|OT| Dating Thread | One right swap at the time

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Happened AGAIN! Took the train to meet her, when I arrive and call her and she says she will be right there and then blocks me. I fucking hate people Jesus fucking Christ.
What an asshole. Maybe a catfish?

I'm seriously considering limiting my age range to 26 and up where most people don't think that being an alcoholic is a personality.

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
What an asshole. Maybe a catfish?

I'm seriously considering limiting my age range to 26 and up where most people don't think that being an alcoholic is a personality.
I don't think so, I honestly think they chickened out at the last minute, but either way shitty behavior.

I've been lucky that most dates I've had don't drink alcohol and they've all been middle twenties. But that can have to do also with that I mostly date Africans, meaning they are either first or second generation immigrants and they are often religious and don't drink that much. Like my most recent ex never had been drunk.

• Sad
Reactions: NarohDethan
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I don't think so, I honestly think they chickened out at the last minute, but either way shitty behavior.

I've been lucky that most dates I've had don't drink alcohol and they've all been middle twenties. But that can have to do also with that I mostly date Africans, meaning they are either first or second generation immigrants and they are often religious and don't drink that much. Like my most recent ex never had been drunk.
I don't mind liking alcohol. But when the definition of having a good time involves alcohol, I'm out.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I also have a problem when people list 'sleeping' as a hobby.

Or maybe I'm the problem.

• Toucan
Reactions: Le Pertti

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Realize that you are projecting and what you pining for is a fantasy. You don't know yet if you really like her or not
I think i do, she's 100% my type and awfully stunning in every way

Of course there's still a chance we wouldn't like each other (and more likely, she wouldn't be into me)

but i'm fairly certain i'm not projecting. She's just got the qualities i'm looking for + more

Hentai time
observation:

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I think i do, she's 100% my type and awfully stunning in every way

Of course there's still a chance we wouldn't like each other (and more likely, she wouldn't be into me)

but i'm fairly certain i'm not projecting. She's just got the qualities i'm looking for + more

observation:

[Hidden content]
That's what saying, she seems like it because you can only see her from distance. How she actually is can be totally different. Don't judge a person by their Instagram feed. I just made an updated version of the "book by it's cover" haha.

Sure you might have contact and all that but that is still a façade that she has for everyone that aren't her closest friend or partner.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yes I know it comes of a brag, but its more about my head kind of spinning! I don't even think she really wanted me, but when we talked and stuff came up about having children and she said she couldn't find someone to give her one so I was all "I can do it" haha!

• Toucan
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Yes I know it comes of a brag, but its more about my head kind of spinning! I don't even think she really wanted me, but when we talked and stuff came up about having children and she said she couldn't find someone to give her one so I was all "I can do it" haha!

• Toucan

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I am not sure I understood. You had sex (with protections or pills)... or you are actively trying to become a father in July 2021? Because the former is "ahah", and the latter is more like... time to sacrifice my next twenty years for the sake of a little being. It is a life-changing event.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I am not sure I understood. You had sex (with protections or pills)... or you are actively trying to become a father in July 2021? Because the former is "ahah", and the latter is more like... time to sacrifice my next twenty years for the sake of a little being. It is a life-changing event.
The latter yes, but it was more in a way of being a donor. But if she want to build a real family with me then yeah I would be up for it.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Another red flag, someone that writes with someone on a dating app while on a date with you to set up something right after. Honestly feel kind of sick haha
That is very rude lol

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
like Jesus Christ, how many dates do you have LOL it feels like you have one every day of the weekend

Im sitting here hoping i might have one in 2 or 3 months if everything goes well and you are dating people like you are ordering them from McD LOL

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I don't have that many dates! Like three in two weeks. It comes and goes, some times I have a lot and sometimes I have none! Now it seems like many of those who write me are from very far away, so only action I get is video calls haha.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Felt like this all weekend

So, i asked that girl out i had posted about earlier. Through the help of a self-made Ace Attorney video :H02horns:

I thought "I'm just gonna shoot my shot and be done with it when she says no"

well

Her answer was, that she really liked the video (yay!!) and that she think's i'm a pretty funny guy (wowser!!) and if it were not for a certain circumstance™ (oh no) she would give me a chance (HOLY SHIT!)

So that's why i've been rolling around all weekend (literally too)

Because damn, she's like so completely out of my league i never expected that i could have an actual chance there, so hearing that she would give me one if certain things weren't the way they were made me immensely happy, BUT precisely because she says that i'm also a little bit more sad about this than i would be about a hard no because it feels like losing the lottery by a single digit. OH WELL.

She explitictly told me that'd she be willing to go on a date with me depending on how those circumstances™ evolve, but that wouldn't be before the end of the year.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, and kinda wishing it won't happen because technically, the circumstances™ going to my advantage would be to her disadvantage and i wouldn't want to wish such a thing on her, but MAN, I WISH I COULD JUST FREEZE MYSELF UNTIL EARLY NEXT YEAR TO FIND OUT

:h02excite: :h02excite: :h02excite: :h02excite: :h02excite: :h02excite: :h02excite: :h02excite: :h02excite:

Only tangentially related, but this story tells me most definitely to keep dating apps uninstalled.
Because even though i should have no chance with her AND that she said no/not atm AND that we didnt even meet through a dating environment, despite all these factors, this experience is so much more positive, and joyful, and confidence building than anything that ever happened on these trashy apps.

For the first time in years, i actually do not feel undatable.
Crazy!!

But seriously tho, she's so friendly and fun, and talented, and engaging, and stunningly beautiful, i can't believe she's even at all willing to talk with me.
So my gameplan right now:

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content
Sounds good?

NGL tho, i'm feeling like a filthy pick-up artist ;_;

• Love
Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hektor I don't know how it usually goes, but for me mixing business and dating is never possible. I say this from both ends of the spectrum, meaning if someone hired me to do portraits of her it would feel very weird to try and see her as something else afterwards. Trying to buy your way in isn't healthy.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I don't know if your two plans are linked. If so, I think plan n°2 has potential to backfire because it is a bit creepy to use info obtained via plan n°1 for plan n°2.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I don't know if your two plans are linked. If so, I think plan n°2 has potential to backfire because it is a bit creepy to use info obtained via plan n°1 for plan n°2.
Oh no, id just be asking her for her adress that is all, it's got nothing to do with the commission

Hektor I don't know how it usually goes, but for me mixing business and dating is never possible. I say this from both ends of the spectrum, meaning if someone hired me to do portraits of her it would feel very weird to try and see her as something else afterwards. Trying to buy your way in isn't healthy.
It's not really business tho, the topic arrived fairly naturally too. So i figured i'd do her a favor through that commission

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Well this is different, I recently became friends with a woman who lives in the same area as me and I mentioned to her that I'm looking for a woman haha, so she is trying to match me up with her niece so I started talking with her on whatsapp. Problem is that she lives in Senegal haha, long distance never works.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Not doing this lockdown well, did sneak out to visit someone from a dating app. Yeah I have zero willpower to resist someone asking me to come to them.
Here in Belgium we are allowed to have one "cuddle" contact. Everyone needs a cuddle now and then. :)

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Went on a date and my no shave november beard is apparently sexy! Eventhough it looks like a wimpy kids first try at a beard I am happy it seems to have a strong effect.:D For a first date it went head spinningly good, I think I might have a new girlfriend and there is a risk she will be pregnant.XD

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
tfw you're starting to find older woman more attractive than young ones

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
tfw you're starting to find older woman more attractive than young ones
I think it all depends on what you want and need in life at certain times in your life.

For me, as I am looking for someone to start a family with, so in that sense I'm like a caveman when it comes to the simplicity to what I'm attracted to.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I think it all depends on what you want and need in life at certain times in your life.

For me, as I am looking for someone to start a family with, so in that sense I'm like a caveman when it comes to the simplicity to what I'm attracted to.
Well, not older older :p I'm 29, someone 32-34 would be nice.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Well, not older older :p I'm 29, someone 32-34 would be nice.
Haha! Last woman I met was 34, was like love at first sight and she felt it too, the one I wrote in a post higher, but sadly it just fell of as strongly, after hooking up the second time we never talked again haha.

But yeah even she said she is too old to have a big family. So on dating apps my max age is 30.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Haha! Last woman I met was 34, was like love at first sight and she felt it too, the one I wrote in a post higher, but sadly it just fell of as strongly, after hooking up the second time we never talked again haha.

But yeah even she said she is too old to have a big family. So on dating apps my max age is 30.
I'll set my minimum age at 25-26. I think I set it at 22 but that's too young for me now :p

• Eyes

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I actually would prefer a girlfriend that's a bit older than me too, ideally like 1-4 years, so you are not alone!

• Hug