lol! Like Thumper or top levels of AudioShield i just look and go nah, i'll stick with the scrub tiers thanks.

Quick question, i take it that the Fanatical Bethesda VR Bundle is a really good deal? I loved vanilla Skyrim, haven't played Doom 2016 and have kind of skirted Fallout 4 but want to play it. Is it recommended or are there any gotchas?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's tracks like that that make me not want to buy a music game, lol! Like Thumper or top levels of AudioShield i just look and go nah, i'll stick with the scrub tiers thanks.

Quick question, i take it that the Fanatical Bethesda VR Bundle is a really good deal? I loved vanilla Skyrim, haven't played Doom 2016 and have kind of skirted Fallout 4 but want to play it. Is it recommended or are there any gotchas?
Doom VFR is not Doom 16 in VR, it's another Doom game unless I misremember.

Skyrim VR is good, but some don't like it as it requires simple button presses to open stuff, not actually using your hands to open stuff.

F4 VR is good and all, but some people experiences some optimization issues.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Cheers, i'll hold off buying them for a while and i've enough VR stuff to be getting on with for now so i can wait.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
Index VirtualLink cable is canceled, just got this mail:

meh, would have preferred to run the Index over that one to free up ports but the 18 euros are a nice touch.

Reactions: dummmyy

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Cringe video but nice concept (for any wireless VR).

Not something I'd ever get but yeah. Maybe it'd also help people with some disabilities play effectively.

And yeah this finally becomes reality xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevey

Alo81

Jul 29, 2019
Cringe video but nice concept (for any wireless VR).

Not something I'd ever get but yeah. Maybe it'd also help people with some disabilities play effectively.

And yeah this finally becomes reality xD
That doesn’t feel like its any kind of object improvement or anything, but with the right application that seems like it’d be an absolute blast to play around in regardless.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I guess it's basically same old standing/room scale VR with the effortless bouncing around he does in the gameplay parts rather than a new actual locomotion method so I don't see the comparison to the treadmills which let you travel long ingame distances with immersing physical movement while remaining in place. But yeah it could be fun in games with a lot of 360 on the spot movement like the archery game he uses as a demo. Plus like I said maybe it can help people with muscle atrophies and things like that play normal standing/room scale VR applications without exerting too much effort to be worth it.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really wonder when Borderlands 2 VR will release for PC. According to the Borderlands 2 PSVR package box, it was 6 months exclusive, it's been quite over 6 months and the ESRB rating that released was weeks ago.

I keep holding off buying it for my PSVR just in case Borderlands 2 PCVR get's suddenly official announced.

Im also wondering if Ghost Giant is a full PSVR exclusive or not. It released in the middle of april this year and not a single sale on PS Store so far.