News Cyberpunk 2077 - releasing December 10 , 2020

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Okay, i'm restarting the game and want some cool build ideas as i could see i was going to end up with a wishy-washy middle of the road build.
If not then i'll fall back to my usual Stealth Sniper build with Hacking but i want to try something different first.

Also, found a decent Jack from Mass Effect character. i might use as a base

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I see that I am the only one going with the (boring?) max "constitution/athleticism" build.

It feels good sprinting without using endurance, etc. I punch people to death in fights. And I get to intimidate people in dialogues.

I even got an option to tear down a door, but decided to go with the intimidation instead, which was an easier check. So stupid of me.
Maybe I should reload my previous save to make use of my constitution/athleticism.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
It was in the waiting room of a "ripperdoc" ("charcudoc" in French). I could tear down the closed door, or intimidate other people in the waiting room.
You just destroyed my joke, you monster :cryblob:

• Hug
Reactions: ISee

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I made a build that is focused on building stuff. Now I have a sniper that kills everything with one shot and I don't even have to aim with it.

The one thing I miss about the game is the Night City feeling a bit more alive and less like a modern day city. :D I sorta have the idea of the city being more like Blade Runnerish city and less like LA but with cyberpunk people in it. Oh well that's what I get from being a fan of the 2020 RPG book instead of checking out what they had done with the lore more recently.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I keep trying to get those psychos alive as the lady wants but man those are just impossible to not kill.XD
I use the "PAX" mod on my Cyberpsycho weapon as it inflicts Non-Lethal shots.
There's also one Cyberpsycho related job where you can talk to the person and there is one dialog route i found that leads to them backing down.
Which was nice, as i was level 3 and they were creaming me in a firefight!

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I use the "PAX" mod on my Cyberpsycho weapon as it inflicts Non-Lethal shots.
There's also one Cyberpsycho related job where you can talk to the person and there is one dialog route i found that leads to them backing down.
Which was nice, as i was level 3 and they were creaming me in a firefight!
Also you can use the ocular implants targeting mod to make all weapons non lethal.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I made a build that is focused on building stuff. Now I have a sniper that kills everything with one shot and I don't even have to aim with it.

The one thing I miss about the game is the Night City feeling a bit more alive and less like a modern day city. :D I sorta have the idea of the city being more like Blade Runnerish city and less like LA but with cyberpunk people in it. Oh well that's what I get from being a fan of the 2020 RPG book instead of checking out what they had done with the lore more recently.
Yeah, there is definitively a feel of that. I think I'd have liked a bit more Blade Runner to it, and a lot more systemic life. Still, it remains a damn fantastic setting.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Ah yes, I need to look into mods and implants! I'm level 20 and still haven't gotten any other than the ones in the beginning and one other from a quest.
I hit the street cred max yesterday and I've only done one main quest. :D

I usually just drive around doing the blue marks while listening to podcasts. I'll delve in to the mainline quests after I'm done with all the rest, I did the same with The Witcher 3 and I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed at the level of quest design in comparison. Having fun tho.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Imagine if they'd gone with Yakuza level of interaction with the bars and such...
Thank you for reminding me I need to get back to zero. Also, yeah, the quest design of a lot of the gigs is a bit... I mean, the city is a fantastic backdrop and there is an immersive quality to it that is carrying the game on its back. But I feel like it could use a tiny bit more twists and turns. More conversation options, more unforeseen consequences and all that. An open-world game's worst enemy is predictability.

Ironically, I feel like TW3 had a lot more texture to it, but that may also be that I'm avoiding the main quest entirely because I've heard side quests affect it, so my impression may be based on the weakest content of the game.

Reactions: ISee and Nahkapukki

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
You can also use blunt weapons and your fists for non-lethal. It seemed one of the easier ways early on.
Yeah, that's what I went with before getting better quickhacks. Blunt weapons felt really powerful in the beginning.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Yeah, you can often stun look cyberpsychos with timed baseball hits.

PC-Patriot

Press Any key, where the hell is it ?
Aug 5, 2019
So on my fourth playthrough of cyberpunk and still loving it as much as when I first fired it up. Done Nomad, Street Kid and Corpo, now my 4th one is back to streetkid cos that feels more "right" for me. I absolutely fucking love this game. Even now after 3 playthroughs it still has that "one more mission vibe, Anyhoo a post by me wouldn't be official without some pussy

Yes you can own a cat in the game and it is just like a real cat, it spends 12 hours in the cat tray doing fuck and all

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I can't believe there was a quest involving Garry the Prophet. I thought he was just a crazy NPC
---

This is my new favorite screenshot

This screenshot is hurting my brain. The street looks far too big for both of them. Is that a hobbit and hobbit sized bike? Also what's with the shadows: she has a huge shadow, yet the bike casts a much shorter one, despite being maybe half heir height?
I appreciate the Akira reference, I do, but notlikethis.gif

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Lmao i didn not even noticed what was going on with the shadows. I think the street looks too big because I took that screenshot in the middle of a crossing.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I recommend to see all endings.
Just save when sitting with Misty on the roof

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
So I have according to steam some 130 hours and waiting for Takemura to call regarding the parade. Only have about 15 gigs on the map remaining and did all sidemissions I found so far. It is definitely my GOTY, but it really needed more time in debug phase, there are lot of little immersion breakers that could use sanding off. I didn't have any big bugs so far (worst one was stuck in unarmed mode, had to reload a save), but I still expected the RDR2 level of polish (after all CDP wants to rival Rockstar - and in game quality they do - and they had money to afford it). So I am annoyed at CDP management for incorrectly judging the state of their game and setting too early deadlines.

Because what CDPR crafted here is magnificent, and if it was released in fully polished state (with lastgen versions postponed or canceled, if they couldn't get them into shape), it could be considered a milestone that it is. And the discourse around it wouldn't be such a bummer.

I love this car

From Dusk Till Dawn, huh

Pure, contentrated atmosphere

Love how many people and cars there are in busy areas of the city