Community What are you currently playing?

Big McLargehuge

God Cleaver
Dec 8, 2018
I decided to replay Hollow Knight since the last time I played was shortly after it launched and the devs have added quite a bit of content since then. Still holds up as one of the best indie games out there. :thumbsupblob:

Still on Mira...
Nice! My skell of choice was Amdusias back when I played it. One of these days I'll go back and replay it on Cemu, but there's still so many games I have to get through first... :sweaty-blob:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Big McLargehuge It's still a bit flaky in CEMU 1.17.1 but sometimes i can play for 8+ hours and other times it crashes after 1 hour but i'm a save-aholic so it's no problem. XCX looks freaking amazing at high-res and i only get frame drops in NLA Commercial District for some reason otherwise it's a solid 30fps as i don't bother with the 60fps patch. I'd happily play it on my Wii U if it wasn't for the load times and the sounds of a disk being tortured in the Wii U drive.

I did set the Miranium, Resources and Money to X2 so i have 99 million credits, 99 of each precious resource and SKELLS FOR DAYS! :D
Almost about to unlock the Level 50 Skells too. Damn, i love this game!

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I've started to archive my DOS Disc and CD collection. CDs are being put into ISO files and then installed via DosBox, Floppy Discs directly installed via DosBox. This should give me usable files (I hope).
I'm a bit late because some 3.5" floppy discs are failing like Privateer Disc 5 :(
Should be a tedious process as installations can take forever, but in all honesty: I'm enjoying playing floppy disc jokey more than I should.
I'm stuck playing King's Quest 6 now. Those old Sierra games are maybe undo-able without walkthroughs, but they are also addictive.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Finished Dark Souls Remastered as pure sorcerer today, including the DLC. I have to admit that the Soul Spear is way overpowered against lots of the bosses, but I still had a hard time at several points in the game, especially Sen's Fortress.

I also didn't remember stuff like how to light the Tomb of Giants from previous playthrougs. Had to use a guide for that one, but did everything else without any guidance. Co-op was only used for Ornstein & co and Manus. I couldn't resist the many summon signs before their fog gate 😋

I'm planning to replay DS2 as a sorcerer later this year.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I've managed to "rescue" and archive about 40 of my DOS games. I didn't even realize I had that much stuff.
Yes, it's a pretty unnecessary venture because nothing is unique or rare and most of it is available through GOG, Steam or other Sources. Still, some of the games out there seem to be missing files, settings, midi tracks for various systems etc.
Made sense when every kb was important in the early days of the internet, but kinda sad today.

I've badly written a small batch file to help me more easily handle the CD images. Everything is structured and setup to run out of the box (hopefully). I can put it on my NAS/Cloud Storage and use it on anything in the future without having to tinker (a lot).
DosBox is really awesome. Some people (in the past) were able to even run win95 with voodoo support on it. But all guides seem to be very old, files went missing etc. I've managed to install real DOS 6.22 on a Virtual Dos box drive, but win95 still doesn't want to install. That alone took me hours of troubleshooting. I'll leave it at that for now.

Anyway. King's Quest 6 and Strike Commander are still awesome. Pixelart + Midi is pure, fun nostalgia for me.
And I'm finally able to play SC with over 15 FPS! YEAH!

Last edited:

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
I just received the Saturn 2.4g controller and I'm playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse with it.

I've also tried it with MvC3 in my PS3 and with a few other fighting games from my Steam library and also through retroarch.
I really really really didn't expect to notice such a different in input lag.
Now I need a 2.4g Snes controller like the 8bitdo one but with a good dpad (unlike the 8bitdo one).

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The Hex. Every pc gamer should play this master piece 😍
Yeah, The Hex is great. Does lots of cool stuff

Mainly focusing on Okami right now. I would say I'm in the 2nd act now and I'm still having a lot of fun.

Other than that I was also in the mood for Romancing SaGa 2 and put quite a few hours in it and played through an entire generation.
Empress Shirley did a ton of stuff.
Annexed the Savannah by exterminating a monster terminate nest and in the process uncovering an ancient civilisation of mole people.
Built a university and helped with boosting enrollment numbers.
Saved an island town by stopping an active volcano from erupting (with the help of a shady sorcerer so this may or may not come back to bite me in the ass at one point)
Teamed up with an amazon village in the jungle and found the location and some hints against one of the Seven Heroes.
And lots more small miscalleneous stuff.
She did great and I'm now at that part where I need to select an heir again for the next generation. I kinda want a male emperor this time, because I've got some info on mermaids, but RNGsus hasn't given me anything interesting yet. I did roll a batch that included the amazon though and made a save with her in case I really can't get a decent Emperor.

Also eyeing Death's Gambit.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. Hand-drawn turn-based RPG with deep combat and many possibilities. You can even freely change the class of every character, allowing you to play the game as you please. I really like what I've played so far.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm back into Pathfinder: Kingmaker. My first go at this game ended when the kingdom management showed up. I've started over and gotten to the same place again, but kept playing! It's still more than I want to deal with, I think, so I may turn it off at some point.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
The Hex. Every pc gamer should play this master piece 😍
I searched for this in the Steam store, turns out I already own it. I cannot remember buying it... it's a bit of a common theme, sometimes finding stuff in my own library surprises me.

That reminds me, someone should develop a virtual Steam library application. You know, like a VR arcade or something. Where you have shelves of your games, sorted by the shelves from the Steam library itself. You could walk around, like in a store, look at games (when available using the original packaging), and launch them from there, too.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Digging deep into the Quake Xmas Jam 18 & 19 map packs lately. Very fun maps!

Also playing some VR classics I hadn't played in a while, still incredibly good. H3VR, Compound, and The Lab Xortex. I really prefer really refined arcade games, but I expect I'll love Alyx...

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
So I finished Yakuza 0 last night -- what an experience. I did not expect to get so attached to the characters in a game like this. It was a struggle getting through some of the earlier chapters, since the story didn't really seem to be going anywhere too interesting. But when it took off, wow. I ended up switching to easy difficulty and skipping almost all the side content, just because I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next in the main story.

I wanted to go right into more games in the series, almost 100% for more Majima. But from what I'm reading, they change his character a lot and turn him into just a side character for comic relief? That's really a shame, considering his story is so profound in 0. I may just start 0 over again and spend more time doing the optional activities.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm still working my way through Pathfinder: Kingmaker and I just finished Chapter 3. This is the point where people recommend starting the Varnhold's Lot DLC. Apparently it's entirely separate from the main story - you make a new level 5 character and play through a story that takes place in a neighboring kingdom during the events of the first 3 chapter of the base game. You can import the ending into your base game save as well and it effects things, I think? Not sure if I want to spend 8-10 hours on something like that... Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: lashman

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
I tried out Star Fetchers. Currently It's sort of a free prologue until the full the game is finished but I really enjoyed my time with it and I'm sure it's one of those indie games that will become a hit if it's released at the right time.

There's not much story going on other than one character trying to be the no. 1 gangster by killing the top boss named DOGHEAD, and the other is kinda cowardish and is being roped into it. It has very weird combat where you control the stick/blade with the mouse and you waggle it like crazy to attack, there's also time stop mechanic to deflect bullets in case you have trouble with it, it's kinda simplistic like in those Newgrounds flash games you play from years ago, it's sorta fun and charming in a way. The real meat of the game for me is the OST and the presentation. They just ooze with style and are very unique and mesh so well with the game's setting. It's around an hour long and if you're interested to see if it's for your liking then I highly recommend it

Last edited:

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
I tried out Star Fetchers. Currently It's sort of a free prologue until the full the game is finished but I really enjoyed my time with it and I'm sure it's one of those indie games that will become a hit if it's released at the right time.

There's not much story going on other than one character trying to be the no. 1 gangster by killing the top boss named DOGHEAD, and the other is kinda cowardish and is being roped into it. It has very weird combat where you control the stick/blade with the mouse and you waggle it like crazy to attack, there's also time stop mechanic to deflect bullets in case you have trouble with it, it's kinda simplistic like in those Newgrounds flash games you play from years ago, it's sorta fun and charming in a way. The real meat of the game for me is the OST and the presentation. They just ooze with style and are very unique and mesh so well with the game's setting. It's around an hour long and if you're interested to see if it's for your liking then I highly recommend it
I loved it when I played through it a few months ago, I'm really looking forward to see more from Star Fetchers.

You can buy/download the OST here btw:

Reactions: Rando10123

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I gotta play some more Doom Eternal soon. Playing an hour in the night didnt really sell me yet, tbh, but we shall see. I'm not a huge fan of the unlockables either yet. In a Doom game, I wanna minimize the time spend in upgrade menus and tutorial messages.

Spamlynguist

Dec 31, 2018
told ya it's an amazing game! :)

glad you're enjoying it ... only gets better from there :D
Finished the last episode of Life is Strange 2 today and I absolutely loved it. Glad I finally got to play it! :steam_pig_grinning:

Would've definitely been my GOTY if I played it last year!

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I started to quite like Doom Eternal after a bit of a lukewarm start. Looking forward to see how it ramps up. Playing it on the easiest difficulty now, suits my meagre shooter skills the best :grimacing-face:

Reactions: Kurt Russell

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Finished the Varnhold's Lot DLC for Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and resumed playing the main story again. I'm at the point where I don't even visit the optional side areas - there must be at least 10-12 I haven't zoned into. Too much stuff, and not enough of it is interesting enough to spend time on.

I'm also playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Tomorrow I should have my first batch of new islanders joining. I also have all of the tools unlocked, so I can almost explore the whole island.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Half-Life: Alyx, Destiny 2 (going through some unfinished quests) and Dawn of War 2.

On consoles it's currently just Animal Crossing. So 90% of my gaming time is happening as usual on PC.

Reactions: Stevey

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Playing Doom Eternal as well, but at a pretty slow pace. Doing only one mission a day or so. For some reason I get burned out too easily unless I'm playing something like an action game.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Animal Crossing has me in it's grip like a vice. The hours just melt away when I play it.

... And honestly it's nice. It has me being social in a different way from usual. Normally the only thing I play online is R6 Siege... AC is totally different attitude/mindset.

I've been in maximum zen-mode for the last couple days. All thanks to AC and the warm community around it.

I never had a twitter before, but I pretty much made one just for Animal Crossing?

(But on that note let me just say how garbage it is that you can't share Screenshots from Switch without either an FB or Twitter. As a PC gamer who can normally share my screenshots however the heck I want, this is so damn annoying. I don't dislike twitter after learning how to use it though.)

Spamlynguist

Dec 31, 2018
Animal Crossing: New Horizons along with Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled and Batman: The Enemy Within.