Support Come and load off your mental struggles

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
One of my facebook friends is feeling really depressed right now. She told me that some boy or girl called her an idiot and is having some family troubles. I am trying to help her out (she is from Brazil or Portugal; can't remember). Any advice on what I can giver her?

NarohDethan

Anime threads enthusiast
Apr 6, 2019
One of my facebook friends is feeling really depressed right now. She told me that some boy or girl called her an idiot and is having some family troubles. I am trying to help her out (she is from Brazil or Portugal; can't remember). Any advice on what I can giver her?
What kind of troubles?

Hektor

Degenerate and Proud
Nov 1, 2018
fml

Wanted to buy tickets for the NieR Orchestra in London, but they didn't support my payment method and now the tickets are sold out.
I'm legit depressed right now.

It might sound silly to get hung up on such a thing but it's been a dream of mine to go to one since they started happening in japan 3 years ago.

:jj_potato:

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
I'd love to see Nier & Nier Automata played by an Orchestra. We can be partners in sadness as i didn't even know they were on sale.

NarohDethan

Anime threads enthusiast
Apr 6, 2019
A lot of times I wonder if I’m a good person. I know I’m not a shitty person, but I think I dont always do my best to be better.

Reactions: lashman

deftones r cool

I̷n̴t̵o̸ ̷t̷h̵e̶ ̵v̵o̵i̸d̵
Apr 19, 2019
A lot of times I wonder if I’m a good person. I know I’m not a shitty person, but I think I dont always do my best to be better.
Morality is subjective. There are people IRL who would consider me a saint, and others who would swear to you I was the antichrist or something. If you go through life without ruffling some feathers and making some enemies along the way, you're not doing it right imho.

As Patrice O'Neal infamously said, "Don't nice your way out of your own happiness." People who pretend like they don't have a darker, more primal, side are annoying imho.

Reactions: NarohDethan

deftones r cool

I̷n̴t̵o̸ ̷t̷h̵e̶ ̵v̵o̵i̸d̵
Apr 19, 2019
Idk if any of you guys can relate. but I don't react well to good things happening to me. It's like I'm not used to it or something, makes me uncomfortable. A mass e-mail went out over at work about my promotion and all these co-workers and stuff started congratulating me. It was nuts. I almost went into the fetal position lmao.

Not sure what that is. Feels like it belongs in this thread though.

I finally got an office job where I make salary and I'm freaking tf out about it.

Imposter syndrome? Is that what it's called?

BlackRainbowFT

Apr 17, 2019
Idk if any of you guys can relate. but I don't react well to good things happening to me. It's like I'm not used to it or something, makes me uncomfortable. A mass e-mail went out over at work about my promotion and all these co-workers and stuff started congratulating me. It was nuts. I almost went into the fetal position lmao.

I finally got an office job where I make salary and I'm freaking tf out about it.

It's impostor syndrome if you feel like those compliments are unwarranted... that you're scared that somebody might find out they were wrong all along... that in fact you're a hack but nobody seems to have noticed yet.

But what you're describing actually looks like a form of social anxiety. I personally dislike being at the center of attention... it's one of the main reasons I don't want to marry: I just don't want to have a day that is "about me". And I dread the day I'll have to announce that I'm going to be a father (I'm not although it's on the cards... and I can't avoid thinking about "having to tell the others").

z1ggy

No Anime
Apr 17, 2019

I really dislike compliments, i guess some of us arent used to good things. Anyways, glad you are doing well ✨

It's impostor syndrome if you feel like those compliments are unwarranted... that you're scared that somebody might find out they were wrong all along... that in fact you're a hack but nobody seems to have noticed yet.

But what you're describing actually looks like a form of social anxiety. I personally dislike being at the center of attention... it's one of the main reasons I don't want to marry: I just don't want to have a day that is "about me". And I dread the day I'll have to announce that I'm going to be a father (I'm not although it's on the cards... and I can't avoid thinking about "having to tell the others").
Also, i hate being the center of attention as well but one way or another i always end being there.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT