|OT| Dating Thread | One right swap at the time

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind :p

speaking of, I have my crush’s instagram (I already knew it and she has it on her tinder bio) but since she didn’t answer my superlike I’m afraid I’ll come across a creepy mf

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind :p

speaking of, I have my crush’s instagram (I already knew it and she has it on her tinder bio) but since she didn’t answer my superlike I’m afraid I’ll come across a creepy mf
Yeah it has the risk of that. You can try to follow but do not write anything, hell don't even like unless it's something huge, like she got cancer and overcame it or something like that.

Reactions: NarohDethan
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah it has the risk of that. You can try to follow but do not write anything, hell don't even like unless it's something huge, like she got cancer and overcame it or something like that.
I guess that would be the best course of action.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I matched with a girl on OKC whom i wrote the opening for a joke.
But by the time she matched i forgot the punch line. So when she wrote me the only thing i could come up with was a cheap pick-up line

I feel so guilty now

:h02itsfine:
But by the time she matched i forgot the punch line. So when she wrote me the only thing i could come up with was a cheap pick-up line

I feel so guilty now

She replied "This one was almost clever haha"

is that good??

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

I feel so guilty now

is that good??
A reply more than one word is always good!:D

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Spot a cute girl on Twitter, realize she likes the same weird shit as you, get ready to interact with her...and then she starts liking Trump’s tweets, what the fuck.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Spot a cute girl on Twitter, realize she likes the same weird shit as you, get ready to interact with her...and then she starts liking Trump’s tweets, what the fuck.
Well you did say she was into weird shit.XD

But yeah after having dated a few that were religious, I had to learn to look over some troublesome perspectives they had and hope it was something I could open their mind on.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

I feel so guilty now

is that good??
She ghosted.

Also just had a nice conversation with a really cute girl today and the moment i invite her out to a dinner all i'm getting is a read receipt.

Only dating is trash, i'm tired of it.
Like, yea, i know i'm not entitled to a response let alone dates, but i've gotten the strong impression the majority of girls are players looking for some e-attention without any desire to ever move beyond the app

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Just had a date so bad that is made me delete every contact and every message in my phone, and made me seriously think suicide is probably the answer. I'm not even kidding haha!

The date was fine, nothing dramatic just that there was zero chemistry. I was so sure to delete just her contact but saw on whatsapp that she did it before me haha and that just made me spiral out, instant reflection on every date and girlfriend that didn't go anywhere and it just overwhelmed me.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
So, there was that girl who liked my profile on an app some time ago, but by the time i matched her, she had stopped using the app.
Now i randomly came across that same persons twitter account while going through some Hashtags, now i am wondering, would it be creepy to write her there? Cuz she made a real cool impression

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Jesus people do suck, I got a warning on a dating app about being abusive today and said I would be banned next time, which is strange since Ive only talked to one person all week and Ill meet her on sunday, so it has to be someone I didnt respond to or someone that just didnt like my profile, either way, get fucked shitty people!

Edit: I kind of suspect who it could have been, I girl I went out with who became very negative and bitter who I had to block... Funny, I tried to write to support but they just sent out automated messages saying they looked into it and that I was at fault, meaning they didnt even look into it. Reminds of those youtube copyright strikes.XD

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Anyway guys! I can't be the only one trying to find some dates! I'm going to meet someone on sunday and she seems great, even video chatted today BUT, and this is a huuuuuuge BUT, she already has a kid and I don't know how to feel about it.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
What apps are you using? I pretty much only use Badoo right now and I have met a bunch of people from there.
Bumble, OKC and Tinder, altho my tinder got banned some weeks ago when i made a new account after deleting my last one and entered the wrong birthday lol

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Haha but yeah try out Badoo, you are in Europe right? Badoo is quite big in Europe and other countries that isn't the US.
literally never heard of it but i'll look into it.
I think the actual problem tho is that i am simply not attractive, charming or in any way desirable.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
How do i make experience if i don't get dates

Dating truly is the same as jobhunting
Haha yeah it really is! When it comes to experience, you just have to take it wherever you can, strike up conversations in real life with random girls, not as finding a date but just experience and learning to handle rejection.

Other tips, make sure you have good profile pics, like really make an effort. For profile text, don't necessarily go into your interests but more about what you are looking for and what kind of experience you can give the date.

Most of all just be chill and in good humor about it all. Online dating really isn't "fair" or "equal" in any way but that's ok so just be patient and keep at it, keep improving your photos, your text and get experience even if it is texting at first.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Had another first date and it went well! One thing I really like about going on a date with an African, is that they are very upfront about things girls usually don't say outright. Like this date she was asking about my situation and if I had work and such, asked about my past girlfriends and said that of course they wouldn't stay with someone without work or money haha! Dont really expect more dates but we did sneak into the forest to hookup so that was at least a first for me haha.

• Love

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Well that didn't take long haha, the girl I was seeing, who told me she wanted to be my woman, well a few days ago I said I wanted to see her and she told me she would let me know when she had time but its been dead silence for days. Oh well time to hit the gym and dating apps haha or how the saying goes.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Still boggles my mind that after the spending the night at my place and telling me how she wants to be my woman yet go silent for a week. She texted me last night telling how sorry she for the silence and kept calling Cheri. Yeah no, just deleted her number and messages.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Seriously my dating life is little too crazy. In something like three weeks I went from one woman saying she wanted to be my woman to now already found a new one that has said the same. But this time she seems more serious even wanting me to deleted my dating profile haha.

And yes the same one that already has two kids and I know I'm being completely foolish but there is just something about her.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Seriously my dating life is little too crazy. In something like three weeks I went from one woman saying she wanted to be my woman to now already found a new one that has said the same. But this time she seems more serious even wanting me to deleted my dating profile haha.

And yes the same one that already has two kids and I know I'm being completely foolish but there is just something about her.
Are you ready to grapple with the complications that will have on your relationship? If yes, then go for it, nothing wrong with that scenario.
Otherwise, the new women doesn't have any of those issues at the moment.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Are you ready to grapple with the complications that will have on your relationship? If yes, then go for it, nothing wrong with that scenario.
Otherwise, the new women doesn't have any of those issues at the moment.
She does expect me to stick around because yeah she wants serious. I do too but didn't think me finding something serious meant becoming a step dad.

I do feel I want it but I worried I'm not aware of what it really means.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
She does expect me to stick around because yeah she wants serious. I do too but didn't think me finding something serious meant becoming a step dad.

I do feel I want it but I worried I'm not aware of what it really means.
I'm not able to provide any first hand advice here, but you might not need an answer now (it would certainly help), but I don't think your female friend with the kids expects you to be batting 1000 from the get on that front. Have you been introduced yet? It would be one thing if you're a known quantity to them already, it's something else entirely if day one is 'Hey kids here's you're new stepdad, Monooboe!'
Also, do you want kids of your own and would this women want more in the future?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I'm not able to provide any first hand advice here, but you might not need an answer now (it would certainly help), but I don't think your female friend with the kids expects you to be batting 1000 from the get on that front. Have you been introduced yet? It would be one thing if you're a known quantity to them already, it's something else entirely if day one is 'Hey kids here's you're new stepdad, Monooboe!'
Also, do you want kids of your own and would this women want more in the future?
Haha she kind of did that, introduced me to her kids but on video call, we havent dated long, like only three dates but theyve been intense and yeah I am looking to start a family and told her and she does want more. Sure part of her intention is to find a man that can provide a good life for a family, but I do think she is honestly into me with how she is around me. So I'll just see how it turns out once she starts to invite me more into her life.